Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warriors mana opinions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Default Warriors mana opinions.

Hello,

I would like to address my disapproval on the warrior class. Before yall hate/flame let me tell ya this, Im not talking about lowering warrior damage (Infact make it higher!) or take their invulnerability bubble away. I am stating my experiences in pvp, L16 twink pvp to make it more precise after the update.

I am here to give justified reasons on why the warriors mana capabilities (VB...etc) should be nerfed:

1. The skill vengeful blood is like a mana reflector, it turns the damage into mana. Due to this skill, warriors have ∞ mana. A warrior vs rogue fight in L16 1v1 would last until the rogue has basically emptied its mana tank, then the rogue is a sitting duck because they are not able to heal or kill the opposing party first and shortly the warrior will kill the rogue. Talking about a mage vs warrior is useless because we all know who would win.

2. So bless, what youre saying is that the rogue and mage class' mana runs out, yet the warrior mana just wont run out, thats totally fair isnt it!

3. It could be argued that the warrior has minimal damage therefore it would need a lot of mana to kill a rogue/mage. This is a valid argument but to what extent? I mean COME ON! They can last fights about 15-20minutes long with full mana and by this time a rogue would die because it runs out of mana (even with flapjack or nexus).

4. I dont think there is a possible way for other classes to avoid "mana healing" the warrior because if the rogue/mage dont attack while VB is active, theyll die first.

My suggestion: I just want to say that there should be a limit on VB's mana heals for example: after 250 mana has been given to the warrior, VB gives a mana regen of 5 (not healing mana anymore just a mana regen for about a further 4 seconds - giving 20 more mana).

I find it more fair if all classes can actually lose mana instead of only mages and rogues. I would appreciate sensible/constructive feedback especially from the sts team and other warriors.

~ Lilbless
    Credits to Iady

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Seems complicated to implement. Plus, any base value like 250 mana wouldnt be very practical. It would have to be a % of the warrior's initial mana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Us lvl 26 wars are having tough mana issues after venge nerf... So ur unsatisfied and want further nerf? Give us rougue DMg and take out our mana for exchange then...that'll b fair enough...by da way ur complaining coz u can't beat a war in 16 pvp? Come to lvl 26 and see how wars suck right now..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Natrich View Post
    Seems complicated to implement. Plus, any base value like 250 mana wouldnt be very practical. It would have to be a % of the warrior's initial mana
    I actually think its possible because the mage shield says the shield wears off if 500 dmg has been absorbed or...

Quote Originally Posted by Evilgoat View Post
    Us lvl 26 wars are having tough mana issues after venge nerf... So ur unsatisfied and want further nerf? Give us rougue DMg and take out our mana for exchange then...that'll b fair enough...by da way ur complaining coz u can't beat a war in 16 pvp? Come to lvl 26 and see how wars suck right now..
    Its not like I cant beat a war at 16 but its hard because of their neverending mana. They can spam heal and axe throw and vengeful slash and vengeful blood.

So if the mage class has a heal of DOT which heals 500 hp per tick and lasts 8 ticks, and other classes dont have this would it make it fair? Its hella unfair man. They already have tons of HP AND ARMOR the last thing they need is tons of mana. At level 16, rogues dont do much dmg to a warrior (150 on aim shot) especially since they cant crit cuz of feeble.

Please try to understand - this is especially to the devs. Its not all about endgame. Yall need to test low level pvp and skills. If you guys arent gonna fix this type of stuff or listen to any suggestions by twinks, get rid of twinking. Make the arena accessible for l25 and over.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

sorc's dot doesnt heal 500 per tick, must be a typo.
    the dot only heals for a total of 10% of sorc HP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

I say make the stat points (strength, intelligence, dexterity) the way they used to. Only strength should be giving health, intelligence gives mana, and dexterity the "luck" attributes. This'll balance all the classes a bit more than what we have now.
    As for the warriors' mana, they used to be worse so we can manage a nerf. Better yet, let's just kick everything back to where it used to be in the first cap to where the classes were more balanced.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I am sorry but I look at it a different way.

The Rogues SP, NB and AS are all on 2 second cooldowns meaning it eats mana.

For a warrior SS is 4 seconds, AT is 7 and WM is 10.

If you want a warrior to use mana up then lower those cool downs to 2 seconds. I suspect they will run out of mana. I know most warriors would probably drool at 2 second cool downs. Or.... you could up SP to a 4 second cool down NB to a 7 sec and AS to a 10 second cool down. I will have to say rogues won't lose as much mana then. I doubt rogues would like that.

