Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How come never any warriors doing PvP????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default How come never any warriors doing PvP????

I kid!!!!!!!

Seems like every game is all warriors, 3+ on each team, with an occasional rogue or sorcerer there as well. The fights become like a big stampede and basically is boring with no strategy or skill. Warriors just keep swinging and everyone else who is not a warrior dies really fast. I try to stay on the outside and cast my long range skills, but it doesn't work. When you have a bunch of warriors that keep healing each other, nobody ever dies.

I was in one game today that went on for about 5+ minutes before a single kill was recorded.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

LOL like when you were with us team? that was crazyyyy lmao, well i started the game with just me maday..
    so i called u then two other warrios, cuz there was three warriors on the other team lol

edited: but ya ur right, i could last a long time with two warriors on me, probably never ending unles i mess up with my healing or i get stunned right after another
    three warriors on me takes awhile too, but faster obs

maybe what they should do is lower the health increase the damage...
    AKA.. lets all be rogues. LOLOLOL (sarcasm)
    Last edited by inkredible; 04-01-2013 at 01:33 AM.

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I kid!!!!!!!

Seems like every game is all warriors, 3+ on each team, with an occasional rogue or sorcerer there as well. The fights become like a big stampede and basically is boring with no strategy or skill. Warriors just keep swinging and everyone else who is not a warrior dies really fast. I try to stay on the outside and cast my long range skills, but it doesn't work. When you have a bunch of warriors that keep healing each other, nobody ever dies.

I was in one game today that went on for about 5+ minutes before a single kill was recorded.
    Yeah, WTH...what gives. We need to nerf warrior durability and heals so they're super squishy like mages!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

No we need to simply up warriors damage. .a dev has already admitted in spacetime insiders that the warrior in pvp is the most nerfed class....mages at least have a shield that reduces first 500, and reduces incoming damage, one aimed shot can take us to 30-40% life. ...warriors damage needs upped, the pvping is ridiculious, nobody can kill anybody unless your a rouge. ..
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Darko For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    No we need to simply up warriors damage. .a dev has already admitted in spacetime insiders that the warrior in pvp is the most nerfed class....mages at least have a shield that reduces first 500, and reduces incoming damage, one aimed shot can take us to 30-40% life. ...warriors damage needs upped, the pvping is ridiculious, nobody can kill anybody unless your a rouge. ..
    Fairly fine as long as they take away your shield
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

They key to balancing PVP is buffing warriors to the extremes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    Agree here. OP Warriors is what people miss so much. And no no, warriors in a team don't define who would win the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jtst:1031887
    Agree here. OP Warriors is what people miss so much. And no no, warriors in a team don't define who would win the game.
    #sarcasm
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jtst View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    #sarcasm
    this made me laugh LOL
    but tbh i think warrior need more damage LOL, it takes forever to kill one, but then again
    people will start complaining warriors are too "OP"

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

11. The Following User Says Thank You to inkredible For This Useful Post:

Robhawk

Get used to it, STS likes the way it is, they dont care... If you say something against it they CENSOR your post, so they did with mine - im nearly done with this game. pve is boring, pvp is as unbalanced as is can be... so yes - hf signing off!

edit: i logged in 1 or 2 times the last week - hah, thx for saving my money in the future, STS!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

I think warrior itself is not a problem.
    5 rogues can kill anything with 5 as, 5 mage can stun forever with 5 fire ball and 5 warriors and shield up forever..

5 rogue vs 5 warrior = warriors win
    5 rogue vs 5 mage = 50%(maybe rogue)
    5 mage vs 5 warrior = mage win

The result could be different if one team has more than 3 stun pet and use them wisely.

So my point is it's not because warrior is op, but just because warriors can't kill other warriors before it heal them. I had a fight with a warrior until the game is finished because he was telling me 'don't run'.. can't even remember how long.. painful.

This problem occurs when too many warriors are in a room.
    In 1on, no problem except warrior vs warrior.

So now I think STS need to get rid of this CTF because even they change as team play and reward 'win' only, 5 warriors will be real OP in CTF and rogue will be worthless. (Mage can stun at least)
    Or we need better party system that filter and limit maximum number of each class by 2.
    Last edited by Excuses; 04-01-2013 at 11:35 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inkredble View Post
    this made me laugh LOL
    but tbh i think warrior need more damage LOL, it takes forever to kill one, but then again
    people will start complaining warriors are too "OP"
    People have been saying that about rogues since the beginning. Their new found love for trash packs is amazing.

