Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I don't like that I can't get the best items without some investment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Navygreen View Post
    I hate to do this and offend anyone, but I really think that the game is fine the way it is. It's understandable that some players simply can't get the plat you need to make the game easier or go by faster. So it seems unfair, but the reality is - the game is playable and enjoyable without ever having to spend a dime. I've spent a few dollars on plat and it helps me enjoy the game. I have vanity and epic/legendary items because of plat, but a lot of the better items i've come across were from getting lucky on a run. If you play the game, you will find items.

And yes, platinum can speed up that process and help you get the items that may take you 2 weeks to find farming. But so what? The game is free in the app store, the maps are free, every feature is available, almost all items are available, it's just as much fun - all without having to spend a dime.

I'm not saying I don't agree with some of the things said in this thread, but I'm just saying. I think the game is just fine, and that's not because I can buy the plat. It's because it's a great game overall, with or without paying extra money.
    The whole point is there is really no point to pkat cept vanities and slag.... any other items can be had by subjective who spends no money. .
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    The whole point is there is really no point to pkat cept vanities and slag.... any other items can be had by subjective who spends no money. .
    Just catching up on the AL forums so I'm new to these threads, but like I said I can understand some things. To me though, there's a point to plat because plat helps me get the things that I want/need. That's the point to me. The point is also that I like the vanity items, I think they look cool. I also enjoy the 500 health pots for 7 plat deal, as I like to spam pots. I can get extra auction slots or more stash space, elixrs... Hey, I died the other day at a boss that was almost dead and my plat let me spawn right back where I died so I can still complete my quest!

I'm just saying, nobody can speak for everybody. There's certainly a point to plat being in the game, other than vanities. But no worries, if you can't buy plat then just grind your way to the promise land I guess lol.
    Last edited by Navygreen; 03-30-2013 at 01:24 PM.
    PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default I don't like that I can't get the best items without some investment

I see a lot of crying. If you don't like it, don't play. I'm sure STS will survive without you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sc0tt nai1z View Post
    I'm sure STS will survive without you
    Did you mean ''STS couldn't survive without you''? Yes, you are right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default I don't like that I can't get the best items without some investment

No I meant without the criers. I'm sure others will still play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    Many people say they will quit if they had to pay $5 a month subscription fee. I say if you aren't spending $5 a month in plat already then you aren't contributing anything financially to the game so having you quit wouldn't affect the bottom line at all.
    Totally agree :thumbup:
    People that NEVER spend money on the game should never have the same rights that the payers have

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    Many people say they will quit if they had to pay $5 a month subscription fee. I say if you aren't spending $5 a month in plat already then you aren't contributing anything financially to the game so having you quit wouldn't affect the bottom line at all.
    Really? I haven't paid thousands like others, but I have paid a good amount, but I CERTAINLY would leave if they made subscriptions.

- Lala out

Duh
    AL: Tweekzcoffee | PL: Thestupidness
    AL GUIDES | Arcane & Mythic Items With Pics | Allies | Chests

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I don't mind the F2P model. Some game companies do it rather well. This game IS good and IS worth your money. However I don't think players should be able to gamble on gear/pets or other stat altering items. With the amount of players this game alone has I find it hard to believe they have to resort to allowing you to essentially buy power. I don't mind buying vanities, and I certainly wouldn't mind if they wanted you to gamble on vanities either. These things are -worth- my money. Trying to gamble on gear is not. I've played to many F2P Asian mmos to see where that leads.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I know right... In pocket legends I can at least farm the lvls faster because they don't have millions of life. They also either drop the item or not: not chest then you have to be lucky in the chest too. In pocket legends I can make 100k in a few days... In arcane I have only broken 100k 1 time for selling a heraldic set. The game is getting to the point where it is pointless to play because u can't get money. And when you get money you have to spend it on pots and pets.
    Battle Dragons: BoNeZ1699
    Other StS games: pm for the names if you want them. I rarely play them nowadays

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

What really bothers me is not that we have to spend plats to buy pets and open chest,
    (I think spend money on a game is the best way to show respect to developers.) but that what I bought with plats becomes a crap.

