Thread: Add Plat Turnstyle Dungeon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Default Add Plat Turnstyle Dungeon?

In PL i bought a lot of plat, the turnstyle dungeons made me a couple of 10ms. Endgame turnstyle with luck lixer guaranteed u like 1m per run at the release of cap. If AL had this the plat players would stop complaining!... or... this would make AL more or a pay to win game...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Adding an imbalance to the game imo. Expect a lot of protests if this pushes through This would kill the feeling of hardcore farming. Leave the luck elixir do its job in elite dungeons I guess.
    duck dynasty falls

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

AL does have plat dungeons. They are called Grand Locked Crates. You pay 15 plat per 'run', and you insta kill the boss and get 3 items. Rinse, repeat.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limsyoker View Post
    Adding an imbalance to the game imo. Expect a lot of protests if this pushes through This would kill the feeling of hardcore farming. Leave the luck elixir do its job in elite dungeons I guess.
    I dunno, I enjoy farming usually when there is even a slight reward. I don't enjoy farming in AL it costs me more to do it than I gain by doing it over and over again.
    Can't be much more imbalanced imo than crates some people won't pay plat to open and others were getting rich off of by spending plat. Pretty much the same result just a different method. When the new maps release those that have plat will be banking again from the new loot for a couple days until the market floods with them. and others will be selling their crates to keep their pets fed and keep enough potions to play the game.

And very likely a turnstyle dungeon will have chests and locked crates and be just as difficult to get a good item as it is now, just you will have to pay to get an opportunity to run a map, to get and opportunity to spend 15 plat to open a locked crate, or get a chest you can get already without paying to enter.

What would the turnstyle dungeon, paytoplay map, have that would be such a benefit worth paying for? A guarantee elite golden pirate chest each run? I'm just not seeing it.
    Last edited by KillaSkillz; 03-28-2013 at 10:47 AM.

KillaSkillz- my guess 8312

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KillaSkillz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KillaSkillz View Post
    I dunno, I enjoy farming usually when there is even a slight reward. I don't enjoy farming in AL it costs me more to do it than I gain by doing it over and over again.
    Can't be much more imbalanced imo than crates some people won't pay plat to open and others were getting rich off of by spending plat. Pretty much the same result just a different method. When the new maps release those that have plat will be banking again from the new loot for a couple days until the market floods with them. and others will be selling their crates to keep their pets fed and keep enough potions to play the game.
    Got your point here. I guess the best solution is to make a dungeon that requires a good team to beat, non puggable and definitely would require you to play with strategy with a guaranteed good reward from killing a boss. I say a dungeon like the Skull Cove only this time you would have to clear all the mobs before the boss spawns. The boss should be the longest and hardest to battle, cause from my standpoint, i think the mobs are more of the challenge than the boss itself :/
    duck dynasty falls

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Limsi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    AL does have plat dungeons. They are called Grand Locked Crates. You pay 15 plat per 'run', and you insta kill the boss and get 3 items. Rinse, repeat.
    I agree locked crates are plenty. Do we really need more ways for throwing plat around as an instant win scenario?
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Exactly cant be more imbalance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Please.. no plats plz . I'm poor
    ^ Battle Dragons IGN

Et tu, brute?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Yup Limsyoker. I went back and added more because my brain was clicking. as Fluffnstuff says so easily (easier than I did) those locked crate are the "turnstyle dungeon" just without all those pesky enemies slowing you down.

KillaSkillz- my guess 8312

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Yup Limsyoker. I went back and added more because my brain was clicking. as Fluffnstuff says so easily (easier than I did) those locked crate are the "turnstyle dungeon" just without all those pesky enemies slowing you down.
    Thanks, I now finally realize that indeed it seems to be the same banana! Well I do hope that the game won't suffer the "pay to win" fate. Good Aftie!
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Yes, as I posted in my thread the turnstyle dungeon creates a "pay to win" environment. So then all of you plat spenders will be very happy until all of the non-plat spenders leave the game, and then you too will leave when the game becomes empty. It happened over in PL and it will happen here too if they ever implement features like this. All I can say is if you don't like the locked crates then don't open them. Have some self control!! Think of them like lottery tickets. Open one per day, but not hundreds!