Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I don't like that I can't get the best items without some investment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I certainly won't pay a subscription fee. If that happened, I'd be gone in a heartbeat, not even a second thought. I've supported STS over the years by buying plat occasionally. Sure, maybe not nearly as much as some players do, but enough IMO. One of the main reasons I like these games is that I can spend money when and on what I choose. Or not spend money. Honestly, I have enough expenses as it is. I'm not about to be charged $5-10 a month after I've already spent what I feel is a fair amount.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

2. The Following User Says Thank You to McBain For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

^True.
    O&C had a monthly payment of $10 or so.
    It was SO annoying, tons of players quit, until now. They removed the monthly subscription and some players have come back.
    But I definitely agree with McBain, I would be gone in a flash if the monthly subscriptions were on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I've been playing daily since the beginning. I don't post here often but when I saw your thread Jackyll I thought I had to say: I couldn't agree more. I think STS is definitely going the wrong way.

A simple pet for the price of 2 or 3 months playing a monthly fee game..? It doesn't seem right...
    Making players gamble their real money..? That sounds insane... I know lots of friends who are so frustrated because they actually never got anything from crates. Though they spent hundreds or even thousand dollars !!! Of course nobody forced them, but I can just imagine how frustrating that can be. Crates are the biggest mistake STS made imo... They were the beginning of the end indeed.
    Plats are incredibly expensive... Way more ppl would be able to afford plats if they were say 5 times cheaper and i'm pretty sure STS would make more money than they actually make.
    Making pinks drop directly from bosses seemed to be a good idea but... it's close to impossible to loot a pink without a luck lix. I could bet that sooner or later the best elite pinks won't be in chests... Of course we dont "need" the best gears. But I've played many MMOs and I can tell 90% of players try to get the best gears, that's part of the fun. But what will happen if getting best gears is unreachable without buying plats constantly? The answer is simple: most of players will just quit (not to say ragequit).
    I could pay a monthly fee, but not for a game with such poor content. AL is so repetitive and i'm afraid next expansions won't change anything.
    There are sooooo many things to mention that need to change (not only plats) and I don't feel like writing a novel. And I'd be repeating what tons of players already said. STS know. They just seem to ignore the community. That's sad...

I'm not really having fun anymore playing AL. I log on way less than before. PvE is boring. PvP is boring. I just chat ingame, when my friends are online... But I see them quit almost daily. And the ones who remain complain about AL constantly. I don't feel like leaving them but it seems like my next step is quitting too... It will take more than same old mobs with a scarf instead of a jellyfish on their heads to make me stay...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

The only thing that I really agree with here is the stuff about the elite maps but that might even be a stretch too. It might be, too, that it seems drop rates are lower because of the longer time it takes to complete an elite map now.

And about the locked crates: I understand where everyone is coming from about locked crates, but this game is very managable without opening locked crates. I've only opened one which was when they were first released just to see what it's like. Do you guys really think that it's worth it to spend hundreds (maybe even thousands) of dollars to have an extremely slim chance at receiving a really good wep or uber rare pets (which i personally think aren't that great stats wise)?

I've never spent any money on this game. All my plat has come from offers but I don't even use too much of that plat because I simply don't need to. I can still play the game and still be relatively successful (at least from my point of view) without spending tons of plat.

Some of you may disagree, but that's just my opinion.
    Jcyee: 76 PL Bear | 41 AL Warrior | 36 DL Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SkullCrusher View Post
    ^True.
    O&C had a monthly payment of $10 or so.
    It was SO annoying, tons of players quit, until now. They removed the monthly subscription and some players have come back.
    But I definitely agree with McBain, I would be gone in a flash if the monthly subscriptions were on.
    OAC's sub was 99cents a month.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

This same conversation over and over is getting very tiresome. Here's what happened.... In season 1 everyone complained that it was too hard to get pinks and that they were too expensive. So STS added the crates and increased the amount of pinks in the chests. So everyone who opens a crate gets a pink. Wonderful! Now everyone should be happy!! NOT!!

What's the problem then? Well now they complain that these are not GOOD pinks. No? Stats look pretty good? Yes, they do. What's the problem then? Well the price is too low. They are worthless. Why is that? Well, they are very common and there are a million of them in the auction. Why? Because everyone opening a chest gets one!! That's why!

