Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I don't like that I can't get the best items without some investment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

I hate to do this and offend anyone, but I really think that the game is fine the way it is. It's understandable that some players simply can't get the plat you need to make the game easier or go by faster. So it seems unfair, but the reality is - the game is playable and enjoyable without ever having to spend a dime. I've spent a few dollars on plat and it helps me enjoy the game. I have vanity and epic/legendary items because of plat, but a lot of the better items i've come across were from getting lucky on a run. If you play the game, you will find items.

And yes, platinum can speed up that process and help you get the items that may take you 2 weeks to find farming. But so what? The game is free in the app store, the maps are free, every feature is available, almost all items are available, it's just as much fun - all without having to spend a dime.

I'm not saying I don't agree with some of the things said in this thread, but I'm just saying. I think the game is just fine, and that's not because I can buy the plat. It's because it's a great game overall, with or without paying extra money.
    PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Navygreen For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Navygreen View Post
    I hate to do this and offend anyone, but I really think that the game is fine the way it is. It's understandable that some players simply can't get the plat you need to make the game easier or go by faster. So it seems unfair, but the reality is - the game is playable and enjoyable without ever having to spend a dime. I've spent a few dollars on plat and it helps me enjoy the game. I have vanity and epic/legendary items because of plat, but a lot of the better items i've come across were from getting lucky on a run. If you play the game, you will find items.

And yes, platinum can speed up that process and help you get the items that may take you 2 weeks to find farming. But so what? The game is free in the app store, the maps are free, every feature is available, almost all items are available, it's just as much fun - all without having to spend a dime.

I'm not saying I don't agree with some of the things said in this thread, but I'm just saying. I think the game is just fine, and that's not because I can buy the plat. It's because it's a great game overall, with or without paying extra money.
    The whole point is there is really no point to pkat cept vanities and slag.... any other items can be had by subjective who spends no money. .
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    The whole point is there is really no point to pkat cept vanities and slag.... any other items can be had by subjective who spends no money. .
    Just catching up on the AL forums so I'm new to these threads, but like I said I can understand some things. To me though, there's a point to plat because plat helps me get the things that I want/need. That's the point to me. The point is also that I like the vanity items, I think they look cool. I also enjoy the 500 health pots for 7 plat deal, as I like to spam pots. I can get extra auction slots or more stash space, elixrs... Hey, I died the other day at a boss that was almost dead and my plat let me spawn right back where I died so I can still complete my quest!

I'm just saying, nobody can speak for everybody. There's certainly a point to plat being in the game, other than vanities. But no worries, if you can't buy plat then just grind your way to the promise land I guess lol.
    Last edited by Navygreen; 03-30-2013 at 01:24 PM.
    PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)