Rogues just need to manage their manage consumption rather than face roll the keys. Yes I face roll on my rogue.

BTW I have ran outta mana on my warrior many times when not using a mana regen pet (and when I have one), especially when I had SS and CS.

I guess the main thing is warriors do not run outta mana just because of VB it is also because their cool downs are much higher.
    Last edited by Syylent; 04-02-2013 at 12:46 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Syylent For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    I'm saying what if THEY DID. Example
    Credits to Iady

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Syylent View Post
    I am sorry but I look at it a different way.

The Rogues SP, NB and AS are all on 2 second cooldowns meaning it eats mana.

For a warrior SS is 4 seconds, AT is 7 and WM is 10.

If you want a warrior to use mana up then lower those cool downs to 2 seconds. I suspect they will run out of mana. I know most warriors would probably drool at 2 second cool downs. Or.... you could up SP to a 4 second cool down NB to a 7 sec and AS to a 10 second cool down. I will have to say rogues won't lose as much mana then. I doubt rogues would like that.

Rogues just need to manage their manage consumption rather than face roll the keys. Yes I face roll on my rogue.

BTW I have ran outta mana on my warrior many times when not using a mana regen pet (and when I have one), especially when I had SS and CS.

I guess the main thing is warriors do not run outta mana just because of VB it is also because their cool downs are much higher.
    I'm drooling from all the common sense in this post. Literally drooling.

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    Better yet, let's just kick everything back to where it used to be in the first cap to where the classes were more balanced.
    Yes, bring back perma-stun!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Natrich For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Level 26 versus twink levels is pretty different. I have a warrior at 26, 16, and 10. At 10 I rarely ever die, in the last few days I'm like 500/20 -- it's ridiculous, I only ever die if I'm in a 10-12 bracket with a lot of 12s or when there are more than one gearred to the max rogue. Rogue versus warrior I'll win every time unless they are healpack specced (w. lots in str so have high hp) -- the the 1on1 goes forever. Same for warrior v warrior, with damage reduction change a few weeks ago a warrior cannot kill an equally geared/skilled warrior as you can't get lucky enough to get each other even below 50% anymore.

At 26 it's a helluva lot different. I'm not sure if warriors are scaling differently or not though. At level 10/16 you have a lot of new players with crappy gear. At level 26 you'll have some with crappy gear but no where as crappy as level 10 and no new players at all... But it could be that all the balance analysis is done at cap level and not lower levels and it's just not scaling that great.
    Picosecond(26)/Nanowire(10)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird:1034089
    Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    I'm saying what if THEY DID. Example

ahh i skip the "if"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

VB is the warriors only way of keeping mana, if we didnt have it, we would run out fast. mine has 660 mana and within the use of AT and WB im down to 70ish% already, its hard to maintain mana and we only regen it fast if we are constantly beat on. when fighting rogues, we keep it high because of those aimed shots that take out 40% of our life and the other attacks that take out much of our life... sure we have plenty of life, but we need it or we will die due to the damage reduction... you see how long it takes to kill a rogue, 2k is ave. health of a rogue, and it takes a lot of time just to take that out with all our attacks, plus if they throw down their packs and run around us picking up, itll take even longer. the way to balance pvp is to nerf rogues attacks, because if a rogue can crit 1.8k easily with 1 aimed, that just isnt fair... thats about 48% of my life in one move, a rogue can do 1.8k in one move, it takes me about 10secs of contant attacks to do that. Rogues nerfed damage, mages upped damage, warriors upped damage. simple as that...
    Last edited by Theholyangel; 04-02-2013 at 03:46 PM.
    DL: Theholyangel: 36 Vampire.
    AL: Mewfs/Theanarchy: 41 Warrior.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

You're talking about adjusting mechanics based on a lvl 16 twink perspective. What you're asking is for devs to go in and balance each level all the way up to current cap, which is a serious waste of resources. Pvp should always be first and foremost balanced around end game, imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

You say rogues mana gets drained in a 15-20 min fight....yet in all this time you don't go to a mana pack spawn?

...or someone else doesn't come along?

Twinking lvls are borked all around-you are always going to have some classes skills outbalancing certain lvls...someone will always discover op lvl/class/spec combos. That pretty much is the history OF twinking...