So now you we are going full circle. Now nobody cares about pinks anymore since they are no longer good. Pinks now are like purples from season 1. Now we all want mythic and arcane items. They are too expensive. So we want them to be easier to get. So will STS increase the drop rate on those too? Let's suppose they do. Maybe 1 in 10 crates will have one. Then they will be common and there will be a million in the auction and all will be worth 1k. Then what?

Maybe then STS can come out with the new super rare dark pink "elite" items just like they have in PL. And those will be even rarer than mythic and arcane. And then everyone can complain that those too are also too rare. And the cycle continues.

I just don't think you all get it. I shouldn't be surprised as there are a lot of kids here, but those of you who are adults should really have a better understanding of all of this. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE ITEMS THAT ARE BOTH RARE AND ARE EASY TO GET. IF EVERYONE CAN GET ONE, THEN IT WILL NOT BE RARE AND WILL BE WORTHLESS!!

Make up your minds. Either you want the best items to be common and worth 1k each, or you want them to be hard enough to get so that even you may have trouble getting them, even if you spend a lot of plat. It's one way or the other. You can't have your cake and eat it too! [/end rant]
    Last edited by Energizeric; 03-28-2013 at 12:47 AM.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    This same conversation over and over is getting very tiresome. Here's what happened.... In season 1 everyone complained that it was too hard to get pinks and that they were too expensive. So STS added the crates and increased the amount of pinks in the chests. So everyone who opens a crate gets a pink. Wonderful! Now everyone should be happy!! NOT!!

What's the problem then? Well now they complain that these are not GOOD pinks. No? Stats look pretty good? Yes, they do. What's the problem then? Well the price is too low. They are worthless. Why is that? Well, they are very common and there are a million of them in the auction. Why? Because everyone opening a chest gets one!! That's why!

So now you we are going full circle. Now nobody cares about pinks anymore since they are no longer good. Pinks now are like purples from season 1. Now we all want mythic and arcane items. They are too expensive. So we want them to be easier to get. So will STS increase the drop rate on those too? Let's suppose they do. Maybe 1 in 10 crates will have one. Then they will be common and there will be a million in the auction and all will be worth 1k. Then what?

Maybe then STS can come out with the new super rare dark pink "elite" items just like they have in PL. And those will be even rarer than mythic and arcane. And then everyone can complain that those too are also too rare. And the cycle continues.

I just don't think you all get it. I shouldn't be surprised as there are a lot of kids here, but those of you who are adults should really have a better understanding of all of this. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE ITEMS THAT ARE BOTH RARE AND ARE EASY TO GET. IF EVERYONE CAN GET ONE, THEN IT WILL NOT BE RARE AND WILL BE WORTHLESS!!

Make up your minds. Either you want the best items to be common and worth 1k each, or you want them to be hard enough to get so that even you may have trouble getting them, even if you spend a lot of plat. It's one way or the other. You can't have your cake and eat it too! [/end rant]
    If i could "RETWEET" this OVER AND OVER i would, very well said, and i deff agree to this..
    i was thinking the same thing to but i wouldve never said it better than you did

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

As someone who was with AL in Beta until 21 cap, I could provide a laundry of issues/comparisons between this game and the first two STS games. To keep it simple, it is clear STS is heading towards a more extensive monetary involvement. It is up to us to quit turning a "blind eye" and decide whether we are going jump ship or stay the course. Increasing the amount of these threads is not going to solve the issue anymore than the "lack of content" threads in SL/DL/PL.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

I want my items to be common and 1k so I can have my good gear for pvp.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I agree with this.. yep if all the items are easy to get then what will happen to the game.. all players will become boredom cause they have all the goods, gears etc for there ALT .. expected to other games there are things or items that doesn't easily to get .. be open-minded and what energizeric said "I shouldn't be surprised as there are a lot of kids here, but those of you who are adults should really have a better understanding of all of this. " the money from buying platinum will be the one to support the employees to feed up too their families.

well im surely enjoy the game without paying for a plat.. its on you if you guys want to gamble a big real money for a game..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Hihi. I don't spend in AL but I have a good set
    ^ Battle Dragons IGN

Et tu, brute?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Greencrow For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greencrow View Post
    Hihi. I don't spend in AL but I have a good set
    From begging! haha

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

When I was level 23, I bought level 26 armor/ helm plus Abyssal Flamberge of Warfare
    In CS.

