Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official Alien Oasis 3: Trials of the Overlord Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

What new gear?

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #62
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,495 Posts

All great feedback. However, since the opinions are so varied, we're going to let the dust settle a bit before changing anything.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    Please don't nerf anything yet. I thought the difficulty was high for level 45/46/47s, and a level 48 who tried to solo Overlord, but can we please wait until teams of level 50 run the dungeon before we decide it's too hard? Please? I didn't think the bosses, except maybe Overlord, were that difficult for a good team and that didn't even include any level 49s or 50s and no new gear. So I would like to see level 50s with new gear running it before deciding it needs fixing.
    i felt at one point that ao3 was too hard, but i agree with this. we should wait for this, or like assomers said, wait for the dust to settle.
    the camps is like only an hour over a day old....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

No nerfing.

I LOVE, I mean LOVE, the fact that the team has to discuss tactics before running into a bosses room.

We all wanted harder fights and this is it. Bosses should NEVER be solo'able and not even killable by 2 people, maybe even three.
    A boss with a name like 'GALATIC OVERLORD' should be a really tough fight requiring a combination of Tanks, Healers and Damage classes along with a whole lots of teamwork and tactics.

Some people see it as too hard but think about it, we are all slowly making our way towards 50 with crap gear in comparison to what we will have later on. Of course it's not meant to be easy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I'm not asking for a nerf.

But items dropping that are level 44?!?! C'mon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    I'm not asking for a nerf.

But items dropping that are level 44?!?! C'mon.
    Mmm yea, thats not as fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

It's an error, I am certain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Uhh, OK, I s*ck. I meant meathead. Need to go back to basics.
    This is not hard... I've killed Meathead alone in a game by myself as a lvl 4 or 5 when I got to him doing quests...With a bear, it's easy with no pots... What does this have to do with AO3? I never suggested nerfing AO3. I think it needs to be refined as Azrael said. It is NOT balanced when all the team can't be in the same room as a boss. I also think that elixirs should not HAVE to be used ever. I always considered elixirs to be cheating (just for me- I like the challenge) but I HAD to use an elixir yesterday.

I also maintain that reusing the same old mesh/map w different colors and bosses was not right at a 20P cost...and they need to upgrade the server...

The loot that does drop is mostly the same tired old stuff. Frankly, I don't care about them creating great loot later. This campaign cost twice as much- there should be plenty of fantastic items (even if the drops are rare) now...

I'm sorry. If you charge me twice as much, then my expectations are going to be greater.
    Last edited by Furrawn; 10-05-2010 at 04:43 PM.
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Don't change anything yet, till we see people running the maps at 50 with lvl 50 gear, not uber but decent and they start providing feedback

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Other people say that, too, jonboy. But ... what new gear? I don't see any level 50 gear. I got a pink. It was level 46. I get drops and they are lower than items from AO2. There's something wrong here.

Yes, I did see the list that is in Trader's Market, but look at the only bow. It's level 50. It does 35 more hp. And it has a Speed of 1.6. What?! My scarab bow speed is 1.0. How is that going to help me? I bet the DPS is even lower.

I'm an archer. It appears this new campaign is only for Bears.
    Last edited by Snakespeare; 10-05-2010 at 05:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Other people say that, too, jonboy. But ... what new gear? I don't see any level 50 gear. I got a pink. It was level 46. I get drops and they are lower than items from AO2. There's something wrong here.
    play some more. level up and stop whining (no offence) and they will come. ive gotten amazing drops while just focusing on leveling my guys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Wait, you did not see my edits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

i see now. but with time, more will appear im sure. and im also sure the devs will change the stats of the bow in one point or another as theyve done with 2h's etc.
    i have admitted tho that mages and archers get the shorter end of the stick, also why ive changed my mage to pally halfway through ao2, but im sure that will all change

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Well, I'm no quitter. :-)

I will stick it out. But I have just never ever seen items drop that are lower than the level of the maps. Level 44? These have to be errors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Well, I'm no quitter. :-)

I will stick it out. But I have just never ever seen items drop that are lower than the level of the maps. Level 44? These have to be errors.
    never seen a 44 but i do have some 45's from it, like a thoth plate for example. the rest were lv 48-50 versions to blasters helms and plates

like my sniper blaster and mynas isis helm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Not to put down bird and mage classes, or put them to blame, but like I said on previous posts Ao3 puts a lot of strain on tanks. If you wanna level up fast, xp elixir. Tank bosses (even a bit of mobbing), tank elixir. If your going to be the only one alive during boss fights, damage elixir. Since your getting all these elixirs you might even opt to get the trash can punch or the premium mix. NOT to mention the amount spent on pots.

Then again I'm NOT putting down or blaming the other two classes. I've tried it with my bird and really theres only so much you can do. If dev's are able to fix the fact that birds and mages are able to help significantly, it should also significantly reduce the strain on tanks, make the level quite easier to do, and eventually everything else will follow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

been farming none stop its awesome nice work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Have played more. I have two pinks now. They have the same names as loot in AO2 except the stats are bad. Why?

Devs... You promised epic and new...

You used to make entirely NEW environments with entirely NEW bosses and entirely NEW loot like Lost and The Swamps. Now for twice the cost, you have given me a recycled map with new colors and space doors, new bosses, and mostly recycled loot. For 20P NOTHING should have been recognizable. Nothing. What took 3 months???

Also, it just cost me 15K to play. I don't sell my pinks. I've played to get my 300K that is already disappearing. Elixirs are expensive and I should not HAVE to buy them to play. If you think I just play poorly, ask Twinktastical- he played with me As Instinctive through the 5th lvl and killing the Overlord. He'll say if I play badly since I'm probably not his favorite person Though it took a long time since we didn't manage to get Overlord by a barrel...

I have three lvl 45 characters. I don't have the gold to level them all to 50. I'm not about to HAVE to do money runs on balefort just to play a campaign that I had to pay twice as much for that already has let me down in terms of its lack of newness.

I don't advocate nerfing... I don't know what the answer is... But I'm not playing AO3 anymore until I can play without pouring endless gold into it.

I apologize if I sound angry. I'm not. I'm disappointed and really frustrated because I've realized that I can't afford to level all my 45 characters to 50... and that's just not acceptable
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

But I have just never ever seen items drop that are lower than the level of the maps. Level 44? These have to be errors.
    Yeah, I got a bunch of level 44 and 45 drops, mostly trash stuff, but I also thought it was strange.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Once you get into farming you find the drop rate is actually very generous. Got loads of 50 gear after farming an hour. Seen a few rift pieces and 5 kite shields.

And people PLEASE - You do not NEED to buy elixirs. It is very possible to get through the levels with a little thought and teamwork.

Secondly - Even if you DID need to buy elixiers with your gold, why would that be such a bad thing? You buy health potions right? Why don't you complain about that?

But again. Elixirs are not needed.

I see parties of two str birds and a mage run into the Overlords room and then complain when they get owned. :/