Endgame is the place that everything should line up and scale- twinks can always lvl up to be in this fair endgame bracket.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Theholyangel View Post
    VB is the warriors only way of keeping mana, if we didnt have it, we would run out fast. mine has 660 mana and within the use of AT and WB im down to 70ish% already, its hard to maintain mana and we only regen it fast if we are constantly beat on. when fighting rogues, we keep it high because of those aimed shots that take out 40% of our life and the other attacks that take out much of our life... sure we have plenty of life, but we need it or we will die due to the damage reduction... you see how long it takes to kill a rogue, 2k is ave. health of a rogue, and it takes a lot of time just to take that out with all our attacks, plus if they throw down their packs and run around us picking up, itll take even longer. the way to balance pvp is to nerf rogues attacks, because if a rogue can crit 1.8k easily with 1 aimed, that just isnt fair... thats about 48% of my life in one move, a rogue can do 1.8k in one move, it takes me about 10secs of contant attacks to do that. Rogues nerfed damage, mages upped damage, warriors upped damage. simple as that...so now youre saying us rogues cant even have our damage? we already have mana problems (minus the cd, we actally run out even if we do one aim every 10 secs)
    Quote Originally Posted by TourneAsunder View Post
    Twinking lvls are borked all around-you are always going to have some classes skills outbalancing certain lvls...someone will always discover op lvl/class/spec combos. That pretty much is the history OF twinking...that happens in endgame more because the level caps rise.

Endgame is the place that everything should line up and scale- twinks can always lvl up to be in this fair endgame bracket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    You're talking about adjusting mechanics based on a lvl 16 twink perspective. What you're asking is for devs to go in and balance each level all the way up to current cap, which is a serious waste of resources. Pvp should always be first and foremost balanced around end game, imo.
    well thats why I say get rid of twink levels completely, if devs are not gonna focus on twinking too then ill go to PL, there endgame and twinks are equal. you wouldnt understand....nobody ever would...

replies in bold
    Last edited by Bless; 04-03-2013 at 02:08 PM.
    Credits to Iady

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    well thats why I say get rid of twink levels completely, if devs are not gonna focus on twinking too then ill go to PL, there endgame and twinks are equal. you wouldnt understand....nobody ever would...

replies in bold
    From what I hear, PL has even bigger problems than AL even at cap. To be honest ive never heard of a mmorpg that has balanced pvp for every single level up to cap before. Even big budget games like wow, or gw2. Id rather see the dev team put in new pvp maps and games than have them fine tune twink pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post

replies in bold
    From what I hear, PL has even bigger problems than AL even at cap. To be honest ive never heard of a mmorpg that has balanced pvp for every single level up to cap before. Even big budget games like wow, or gw2. Id rather see the dev team put in new pvp maps and games than have them fine tune twink pvp.
    it does however twinks aren't always being burnt down. The Older generation (pre forg era) would understand
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Default Warriors mana opinions.

To conclude,

The replies I got kinda shocked me. However I can enhance my suggestion now from the feedback. Keep my idea from the OP - ya I believe it isn't fair that one class has never ending mana

New suggestion: make warrior damage input slightly higher.
    Credits to Iady

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

To conclude,

The replies I got kinda shocked me. However I can enhance my suggestion now from the feedback. Keep my idea from the OP - ya I believe it isn't fair that one class has never ending mana

New suggestion: make warrior damage input slightly higher.

The replies shocked you? I'll scratch my head on that one.

Personally I would like armor to actually work against aimed shot. Make the warriors armor a little tougher and test it.

I don't believe it is fair one class can take 1/3 of a classes health in one shot. I won't even bring in the one shot capability they have with a sorc (sans shield).

Have you really looked at the AS line and thought "why that upgrade is weak"? It is a purely powerful, envious, line.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Syylent View Post
    The replies shocked you? I'll scratch my head on that one.yeah cuz in every mmo pvp ive played, not a single class has neverending mana.

Personally I would like armor to actually work against aimed shot. Make the warriors armor a little tougher and test it.

I don't believe it is fair one class can take 1/3 of a classes health in one shot. I won't even bring in the one shot capability they have with a sorc (sans shield).

Have you really looked at the AS line and thought "why that upgrade is weak"? It is a purely powerful, envious, line. AS? Where did that come from? please talk on topic, were talking about vengeful blood
    replies in bold
    Last edited by Bless; 04-05-2013 at 01:47 PM.
    Credits to Iady