Thread: A long time legends player's recommendations for PVP/CTF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Default A long time legends player's recommendations for PVP/CTF

Hello everyone,

I've played PL (Pocket Legends), ST (Star Legends), DL (Dark Legends), and now AL (Arcane Legends) since release on android platform. STS has produced an immense world for us to play in and I admire their hard work. I am also a business owner in the IT field and know the struggles of meeting deadlines and budgets. Thank you STS for all that you have done.

What I'm actually here for is to discuss AL CTF/PVP and how it can be improved. With any pvp game there will be balancing issues that need to be addressed whenever new gear, skills, or pets are introduced. I'm sure STS mods bring the fruit of our discussions to the Devs. The issue is most of our (the community) threads have little insight into what the core issues are. I will try my best to address them here.

Recommendations

1.) Hosted PVP/CTF matches.

I know this is possible. PL and SL both have this feature. There is nothing more frustrating than having random players take the spot of one of your guildmates/teammates. I'm aware some players have mentioned the possibility to boot flag carriers, opponents, or just basically play dirty by booting whomever they want. We as a community could handle the responsibility in your first 2 games and we can handle it here as well.

Now that there are tournaments starting, we would like to be able to actually practice. We can not accomplish this without hosting games. I also believe hosting games will give more meaning to being in a guild. We could have proper guildwars and sparring matches vs top players instead of randoms who join our games, or when we hit replay and end up in different games. Sure joining up a random game is fun but those who spend the plat or time farming are competitive and want to fight strong players.

2.) Warrior Horn Invulnerability

When there are 3+ warrior on a team the game becomes lopsided. Since horn added ability of Protective shield adds 2 seconds of invulnerability to entire team, there is not enough time to kill a warrior before the next warrior casts charged horn. One warrior having invulnerability is one thing, but the entire team for 6-10 seconds is impossible. I recommend keeping self invulnerability for 2 seconds but reducing team invulnerability to 1 second.

3.) Warrior dmg boost

The recent nerf on warriors seems to be too severe. I'm not certain what stats were nerfed in the previous pvp update but maybe you should boost them just a little, maybe 5-10 dmg per skill, on next update.

Final thoughts

Pvp in general is fairly balanced and I want AL to be my new home. Ever since dodge became overpowered in PL I've been looking for the next big team pvp game to play that wasn't a FPS. Diablo 3 failed me, so did Torchlight 2. I only hope AL allows hosting one day so the pros can challenge each other properly every day.

Thanks for reading
    Zhuangzhe/Kaarataka

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaarataka For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

I totally agree on the warrior's horn invulnerability... I guess even if you have three sorcerers that just shield and get invulnerable one after the other, is kind of a drag too? Just have to join the right game with the right people these days.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TuMadreee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Ya I don't feel as immortal as I used too. Have to find the right group and roll with them. Some match ups are just a lost cause. Now its bang or get banged.
    Sig cred: Beelzeebob
    End Game Rogue Get-N-Paid
    Chances are I've probably killed you.
    Watch me on youtube : ) http://is.gd/YiK25Y

6. The Following User Says Thank You to iluvataris For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Hey. Long time no see.

You don't like d3 pvp???? Lololololol
    gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walkhardd View Post
    Hey. Long time no see.

You don't like d3 pvp???? Lololololol
    D3 has PVP now? I wouldn't go back unless it had serious ctf/guildwars. Yes, I've been playing AL since launch and enjoy the CTF action. There are a few issues still outstanding, mainly game hosting, but I still find it fun. Typically I'm on my rogue Zhuangzhe, so send me a friend request next time you're online and tell Ghost and any other PL player you know how to contact me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I agree with this

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mang For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

You can't change shield as Sheild is vital in pvp. As a rogue In elite do you range 1 sex less invincibility? All classes stack skills... is there any different than gettibg hit by 3 aimed shots in 1second, ur dead, or mages stacking shields, and stuns, or clocks ( talk about easy target.....) mage hits ne .1 sec later a rouge hits me, than stunned im dead abs couldn't use one skill, there is no difference in not being able to kill someone or dying before being able to use skill so if offensive skills can be stacked.. why can't defense? That's taking away another strength from warrior, weve been nerfed enough. Ur tank on ur team needs to axe pull someone away from group. ...I agree with hosting rooms. I also agree with warriors damage ( I think this will help with shield issue (maybe warrior has new skill that can hit through warriors shield) also rogues packs and damage need decreased, mages defense needs increased....and can waerior have a skill tha has chance at 250% crit likw other classes, this would help the nerfed damage aspect and give warrior a chance to kill another warrior... right now we just high five each other as we run by...I don't want booting, o can see a team about to win and boooot.
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    You can't change shield as Sheild is vital in pvp. As a rogue In elite do you range 1 sex less invincibility? All classes stack skills... is there any different than gettibg hit by 3 aimed shots in 1second, ur dead, or mages stacking shields, and stuns, or clocks ( talk about easy target.....) mage hits ne .1 sec later a rouge hits me, than stunned im dead abs couldn't use one skill, there is no difference in not being able to kill someone or dying before being able to use skill so if offensive skills can be stacked.. why can't defense? That's taking away another strength from warrior, weve been nerfed enough. Ur tank on ur team needs to axe pull someone away from group. ...I agree with hosting rooms. I also agree with warriors damage ( I think this will help with shield issue (maybe warrior has new skill that can hit through warriors shield) also rogues packs and damage need decreased, mages defense needs increased....and can waerior have a skill tha has chance at 250% crit likw other classes, this would help the nerfed damage aspect and give warrior a chance to kill another warrior... right now we just high five each other as we run by...I don't want booting, o can see a team about to win and boooot.
    As a rogue In elite do you range 1 sex less invincibility?
    What are you trying to say? I don't understand.

