Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official Alien Oasis 3: Trials of the Overlord Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

AO3 is challenging and the teamwork aspect is surely a must. I have played and continue to play with some of you in this forum. I leveled my mage to 50 in 24hrs after the game was released. Sleep not required. It was costly but I wanted to level up so fast to actually enjoy the whole campaign. I was in a group of three tanks and an archer that required tremendous healing and reviving with or without pots. I didn't mind it at all. I've never heard so many "ty"(s) in my life. First run took us 4-5 hours and probably an hour was devoted to Overload plus our constant respawning. We were ecstatic. We're done. Now, let's do it again.

However, AO3 is soooooooooooo unfair to favor STR characters. Devs, did you plan AO3 using only your STR characters??? I love being a mage and helping every player in the game. I refuse to stand on the sideline while tanks are doing all the work trying to kill Overlord. With trash can punch, mana shield, and spamming health pots, I couldn't even enter the room to revive nor heal without being killed in less than 5 seconds. I felt so useless as a mage and mostly as a player. Our "best" reward was some crappy higher level AO2 pinks for clearing each level the way it should be played. As a mage, I'm avoiding Overlord until something changes.

Finally... yay...level 50!!! Slept and woke up to play PL again. I was invited to 90% of the game with only tanks/pallys. Where are all my pure mage friends??? Ohhhh, they are all pallys now. I was really excited to play the whole campaign again. Go figures... all they wanted to do was Rush!!! Rush!!! Rush!!! "We're farming, join us!!!"

It is truly disappointing that people who rushes just to kill the boss (for the most part) always gets the best gears/rares. This needs to be change completely. In my opinion, people who work harder to clear everything in its path and kill the boss should be rewarded more than rushers. Devs, please... I am begging you to do something about this. Otherwise, players will quickly get bored of this campaign too. As a suggestion, rare drop rates should highly increase if the dungeon is completely cleared and decrease if the only thing killed was the boss.
    Last edited by DontHateAppreciate; 10-07-2010 at 08:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DontHateAppreciate View Post
    As a suggestion, rare drop rates should highly increase if the dungeon is completely cleared and decrease if the only thing killed was the boss.
    Hey, that's a GOOD idea !
    [On a Break... Waiting for the next big update...]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

That idea has been suggested many times. There's probably some reason that haven't taken it. Perhaps they use the same function to randomize and lookup treasure for every boss. There's a separate treasure table for each boss, I'm pretty sure. There's not a separate function for the boss at the end compared to the other "mini-bosses". So, if they did add the percentage cleared calculation to that function, all the mini-bosses would drop utterly useless liquidation fodder.

That's all just guesswork, by the way...

I have been staying in the first two levels, getting XP, and I seem to see more gold the last few days. It's almost like every mummy has a dozen or two gp on it. And with all the liquidation items, I am finding that I do actually earn enough to buy the tanker's ale needed for the Keeper. Plot Holes and The Keeper are unkillable unless you have at least one tank.

I tried to move on to map 3, but it seems I am still too squishy. Everyone else my level (48) is, too. It feels like Frozen Nightmare in there, where you just die and take the walk of shame over and over. Perhaps there is a strategy, but so far, to me, map 3 is an exercise in futility. Nevertheless, it is my next project, so I guess I should start a thread about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

im working on alien oasis part I right now, but i hear part III is great. can't wait to start it!
    Xcelerator Ursan-Warrior (Lvl 41 and growing)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dizko View Post
    No nerfing.
    We all wanted harder fights and this is it. Bosses should NEVER be solo'able and not even killable by 2 people, maybe even three.
    A boss with a name like 'GALATIC OVERLORD' should be a really tough fight requiring a combination of Tanks, Healers and Damage classes along with a whole lots of teamwork and tactics.
    Some people see it as too hard but think about it, we are all slowly making our way towards 50 with crap gear in comparison to what we will have later on. Of course it's not meant to be easy.
    I agree. It is actually not that hard with the correct team.
    However the game is definately broken if the overlord can be taken down by a solo bear, with the rest doing nothing.

Hey I want to go in and help, but doing so I will be boot.

My suggestion, the overlord need to be taken down in X minutes, failing so, it will release a nuke and kill even the strongest bear with all the buffs and pots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Fantastic feedback... We are still listening, and watching, and playing. It is obviously controversial and divides the hard-core and the casual, but we'll get it worked out.
    I'm not a game designer, so no solution here. But please please do not make the same mistake like ffxiv and try to cater to both groups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wussy, we need a challenge like this quit complaining. Sorry you have to use some thought process and teamwork in AO3 instead of zerg/rush the maps like before. Thx devs, AO3 is just what we needed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It would be nice if the Rift "set bonus" included some mana regen, a very handy stat that is not included on the actual items. It's a shame, getting 4 pieces of Rift has made me poor, and I have to resort to benching my Overlord helm for a Thoth helm to do anything more than auto attack. As a tank, I pay enough in health pots, PLEASE give us mana regen on a 4 piece Rift set bonus!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

very hard campaign but good pinks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know this is a little late from the release, but I have to say that this map pack is BY FAR the best yet. between this and todays update I am very content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    FAIL! (oh man I always wanted to say that...)
    RosieODonell, Lvl 50 WarMage / Ogediah, Lvl 35 Warrior / DrPhill, Lvl 45 Archer
    (+ three others I play around with when bored)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up My Alien Oasis feedback

Well theses maps are out since a while. After 2 weeks spend on the campaing i finally decided (and has the level) to hit this mysterious desert.

So here's my feedback on Alien Oasis after the re-balance update.
    Pros:

- Globally Beautiful, level design in AO 3 is awesome and very unique.
    - Mobs and boss looks good. Special mention for black shadows and mynas king.
    - Hard and challenging. forcing players to work as a team.
    - Great loots, item quality, design, drop rate, everything is cool and balanced to me.
    - Pvp maps included, 3v3 and 5v5. Never used them, but that's nice.

Cons:

-No town.
    -Not enought quests, i like collecting stuffs, talk to npc for rewards, i miss that, plus the story is good actually, but without more quests to fills it feels kinda empty.
    -No oasis, lol. Could seems pointless to notice but, i was expecting to see an oasis inside the pyramid and a better looking water render (as the particule system is awesome.)
    -Price, 20p for AO3 is ok, but 10 for A01, hmmm..dunno

(note:The first 2 work for Croc's swamps too.)

By the way, to me its 8/10 for the price it cost right now (40 platiniums!)
    Last edited by EricB; 11-22-2010 at 11:51 AM. Reason: i was not 100% right about quests.
    /Erathic -Tank: L50 (almost full rift! :/)/ TheGrudge -Mage: L50 (finally full cosmos!)/BadFarmer - Archer: L30