Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Kettle versus Slag stat comparison

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Default Kettle versus Slag stat comparison

Kettle gives 15 dex, 15 int, 15 str and 10 damage. So the difference in kettle and the new mythic pet is 2 more damage, 10 movement speed and 5 less str. Kettle's arcane ability adds 12 movement speed. So the only difference is slag's arcane damage and it has 5 less str.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

This ^^

First set of stats was awesome and was ready to buy 2 $89.99 for my 2 account to get one each and have extra plat for new expansion but the new changes i also changed my mind lol StS saved me some money bec of their decision =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I ran out of thanks... again.

I agree 100% with the fact that the planned stats for this new 'Mythic' pet are currently average at best. I posted my thoughts about it in the announcement thread.

Maybe it's a good idea to copy your post into the announcement thread too. It can possibly help STS understand why people are so underwhelmed with the currently announced stats.

I basically suggested 20str/dex/int instead of the current 10/15/15.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Slag the Fire Elemental's Arcane Ability also has a chance to panic enemies and is pretty solid aoe damage. Just throwing that out there as well. The design team is trying to keep things interesting without throwing out balance with the kitchen sink. We'll see how interested people are with Slag when he goes on sale.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Don't forget that ripmaw is pretty much just flapjack as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

And we love us some rip...im curious about the aoe damage....is it better than wyatts aoe?
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

So this was taken here!!
    Kettle is good!! Smurfinas main pet before was ketts!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Speaking of panic. What does that actually do? Maybe up until now I've just missed it. This is the first time I've heard it mentioned.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Speaking of panic. What does that actually do? Maybe up until now I've just missed it. This is the first time I've heard it mentioned.
    You aren' t the only one.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

It's basically what Clyde does. Plus a fire nuke apparently. It's passive attack is pretty nice too...although its still kind of a kettle clone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Slag the Fire Elemental's Arcane Ability also has a chance to panic enemies and is pretty solid aoe damage. Just throwing that out there as well. The design team is trying to keep things interesting without throwing out balance with the kitchen sink. We'll see how interested people are with Slag when he goes on sale.
    Would it hurt to make its str/dex/int stats 20/20/20? At least it would be better without having to count on its arcane ability with its fairly long cooldown. It's a new pet after all and it's mythic, wouldn't it be fair to have just slightly buffed stats as compared to already existing ones? Kettle is already very similar in stats and malison gives 20/20/20 + 5crit. So, arcane abilities aside, 20/20/20 stats on the new pet doesn't sound unreasonable does it?

20/20/20 also has the advantage of it becoming truly useful for every class equally, and wouldn't mean a 'completely OP' difference in stats compared to existing pets.

Furthermore, there's this new cap coming where int/dex/str points will mean less because of our naturally/gear added stats. If this pet is supposed to be a preview of some sorts for the next cap, wouldn't it make sense it had buffed stats, even if it was only very minimal?

All the reasons above make me firmly believe that 20/20/20 str/dex/int would make the pet be more useful for any class, without making it OP, only driving sales of it up.

Doesn't that sound like a win-win?

Of course, this is all my opinion about it. I would like to hear what other people think about this too

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I would love to see the 10% damage increase changed to a 15% damage increase so it would be on par with flap jack and just leave the stats as they are. I think the extra 5% damage would go a long way in making it a elite pet without it being over powered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Would it hurt to make its str/dex/int stats 20/20/20? At least it would be better without having to count on its arcane ability with its fairly long cooldown. It's a new pet after all and it's mythic, wouldn't it be fair to have just slightly buffed stats as compared to already existing ones? Kettle is already very similar in stats and malison gives 20/20/20 + 5crit. So, arcane abilities aside, 20/20/20 stats on the new pet doesn't sound unreasonable does it?

20/20/20 also has the advantage of it becoming truly useful for every class equally, and wouldn't mean a 'completely OP' difference in stats compared to existing pets.

Furthermore, there's this new cap coming where int/dex/str points will mean less because of our naturally/gear added stats. If this pet is supposed to be a preview of some sorts for the next cap, wouldn't it make sense it had buffed stats, even if it was only very minimal?

All the reasons above make me firmly believe that 20/20/20 str/dex/int would make the pet be more useful for any class, without making it OP, only driving sales of it up.

Doesn't that sound like a win-win?

Of course, this is all my opinion about it. I would like to hear what other people think about this too

Agreed. I'll always be safe piggy backing you (went over board in my last post on this topic).
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #14
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sonvolt View Post
    I would love to see the 10% damage increase changed to a 15% damage increase so it would be on par with flap jack and just leave the stats as they are. I think the extra 5% damage would go a long way in making it a elite pet without it being over powered.
    Flap Jack does not provide additional stats on top of the damage benefit. Keep in mind that with the changes to Dex and Int etc for other characters the stat points also account for additional damage that's missing as an explicit bonus. In addition the crit and bonus damage modifiers associated with these stats.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Natrich View Post
    It's basically what Clyde does. Plus a fire nuke apparently. It's passive attack is pretty nice too...although its still kind of a kettle clone
    Didnt buy clyde, so I'm not sure what he does either.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Didnt buy clyde, so I'm not sure what he does either.
    Surely you've seen someone use it before? Well its sort of an equivalent to stunning.

18.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #17
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Natrich View Post
    Surely you've seen someone use it before? Well its sort of an equivalent to stunning.
    That works on a boss in a lot of cases

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Thanks Carapace for the response, I understand that slag right now will be better than flap-jack. I was just saying that the extra 5% damage would change it from being just a little bit better than some existing pets, to being a good bit better and being worth the plat without being over powered. Just my thoughts, I dont know the game mechanics the way the devs do so I will trust that they will make the right moves in regards to the stats on slag.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Flap Jack does not provide additional stats on top of the damage benefit. Keep in mind that with the changes to Dex and Int etc for other characters the stat points also account for additional damage that's missing as an explicit bonus. In addition the crit and bonus damage modifiers associated with these stats.
    And how about my suggestion with the 20/20/20 stats? Wouldn't that be a fair and balanced compromise?

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Clyde is awesome his stun does, as Carapace said, works on bosses, and at a surprisingly high rate I might add.