All classes stack skills... is there any different than gettibg hit by 3 aimed shots in 1second, ur dead, or mages stacking shields, and stuns, or clocks ( talk about easy target.....) mage hits ne .1 sec later a rouge hits me, than stunned im dead abs couldn't use one skill, there is no difference in not being able to kill someone or dying before being able to use skill so if offensive skills can be stacked.. why can't defense?
    Please structure your sentences so they are easy to comprehend. This ridiculous run-on sentence is very hard to read. Yes, the is a difference to stacking 3 rogue aimed shots to stacked invulnerability. With aimed show all parties involved need to know by intuition when to shoot their skill. With Horn you only have to wait until the first warrior casts horn then start charging the next one. I'm not saying horn should be nerfed into oblivion. I'm saying horn needs to be tweeked to allow team of all warrior from beating every other team. Mage has invulnerability with shield for 2 seconds but it does not affect the rest of the team. I'm one of the better rogues in game and can time my attacks to coincide with warriors not being invulnerable, that's if there aren't 3+ warriors. The only way to beat 3 good warriors is to have 3 good warriors as well. This kills diversity in team creation. Sure Def skills can be stacked but can you honestly tell yourself that 5 warriors with 10 seconds of invulnerability is fair? Is it fun to never be able to hurt an entire team? My third recommendation is meant to counterbalance the nerf of team invulnerability of horn. Maybe we could also boost the affect on self duration too by making it 3 seconds instead of 2.

...I agree with hosting rooms. ...I don't want booting, o can see a team about to win and boooot.
    These two statements are in conflict with one another. You can not have it both ways. If a random joins your hosted game and then joins your team when you want your guildmate on your team instead, what do you do when they refuse to leave? This is exactly what we currently have in pvp/ctf. In PL you can boot people whenever you want. The serious players never boot people to win a game. There is a culture of being an adult with the power the devs have given us. I refuse to believe that AL's community can not also be trusted with this responsibility. Sure, there are some sore losers out there who boot people for no reason but the benefit greatly outweighs the cost.

Thanks for your feedback and please structure your responses better so dialogue can continue in a reasonable manner.

Zhuangzhe/Karaataka

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaarataka View Post
    What are you trying to say? I don't understand.

Please structure your sentences so they are easy to comprehend. This ridiculous run-on sentence is very hard to read. Yes, the is a difference to stacking 3 rogue aimed shots to stacked invulnerability. With aimed show all parties involved need to know by intuition when to shoot their skill. With Horn you only have to wait until the first warrior casts horn then start charging the next one. I'm not saying horn should be nerfed into oblivion. I'm saying horn needs to be tweeked to allow team of all warrior from beating every other team. Mage has invulnerability with shield for 2 seconds but it does not affect the rest of the team. I'm one of the better rogues in game and can time my attacks to coincide with warriors not being invulnerable, that's if there aren't 3+ warriors. The only way to beat 3 good warriors is to have 3 good warriors as well. This kills diversity in team creation. Sure Def skills can be stacked but can you honestly tell yourself that 5 warriors with 10 seconds of invulnerability is fair? Is it fun to never be able to hurt an entire team? My third recommendation is meant to counterbalance the nerf of team invulnerability of horn. Maybe we could also boost the affect on self duration too by making it 3 seconds instead of 2.

These two statements are in conflict with one another. You can not have it both ways. If a random joins your hosted game and then joins your team when you want your guildmate on your team instead, what do you do when they refuse to leave? This is exactly what we currently have in pvp/ctf. In PL you can boot people whenever you want. The serious players never boot people to win a game. There is a culture of being an adult with the power the devs have given us. I refuse to believe that AL's community can not also be trusted with this responsibility. Sure, there are some sore losers out there who boot people for no reason but the benefit greatly outweighs the cost.

Thanks for your feedback and please structure your responses better so dialogue can continue in a reasonable manner.

Zhuangzhe/Karaataka
    AL is a team game and I am hoping that STS will get classes balance or atleast as near balance as possible. Since its a team game the HORN of renew I think is working as it should. It's hard for 3 warriors to get 10 second unless they are sitting in the same room because you will find that there is chance for two warriors to fire the HOR at the same time which means approx 6 (six) secs as oppose to 10s. If they are in the same room kudos to them because they would be well coordinated.

If the team is balance that is in terms of a mixture of rogue,warrior and mage then this would not be such of a big concern. People need to stop starting threads to get STS to take away the little that warriors have left. Very few rouges/mages will talk about reducing their damage output. The bottom line is the game is a team game and you need to bring your team or randomly join a game in session and play with whatever players are there. That's how I see it. I guess rogues want to be like a Robin Hood and mages want to be like a He-man and warriors just want to be warrior. My two cents. LOL.