At that time, AFW was only 7k. Right now it can be considered as one of the most expensive.

I've never spent plats except for the starting 7 plats. But I'm satisfied with my gears and pets.

All through shear hardwork.

But if everyone gets satisfied in playing AL without spending $$, what happens?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

The crates didn't "solve" anything though, since they require plat to open. And now things are going in the direction that the most sought-after items in the games are coming exclusively through crates. That's the issue. I don't see see anyone saying they want the best items to be easy to get. I see people frustrated that getting the best items requires spending a fortune is real money. I think most people just want there to be some rare drops that don't require spending mad plat.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McBain For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    From begging! haha
    No FARM AND MERCH

because that's my only pastime .. i don't have any things to do so I just go to elite maps and farm hihi
    I spend about 65 plats and I got the 15 plats from w3i free offerse and 50 plats from the leprechoblin contest )
    ^ Battle Dragons IGN

Et tu, brute?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I m not a big plat spender. and im doing ok with it. i farming and merching a lot. but i really think STS should reward those big spenders something nice. the VIP chest is a good start. maybe something more better. like a VIP chest for every 180 dollars spent. garantee a mythic item in chest and a chance of arcane item. it would b keep those guys happy. and it will bebefit to normal players. As mythic and arcane item r so hard to get. they r selling it in a incredable price. it is difficult even for the richest player to coop with the inflation. ATM is fine but u can imagine when next two expension come out.

and they really should get something nice as they spent that much. and as the way AL goes. its never will b a fire game to plat spender and no plat spender. so better to keep those guys happy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Locked crates rule the game right now. They contain quite good items u can farm with in elite to stand a chance and r cheap so players can afford it. Ofc elite gear is bit better but costs milions and not many can afford it.

So ppl like me or others who wants to buy this arcane pets r dependaple on ones who open hundreds of them and spending hundreds of real money to get it. Saying for those that claim they r saving up money to buy from cs but without someone who open a crate and gets it u cant really buy anything as there will be no in cs. (Applies to me too as im using redbeards items)

I would like to see crates go but then elite legendaries should be more around (im not saying common) so u can gear urself up to be a good party member bc if u have crapy gear everyone thinks twice to run with u (i sayed it many times). Mythic and arcane r the ones that should be uber rare so only few can have them i dont complain abt that.

Or make epics more valuable better to use comparable for example with pinks from crtes so most players dont fall in frustration that they cant afford good gear. Bc right now this elite ones r around 1m and more and who can afford that? And get rid of those crates.

Or make som arcane and mythic pets dropable also and leave some for crates only.. i dont know.

Crates r now double-edged sword as i see it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Default The Death of Arcane Legends

I agree with subscriptions I would pay. Also with them they should give you an option for about a month or 2 befor it was full subscriptions. Also have a week free trial? One per device of course. And for the subscibers possibly grant them 5-20 plat a week with the options to buy more.
    PL (DEADBITE L.75 bird UGOTSNIPEDDD L.66 bird NIFECALEDLUST L.55)
    AL (DEADBITE L.16 warrior TENDENCIES L.16 rogue SWANSONGS L.16 mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Many people say they will quit if they had to pay $5 a month subscription fee. I say if you aren't spending $5 a month in plat already then you aren't contributing anything financially to the game so having you quit wouldn't affect the bottom line at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    Many people say they will quit if they had to pay $5 a month subscription fee. I say if you aren't spending $5 a month in plat already then you aren't contributing anything financially to the game so having you quit wouldn't affect the bottom line at all.
    Well spoken! Also they should make the fee able to be purchased with plat. So there is still hope for us that do free plat.
    PL (DEADBITE L.75 bird UGOTSNIPEDDD L.66 bird NIFECALEDLUST L.55)
    AL (DEADBITE L.16 warrior TENDENCIES L.16 rogue SWANSONGS L.16 mage)