Thread: What do you think it will look like?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Question What do you think it will look like?

What do you think the fire elemental pet will look like?

Name:  img20130325144906.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  31.7 KB

Duh
    AL: Tweekzcoffee | PL: Thestupidness
    AL GUIDES | Arcane & Mythic Items With Pics | Allies | Chests

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

recolored Glacian - done

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kingoburgo For This Useful Post:

Lady_Pebbles

Im more interested if it'll be an Arcane item sold exclusively for 250 plat (since its replacing Ripmaw). Like I said in that thread, we have Mythics in crates even though Ripmaw is a plat exclusive Mythic (& the first) so might as well have a plat exclusive Arcane pet. This way players can buy the pet for the achievement directly and not have to gamble for it just like Mythics.

They'll still get their money so I don't see why it would be an issue.

@Kingoburgo: Yeah probably a recored Glacian with Wrathmaw's fire all around it or something.

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 03-25-2013 at 02:12 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lady_Pebbles For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Awsome!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Ye itl just look similar to glacian

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

paint > change color to red

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I wish they had arcane weapons for plats!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zanpakuto View Post
    I wish they had arcane weapons for plats!
    Don't think many would like this at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles:1022571

Im more interested if it'll be an Arcane item sold exclusively for 250 plat (since its replacing Ripmaw). Like I said in that thread, we have Mythics in crates even though Ripmaw is a plat exclusive Mythic (& the first) so might as well have a plat exclusive Arcane pet. This way players can buy the pet for the achievement directly and not have to gamble for it just like Mythics.

They'll still get their money so I don't see why it would be an issue.

@Kingoburgo: Yeah probably a recored Glacian with Wrathmaw's fire all around it or something.

But we already have a few arcanes for a flat rate, 15 plat that you have to pay about 400 times to maybe get one.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Lady_Pebbles

Yep, it looks like the Glacial pet but red and red flame thingies. The stats are also really nice at lvl26. Would be awesome with my Mage but for me its kinda a waste if its not an Arcane pet... Samhayne says its gonna be a Mythic (replacing Ripmaw)... :\

Thread posted by Samhayne in the Insiders forum I believe. Has pics and all.

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy:1022826
    But we already have a few arcanes for a flat rate, 15 plat that you have to pay about 400 times to maybe get one.

Thats not a flat rate. Thats a flat gamble. A flat rate to me is buying it for a set amount and guaranteed the item not a chance at an item every time you purchase it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles:1022834
    Thats not a flat rate. Thats a flat gamble. A flat rate to me is buying it for a set amount and guaranteed the item not a chance at an item every time you purchase it.

That would be the joke.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy:1022845
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles:1022834

That would be the joke.

Well then the joke's on you buddy... Cuz we already have Ripmaw as a Mythic bought for a flat price -and- Mythic items in crates. They can do the same with Arcane items. A limited edition plat only Arcane pet for a limited time while still having the Arcane items we already got in the crates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles:1022857

Well then the joke's on you buddy... Cuz we already have Ripmaw as a Mythic bought for a flat price -and- Mythic items in crates. They can do the same with Arcane items. A limited edition plat only Arcane pet for a limited time while still having the Arcane items we already got in the crates.

*facepalm* i'm not gonna bother explaining it.

My opinion on the subject is the same as yours. Would be cool? Yes. Would it make sense? Yes. However, do I think they will give up such a cash cow? Frankly I think pigs are more likely to sprout wings and start wistling dixie.

Even if they were to do it, I'm inclined to think it would be some overpriced event item without the stats to rightfully own up to its rarity.

Down With the Rep

Lady_Pebbles

*palmforeheadsmh*

Its basicly the same thing as what I just said... They won't lose moola over it. Especially when more Arcanes are available through the crates. The Arcane weapons for example, still in crates. Arcane pets Hammerjaw & Glacian pets... Still in crates. Mythic helms still in crates... Ripmaw, replaced by Slag... Both Mythics. Soooo why not an Arcane pet doing the same? Hell even make Slag an Arcane pet instead of Mythic. Even more moola towards crates cuz then its the only way to get a Mythic type item.

Like I said, they'll still get hella moola through the crates -and- through that exclusive limited edition plat Arcane pet. Just gives us another option to get a pet of that rarity without having to gamble.

I really don't see a big issue there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I posted this in another thread:

Judging by this post, I would say since Slag will be for plat, it will be Mythic. And I wouldn't expect that to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Before a rumor gets to spread there is no way under any circumstances that a Mythic purchase only pet is currently planned to become a drop after being a plat exclusive. We have a system wherein Mythic Pets have been defined as plat exclusive, and Arcane pets are extremely rare drops in locked Crates. This should be consistent moving forward into future content.

Legendary and Epic pets are in a gray area as they are all available through a multitude of areas. Nexus is by no means a common drop, and we have numerous pets that are purchasable with plat in addition to being farmed. Nexus has joined the other pets in that category.

If you feel the Nexus situation has treated you unfairly please contact our customer support and begin a dialogue with them, they may be able to help you out.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Nice stats, it is definitely a pet for rogue. 250plat or 25 Dollars, enjoy dudes!
    Need Arcane pet in token store too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

*palmforeheadsmh*

Its basicly the same thing as what I just said... They won't lose moola over it. Especially when more Arcanes are available through the crates. The Arcane weapons for example, still in crates. Arcane pets Hammerjaw & Glacian pets... Still in crates. Mythic helms still in crates... Ripmaw, replaced by Slag... Both Mythics. Soooo why not an Arcane pet doing the same? Hell even make Slag an Arcane pet instead of Mythic. Even more moola towards crates cuz then its the only way to get a Mythic type item.

Like I said, they'll still get hella moola through the crates -and- through that exclusive limited edition plat Arcane pet. Just gives us another option to get a pet of that rarity without having to gamble.

I really don't see a big issue there.

But that's the whole point of Arcane; it's rare and you can only get it from locked chest or gold elite chest (Hooks). If they charge a flat rate for an Arcane pet, then there is no reason to separate Arcane and Mythic.

Also, people who spent millions on locked chest and got the Arcane achievement will be pissed if they change now. Not to mention, they might get immediate revenue from the flat rate Arcane pet, but this will probably lower their long term revenue because less people will open locked chest now that they can just pay a flat rate to get the achievement. I can see they MIGHT do this in the future when they are ramping down on AL; might as well just milk as much money as they can from it, but I don't think it's the right move to do now financially when the game is still relatively young.

If you want the Arcane achievement so bad, maybe you can try elite gold pirate chest. They've come down so much in price now in AH. And you can always farm for them if you don't have the money.