Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official Alien Oasis 3: Trials of the Overlord Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

And difficulty of bosses come into play as well. I've been invited to games (the last boss) where it's just him remaining. It's easy to say tanks only in, bring to barrel, blow up, when shield is down all out fire. Then again just tryin to bring him to the barrel alone is hard enough, plus all out fire usually leads to all barrels going off, more people dying, more elixirs used, and after half an hour maybe? You get pink 46-50 loot which you don't even need. Satisfaction 0 sadly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ive gotten really addicted to this game but ao3... Not liking it much. Being one-shotted by every boss over and over is just not challenging. What got me hooked were near-deaths where i could survive. So i played to the third map and went back to ao2.

The shadow guys were really cool and like the new colors but nobody likes bosses that one- shot everyone. And the casual aspect seems to be gone. Ao3 seems, well, tedious.
    Last edited by Quew; 10-05-2010 at 10:08 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I agree and disagree with a lot of the critizism I'm reading. Here are a the only 2 points I can play devil's advocate.

1. We all asked for stronger bosses - now the bosses are TOO strong? I myself was ready to quit last night when I was with a party who was incapable of taking out the last boss, or listening to instructions for that matter. Anyway, Banned, Richie, and Rogue saved the day with helping me.

2. The devs need there money - I don't think 20p was overpriced, for the difficulty, unique bosses available, and more things to come. I'm sure they will add new items and tweaks as we go along.

With that said. Here is what I don't like, and the first one has been becoming a trend with the last few campaigns...

1. For the love of GOD, please make some randomized dungeons or something that looks unique for that campaign. The same twists, the same turns, and different colored walls is not fooling anyone.

2. I don't think elixirs should be necessary to defeat a boss, especially with a good group of pros. Tends to be taking away from the players skills, and relying on money to keep them alive. Maybe offer the party one tanking pot per boss, where they can choose what party member gets it? (just a spontaneous thought)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was in plenty of decent groups. Having to use elixers to stay alive or kill a boss is just plain ridiculous. The pendelum has swung too far. We want hard bosses but not bosses we need to use elixers to just stay alive.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedBear View Post

2. I don't think elixirs should be necessary to defeat a boss, especially with a good group of pros. Tends to be taking away from the players skills, and relying on money to keep them alive. Maybe offer the party one tanking pot per boss, where they can choose what party member gets it? (just a spontaneous thought)
    My thought on the elixers being needed is that if these boss's were beatable by 45's, they might be too easy for 50's. Perhaps a good team of 50's will not need pots, and we all will be fighting them a lot more as 50's then 45's.

(Also, consider that the 2nd last boss is designed for level 49 players and the last boss is designed for level 50, as the boards should scale.)

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    My thought on the elixers being needed is that if these boss's were beatable by 45's, they might be too easy for 50's. Perhaps a good team of 50's will not need pots, and we all will be fighting them a lot more as 50's then 45's.

(Also, consider that the 2nd last boss is designed for level 49 players and the last boss is designed for level 50, as the boards should scale.)
    Once I get my l33t lvl 50 str gear, I'll be over all that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Fluff-
    I disagree. A good team should be able to play without elixirs. That's ludicrous if the campaign has levels set to 50 when it's for 45-50. If they want to do that then they need to let us toggle an option for normal or difficult. I didn't pay 20P to have to dump all my gold into health pots (over 400) or elixirs (1) like I had to playing the campaign once yesterday. I LOVE the one- shot kills by bosses... Love that it is hard... But a boss that can only be withstood by tanks and pallys is NOT balanced. We all want teamwork- well, teamwork is difficult when the rest of the team is dead... Add in lag, and it's comic.
    Last edited by Furrawn; 10-05-2010 at 10:32 AM.
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Dont nerf the bosses, just refine them. Infact Overlord needs more HP, but also needs to do less damage when his shield is down. This combined with ensuring his shield stays down for atleast 12 seconds would emphasize the "get out when his shield is up aspect". I said somewhere else that overlord is the closest thing we have to a raid boss. Dont nerf him.

Just cause there is one mob that people think is hard doesn't meant that one mob cants stay hard to defeat. Honestly if casuals players can beat everything but one boss thats perfectly fair to the players who want to have atleast one boss that is challenging.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Just some initial notes, as I have been too busy to play a ton yet (am up to level 47.9 ). Anyway, awesome job overall. The campaign looks great. The bosses are awesome. I am glad the difficulty was increased, but at least from my initial impressions, I think it may have gone a bit overboard in a couple of areas. It seems armor pots have gone from a fun extra to a necessary tool, and I don't think that should be the way it is. I also love that there are super-powered bosses that take strategy to beat, but the overlord in particular is a bit ridiculous. Int characters can't even be in the same room with him. Even with armor pots and buffed they get 1-shot. That is too much IMO. Can't wait til I can really dig into this thing tomorrow.
    Edit: BTW, I agree with Azrael's post above. I just think that it goes too far when Int and even Dex characters can't participate in the boss fight at all.
    Last edited by Royce; 10-05-2010 at 10:50 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Furrawn View Post
    Fluff-
    I disagree. A good team should be able to play without elixirs. That's ludicrous if the campaign has levels set to 50 when it's for 45-50. If they want to do that then they need to let us toggle an option for normal or difficult. I didn't pay 20P to have to dump all my gold into health pots (over 400) or elixirs (1) like I had to playing the campaign once yesterday. I LOVE the one- shot kills by bosses... Love that it is hard... But a boss that can only be withstood by tanks and pallys is NOT balanced. We all want teamwork- well, teamwork is difficult when the rest of the team is dead... Add in lag, and it's comic.
    OK, for this I offer you a challenge. Get a team of Level 1's together, disable experience, and defeat Skeller. It is designed for Levels 1-10.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