I mean, I used 2000 plats to buy best equips for me and for my wife at lv21. And lvl cap move up to 26, all we bought became 1/100 price..and when lv31 cap, I am sure it will happen again..
    And also used over1000 plats to open chests, the best (most expensive) item was captain axe potency... feels like wasting money on gambling.
    What really worthy is pets only.(but better pets are coming too, which means I have to get it again to catch up....now so many stun pets are purchasable. And it obviously makes you stronger in pvp. )

I know someone would say 'why do you have to have all best gear? Just have fun.'
    Well, first time, I thought lv21 is permanent lvl cap so I spend so much on it. And now I am not trying to max out my stat to save money, but when you see someone who has 100 stats better than you in every field; health, mana, armor, dps, and even better crit/dodge. (Seriously. It was a rogue. And mines are not bad at all. All lv26.) and she kills everyone in pvp.... and it makes me think about my gears again..

So getting more lvls is kind of annoying after all for me, and getting craps from pink chest as well.
    I said somewhere same thing, I hope pink box to be real rare too, and has better rate of better loot. So I don't feel like wasting money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mstj View Post
    What really bothers me is not that we have to spend plats to buy pets and open chest,
    (I think spend money on a game is the best way to show respect to developers.) but that what I bought with plats becomes a crap.

I mean, I used 2000 plats to buy best equips for me and for my wife at lv21. And lvl cap move up to 26, all we bought became 1/100 price..and when lv31 cap, I am sure it will happen again..
    And also used over1000 plats to open chests, the best (most expensive) item was captain axe potency... feels like wasting money on gambling.
    What really worthy is pets only.(but better pets are coming too, which means I have to get it again to catch up....now so many stun pets are purchasable. And it obviously makes you stronger in pvp. )

I know someone would say 'why do you have to have all best gear? Just have fun.'
    Well, first time, I thought lv21 is permanent lvl cap so I spend so much on it. And now I am not trying to max out my stat to save money, but when you see someone who has 100 stats better than you in every field; health, mana, armor, dps, and even better crit/dodge. (Seriously. It was a rogue. And mines are not bad at all. All lv26.) and she kills everyone in pvp.... and it makes me think about my gears again..

So getting more lvls is kind of annoying after all for me, and getting craps from pink chest as well.
    I said somewhere same thing, I hope pink box to be real rare too, and has better rate of better loot. So I don't feel like wasting money.
    Heres the issue with platinum
    what it gets you:
    *level faster with elixers (can be had for free through two daily elixers)
    *Gets you items and weapons faster (can be had in auction, for very low price)
    *gets you vanities (yay an actual pro!!! )
    *gets you pets (most can be bought through crates, drops, or auction, minus slag, YAY one pet!!)
    *gets you to waste your money on crap items in locked chest that dont sell for crap in auction becasue EVERYONE HAS THEM)
    *gives you the very first weapons at any cap (worst items are platinum ?? huh??, golden chests and elite golden chests have better items, again can be had FOR FREE)

you see the trend here... platinum gets you zilch... maybe a few cool vanities (i love my santa outfit) , but since when do platinum weapons become the worst weapons?? they have been the best weapons in PL, in SL, and now they suddenly drop to worthless. Everything else can be had for free.. if you want slag, get kettle, its pretty much the same damn pet... slag was supposed to increase damage, i still do more damage with hazel, and hazel is terrible...I mean seriously just kick it wait for prices to go down after a few weeks, you get same items, spend zero money to not support sts and their poor customer service and poor loyalty to its best financial supporters...its a win win, you save yoru money, you get the same exact items for those that do spend their money.... you cant go wrong... spend $9.99 to get vanities and your set... I just remeber my bad *** guns in SL that could only be had throuhg plaitnum, and everyone wanted it why?? cause it was BEST weapon, and guess what?? people spend platinum to get it... thers your income sts.....
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

so from my understanding darko you wish platinum items to have the best stats & be exclusive to platinum buyers?

But here's the problem, it will create a huge imbalance and make many free players quit or discourage new players right from the start.
    Luck will no longer be a factor as those who can put the most money in their pockets wins.
    No mmo game should ever favor those who are more willing to spend money in game period.

I don't like crates myself but i've yet to spend a dime on crates. No one forces you to gamble and you don't have to gamble to have the best gear. There's alternatives to arcane pets if that's what you were going for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    While I can see your point, wvhills, it has been shown with numerous examples that the free-to-play business model is generally more interesting than the subscription model.