Warriors damage is pathetic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I wouldn't mind if warriors damage was increased a little as long as their health/armor was decreased by the same percentage. Then that would make these endless battles go a bit quicker.

As for balance, I think the main issue now is a range/speed issue. Sorcerers with their ranged attacks, and rogues with their bows are supposed to have ranged attacks. Yet warriors with their axe throw have twice the range even though this is supposed to be a melee attack. Melee attacks by definition are supposed to be close range.

If a mage is so squishy, then the only strategy that works is to try to kite and keep your distance. But that is impossible if my range is shorter than the much more robust warrior. If I get close I die, and if I stay far I can't attack him. And that brings me to the issue of speed.... I can't even run because warriors and rogues both can move way way quicker than me. Yesterday while playing CTF, I was running the flag and passed by a warrior from the other team who also had the flag. We passed eachother around the middle of the maze. So he scores his flag way before me, and then using his leaps he manages to track me down and stop me before I can score my flag. So he basically can move 3 times as quick as me. I've also had this happen with rogues. I killed a rogue while I had the flag and was more than half way to scoring it, and then the same rogue managed to catch up to me again all the way from the spawn room and kill me the second time. Just crazy. Those bursts of speed and leaps need to be nerfed.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I wouldn't mind if warriors damage was increased a little as long as their health/armor was decreased by the same percentage. Then that would make these endless battles go a bit quicker.

As for balance, I think the main issue now is a range/speed issue. Sorcerers with their ranged attacks, and rogues with their bows are supposed to have ranged attacks. Yet warriors with their axe throw have twice the range even though this is supposed to be a melee attack. Melee attacks by definition are supposed to be close range.

If a mage is so squishy, then the only strategy that works is to try to kite and keep your distance. But that is impossible if my range is shorter than the much more robust warrior. If I get close I die, and if I stay far I can't attack him. And that brings me to the issue of speed.... I can't even run because warriors and rogues both can move way way quicker than me. Yesterday while playing CTF, I was running the flag and passed by a warrior from the other team who also had the flag. We passed eachother around the middle of the maze. So he scores his flag way before me, and then using his leaps he manages to track me down and stop me before I can score my flag. So he basically can move 3 times as quick as me. I've also had this happen with rogues. I killed a rogue while I had the flag and was more than half way to scoring it, and then the same rogue managed to catch up to me again all the way from the spawn room and kill me the second time. Just crazy. Those bursts of speed and leaps need to be nerfed.
    That's why I said mage need it's lost stun abilities back while you say mage is good enough now.

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Wow....the axe throw caught me in the spawn room, I was ALL the way on the other side, on the wall, and warrior, hes standing by entrance, he uses axe throw, I somehow get stunned, I die.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default How come never any warriors doing PvP????

Cuz all the nubs think warriors are good, which they kinda are in pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Not a mage myself but from observation Mages need a get away fast spell .warriors have one same with rouges. Well not really when in combat but.. I was thinking mages need like a short teleport maybe. With a cooldown ofc.
    Last edited by iluvataris; 04-02-2013 at 07:21 AM.
    Sig cred: Beelzeebob
    End Game Rogue Get-N-Paid
    Chances are I've probably killed you.
    Watch me on youtube : ) http://is.gd/YiK25Y

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iluvataris View Post
    Not a mage myself but from observation Mages need a get away fast spell .warriors have one same with rouges. Well not really when in combat but.. I was thinking mages need like a short teleport maybe. With a cooldown ofc.
    Clock does that. Dang sorc last night was destroying me because of it. It is a kiters dream.

But to be fair make it so that it is an attack type spell. If someone is chasing you while you have the flag and use it then you would teleport backward to them - dash and jump do the same thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Syylent View Post
    Clock does that. Dang sorc last night was destroying me because of it. It is a kiters dream.

But to be fair make it so that it is an attack type spell. If someone is chasing you while you have the flag and use it then you would teleport backward to them - dash and jump do the same thing.
    Lol why would a sorcerer ever want to teleport BACK to his target? To hit the target with his staff?
    Airys <Average Joes>

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yakiniku View Post
    Lol why would a sorcerer ever want to teleport BACK to his target? To hit the target with his staff?
    LOL I agree. If you want it to be the same as what the SS and SP that a warrior and rogue have.. that's it. You SS as a warrior and someone is chasing you, guess what, you go backwards.. same with SP. Silly but that's the way it is... So it should only be fitting that should occur with a sorc type spell.

Unless, of course, there is another speed type skill warriors and rogues have that I do not know about.