OK, for this I offer you a challenge. Get a team of Level 1's together, disable experience, and defeat Skeller. It is designed for Levels 1-10.
    The difference between levels 1 and 10 in terms of attributes and skills is several hundred percent, a huge change. The difference between 45 and 50 is far more insignificant.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Skeller crunch isn't designed for 1-10. There is the skeller crunch found in fathom crypt which is 20-25, and the skeller crunch found in skeller crunch returns which is 30-35.

Unless they stuck a skeller crunch boss inside forest haven...

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Skeller crunch isn't designed for 1-10. There is the skeller crunch found in fathom crypt which is 20-25, and the skeller crunch found in skeller crunch returns which is 30-35.

Unless they stuck a skeller crunch boss inside forest haven...
    Uhh, OK, I s*ck. I meant meathead. Need to go back to basics.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I don't mind the difficulty. I like it. But I refuse to stand outside the room while the tanks fight. That does not fit my definition of fun. I refuse to buy special potions in order to move to the next level. And what level 50 gear? I have not seen any, and nobody in any party I've joined has gotten any. I have to assume it exists, I saw a screen cap of Boomer with six new items. All the items I have seen have been LAME level 46 or level 48 COPIES of existing level 45 items.

I can solo Meathead with a level 4, so that doesn't work, man. He's easy is you're ranged and you kite him.
    Last edited by Snakespeare; 10-05-2010 at 11:14 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Snake all the level 50 drops I've gotten (nothing new just some Thoth and Isis stuff) dropped on the overlord's map or in the minidungeon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

OK, people are talking about needing armor pots for the overloard. Here is some math. Armor pots double your current armor (mine is around 115, 165 iron blood). So an armor pot adds 165 armor to you, or in essence, takes 165 damage off each of his shots. Now consider debuffs. Hellscream + Crushing Blow + weakness + blinding shot + shattering scream = -230 damage . That is a LOT more then the armor pot. Now you need to rotate debuffs on him when his shield is up to keep him neutered, and this is a lot harder then just chugging a pot, but with time and practice, this should work.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

But, how are all the players supposed to use their combos and skills when he one-shots the archers and mages?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

On the whole I am really impressed with the new campaign. I like the difficulty level of the mobs, and the bosses are creative and challenging. I especially like having to use real strategy, like the rings with gurgox. I just have a few comments. I don't like the fact that most of the items have been reused. If the new bosses are going to be this much harder, they should drop new items more of the time. I also think it's redundant to just increase the number of mobs. Just cause I like bigger levels does not mean I have an hour and a half at a time plus to burn attempting to complete a level with 120+ mobs. Remember, Mega Maze had that many, and Mega Maze was supposed to be, well, mega. there is no reason to have so many mobs.
    Rasuch: Lvl 45 Bow Bear (MAIN)
    Riela: Lvl 45 Paladin (for now, may switch to Thoth mage)
    Trystana: Lvl 45 Enchantress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by araziza View Post
    On the whole I am really impressed with the new campaign. I like the difficulty level of the mobs, and the bosses are creative and challenging. I especially like having to use real strategy, like the rings with gurgox. I just have a few comments. I don't like the fact that most of the items have been reused. If the new bosses are going to be this much harder, they should drop new items more of the time. I also think it's redundant to just increase the number of mobs. Just cause I like bigger levels does not mean I have an hour and a half at a time plus to burn attempting to complete a level with 120+ mobs. Remember, Mega Maze had that many, and Mega Maze was supposed to be, well, mega. there is no reason to have so many mobs.
    This is a guess here, but with AO2 they were rolling out elite weapons over time to keep the interest up, so I would assume they are doing that with AO3. Have some new weapons, but hold back on some for, or design more for better updates.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Please don't nerf anything yet. I thought the difficulty was high for level 45/46/47s, and a level 48 who tried to solo Overlord, but can we please wait until teams of level 50 run the dungeon before we decide it's too hard? Please? I didn't think the bosses, except maybe Overlord, were that difficult for a good team and that didn't even include any level 49s or 50s and no new gear. So I would like to see level 50s with new gear running it before deciding it needs fixing.