Mcbain - that probably wasn't the most friendly of posts. Thanks for keeping it friendly in the future.
    I haven't played in months and have gone on to Conquer Online iPad version. I do suggest a VIP model for those people who are willing to pay a certain amount of plat month to month to get certain perks. VIP wouldn't be a subscription as it is not a subscription in other MMO's that have a similar feature.

People who want to keep VIP status, would make sure their VIP balance is a certain number or they will lose VIP status. Perks could be far better items than the current companions provide on a daily basis to everyone including those who don't spend a dime on plat purchase.

Just my .02

If something like this were actually added to AL, I would probably rejoin but as of now, I can only hope problems will be handled and rectified.

Gold iPad Air 2 Mini 64GB Wifi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    Luck will no longer be a factor as those who can put the most money in their pockets wins.
    No mmo game should ever favor those who are more willing to spend money in game period.
    Weren't you the one suggesting more platinum based achievements and that the leaderboards should be favoured to the ones spending lots of platinums?
    Last edited by Mysticaleagle; 04-03-2013 at 05:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

What great did you buy at 21 that cost 2000 plat???

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Maybe he ment that he converted 2000 platinums into 2 million gold, but that would still be pretty useless IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    so from my understanding darko you wish platinum items to have the best stats & be exclusive to platinum buyers?

But here's the problem, it will create a huge imbalance and make many free players quit or discourage new players right from the start.

I don't like crates myself but i've yet to spend a dime on crates. No one forces you to gamble and you don't have to gamble to have the best gear. There's alternatives to arcane pets if that's what you were going for.
    There could be a balance, make an end game weapon in platinum, make an end game weapon in drops........not saying best equip is ONLY pkatinum but should plat equip be the worst???, and imo cratw a need more variety. . The same weapons over and over again, I mean really.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

They were demonlord will sets and dark potency, with best ring and necklace (don't remember name. Me and for my wife, so two sets. And of course some pets, like malisons.
    At the time, demonlord costed about 300k/600k.

I guess people have different opinions. =)
    What I don't like is that I have to spend my money on luck-based chest which is pink box to get the best item.. well. Some people like it that way. But I don't. I would like to get something worthy as much as I pay.
    If glacian and mythic helm costed 1000 plats, and if I did want them, I would rather buy it spending 1000 plats than open 100 chest to see if I am lucky.
    I hope my purchase to have it's value.
    And lvl cap ruins it. Like I said I thought lv21 was permanent cap, so spend so much money on there to play elite and pvp better. But now it's gone and I need to do it again. (And I didn't this time.)

And this is why +20 of my guild members left this game and I have to close my guild. They got frustrated that they have to lvling again and what they bought became worthless.

And i think people who spend more money should enjoy more benefits. That's the Sts' business, and how we support them while have more fun. I don't understand why people say it is not supposed to be.
    Of course STS have to make the game playable and enjoyable without them too, which means elite golden chest should give same opportunities to get those items and provide good basic pets and items to use.

You don't want to spend money, farm chest and be lucky.
    But why I have to be lucky while I spend my money too? This is my point.
    I am not buying an item, but I have to buy a chance to get an item. Feels like gambling.

(I know right now pink box is easier to get than elite golden. And that's why I have to be lucky. So I want this box to be real rare and give better loot as we have to spend money on it.)
    Last edited by Excuses; 04-03-2013 at 10:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

They were demonlord will sets and dark potency, with best ring and necklace (don't remember name. Me and for my wife, so two sets. And of course some pets, like malisons.
    At the time, demonlord costed about 300k/600k.
    Oh you made it sounds as if you HAVE to spend plat. I equipped two toons at end game with those sets and didn't spend any plat to do it.

So, looking at it from another perspective, you did get benefits from spending plat. You had to do little to no work to get your sets, while I farmed for mine.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Oh you made it sounds as if you HAVE to spend plat. I equipped two toons at end game with those sets and didn't spend any plat to do it.

So, looking at it from another perspective, you did get benefits from spending plat. You had to do little to no work to get your sets, while I farmed for mine.
    Yes I did spend money.

And that's the benefit of spending money.
    You had to farm, but I didn't have to.
    And I gift my wife the best set to play with. So she didn't have waste time to farm, but have just fun.
    Some people enjoy farming, we don't.
    I would rather play pvp or finish quests and achievements.

It's just because what people think better is different.
    Last edited by Excuses; 04-03-2013 at 10:47 AM.