Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Money rich based game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Default Money rich based game?

I think the game is starting to get to expensive.

1700 plat = $89.99
    If you turn this into gold which 1000 plat = 1mill gold and then you will have 700 plat left to make it 1.5 mill gold you still wouldnt be able to afford top notch things in the game. Thats just terrible.
    175 plat = $20
    Ripmaw cost 250 and the new fire element pet will to so if you bought 175 plat for $20 you still wouldnt be able to afford it that is crazy $20+ for a pet you cant keep in real life ? My opioin though what yall think ? I think the game is getting to be for rich people!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Arcanee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Uhmmm. Its Good, Because this game is exciting. But this cost with real money your right too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Exactly the game is so exciting but who came up with the prices ? I am middle class so ya know im in between as I think most people are middle class $89.99 I got $200 shoes like my hyperposites and zoom rookies You think im about to pay $89.99 for something thats going to waste no way!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Arcanee For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader Genuinous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

I do not think you should be looking at turning real money into gold. If you do that, it is clearly a way to get around the hard part of the game, where you have to farm or merch in order to get gold. Thus you should pay a lot more.

I wish though, that mythic pets were farmable or available outside of such a high price range, but then STS gotta make profit. Look at the rate expansions and new content is coming out, it's not like they are not working for your money :P And then you don't actually need to use plat to be successful (certainly helps)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Genuinous For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Genuinous View Post
    I do not think you should be looking at turning real money into gold. If you do that, it is clearly a way to get around the hard part of the game, where you have to farm or merch in order to get gold. Thus you should pay a lot more.

I wish though, that mythic pets were farmable or available outside of such a high price range, but then STS gotta make profit. Look at the rate expansions and new content is coming out, it's not like they are not working for your money :P And then you don't actually need to use plat to be successful (certainly helps)
    But the issue Genuinous is that you can farm for MONTHS and not get ANYTHING of value, so you lose TONS of gold on pots and feeding your pets so at some point you HAVE to buy some gold even 25k to stay alive and keep farming for something you'll never get imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Developers making this game. Designers making this game. We play, we pay. That's how they feed their family and make money. Enough of whining now. I'd support them if I were you.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mysticaleagle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaleagle View Post
    Developers making this game. Designers making this game. We play, we pay. That's how they feed their family and make money. Enough of whining now. I'd support them if I were you.
    Mystical quit trolling the thread, it is a valid point that the game is monetarily driven to the point that it is out of control.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Genuinous View Post

Well naw you dont have to use plat to be succesful but imagine players cant get on the lb for ap if they cant get the ach for mythic item and the only way you can get that is using plat or get it to drop out of a elite golden chest which cost a ton of pots and gold to farm for to!!!
    Last edited by Arcanee; 03-27-2013 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Ima boss

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jackyll View Post
    Mystical quit trolling the thread, it is a valid point that the game is monetarily driven to the point that it is out of control.
    I am not trolling. A thread is made to receive posts, opinions and points of view. Ain't happy about it? Deal with it. You got my point of view, which is the prices are normal. They make money like this and need it. Need it to create more content, to make you play for free and to make what you're whining for. Be responsible and view it as a Designer or Developer.

Remember, you won't always receive agreements. Don't just give false accusations if the post doesn't apply to your wishes.

Lady_Pebbles

Yeah the game is way too expensive. I spent 50 bucks once for 600 plat and now Im like.. Pfft nurr. Way too much to keep up with their prices. Even at 40% off it still expensive.

These prices are crazy during a recession..

Aint we still in a recession in the Us?!?!
    Hell I've always been in a recession, welcome new people. Welcome to livin' in the 'hood/slums/ghetto/barrio/whatever-word-yall-use-these-days. XD

Seriously though, its over the top lately with these crates & thats part of the reason why lots of my friends left the games.

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 03-27-2013 at 06:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaleagle View Post
    I am not trolling. A thread is made to receive posts, opinions and points of view. Ain't happy about it? Deal with it. You got my point of view, which is the prices are normal. They make money like this and need it. Need it to create more content, to make you play for free and to make what you're whining for. Be responsible and view it as a Designer or Developer.

Remember, you won't always receive agreements. Don't just give false accusations if the post doesn't apply to your wishes.
    You not looking from our perspective Theres more middle class gamers than any others class !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

LOL! You do not NEED top gear. You do not NEED to be on the LB. You can have a great time without spending any money at all. It is something inside you that wants top gear, that wants to be on the LB. If you have an issue it is with that thing inside that wants to be cool. If being cool is important, spend the money. If you don't want to spend the money, tell your desire to be cool to shut itself off.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Snakespeare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I believe that if they lower the prices for each plats.. more people would pay.. and therefore.. if you do the math, they might actually get more money
    than theyre getting right now..
    because people would be like oh okay only 5 bucks for 100 plats.. theyd keep buying every now and then but when people look at $10 for 75 plats.. it seems overwhelming that
    most people dont even buy..

TO summarize it all, if they really wanna make money they should lower the price down because MORE people would buy MORE often, I support STS and i understand this is how they make money

e.g
    $10 for 200 plats = 5 people would buy =$50 they earn yay
    $20 for 175 plats = 1/5 or 2/5 ppl would buy = $20-$40 they earn boo - you get the math
    Last edited by MissyJoyx; 03-27-2013 at 06:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    LOL! You do not NEED top gear. You do not NEED to be on the LB. You can have a great time without spending any money at all. It is something inside you that wants top gear, that wants to be on the LB. If you have an issue it is with that thing inside that wants to be cool. If being cool is important, spend the money. If you don't want to spend the money, tell your desire to be cool to shut itself off.
    True but pvp not playable if you dont have at least one top gear or near top gear no ones gonna play pve every day thats VERY boring just saying!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

I agree with both sides.
    MysticalEagle has a point...the employees need money to feed their families, and this is how it works..
    Player To Sts To Employees that help create the game To their families.
    I also agree that the prices are way too high but then again, just don't buy plat?
    Anyways...your money, your choice. Spend it wisely.
    -Skull out.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SkullCrusher For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    This. THIS.

Remember: The game is FULLY free to play. If you buy platinum, you're aware of it's price, so don't come to complain about it then.
    And no, I ain't trolling. Lmao.

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by MissyJoyx:1025849
    I believe that if they lower the prices for each plats.. more people would pay.. and therefore.. if you do the math, they might actually get more money
    than theyre getting right now..
    because people would be like oh okay only 5 bucks for 100 plats.. theyd keep buying every now and then but when people look at $10 for 75 plats.. it seems overwhelming that
    most people dont even buy..

TO summarize it all, if they really wanna make money they should lower the price down because MORE people would buy MORE often, I support STS and i understand this is how they make money

e.g
    $10 for 200 plats = 5 people would buy =$50 they earn yay
    $20 for 175 plats = 1/5 or 2/5 ppl would buy = $20-$40 they earn boo - you get the math

Making plat more affordable for players might actually be a good idea. Still would be nice to get droppable pets of the same Mythic and Arcane rarity types too.

]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Mystical you still looking from your perspective ok if its free and all blah blah blah they are basically making all the mythic arcane & other items for rich people and are not making any thing for us ? So I guess the game is not for us?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanee View Post
    Mystical you still looking from your perspective ok if its free and all blah blah blah they are basically making all the mythic arcane & other items for rich people and are not making any thing for us ? So I guess the game is not for us?
    Ok, is it me or are you completely stuck on your thought? You simply don't get my point, and want to keep arguing about it. I have nothing else to say here, I gave my opinion to the OP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Mhmm