Thread: DO NOT DO THE Wi3 OFFER FOR DroidDefender

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I was doing some, mostly game trials. I came across one 2 months ago on there I think it was called education+ or something similar.
    Anyways, they asked for info and stupid me,, I filled out my phone #.
    I get calls from telemarketers from all over the country 3-5 times a day, every day ever since, offering student loans (for an application fee), education grants (also for a fee), alternative schooling courses ect. Ect. Ect.
    Pretty sure they just sell your contact info if you give it to them to complete the offer.

I won't touch any of those free plat offers anymore, except those 1 or 2 plat game trial ones that have always been safe for me, but never the "looks like a company and not a game developer" ones. And then only the ones from reputable developers with good rates on the market for their games.

I am checking them all out first through the market before a download just in case.

And yeah, i'd never apply for a credit card that I didn't want or need, and I would never take one that is marketing to everyone and anyone, you just know it's going to have an APR of 19-24%, instead I go to a bank or credit union and finding the best APR I know I can get.

KillaSkillz- my guess 8312

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KillaSkillz View Post
    I was doing some, mostly game trials. I came across one 2 months ago on there I think it was called education+ or something similar.
    I get calls from telemarketers from all over the country 3-5 times a day, every day ever since, offering student loans (for an application fee), education grants (also for a fee), alternative schooling courses ect. Ect. Ect.
    Pretty sure they just sell your contact info if you give it to them to complete the offer.

I won't touch any of those free plat offers anymore, except those 1 or 2 plat game trial ones that have always been safe for me, but never the "looks like a company and not a game developer" ones. And then only the ones from reputable developers with good rates on the market for their games.

I am checking them all out first through the market before a download just in case.

And yeah, i'd never apply for a credit card that I didn't want or need, and I would never take one that is marketing to everyone and anyone, you just know it's going to have an APR of 19-24%, instead I go to a bank or credit union and finding the best APR I know I can get.
    I use a old inactive number lol. Dont like givin out my real name/number to something i dont trusr
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KillaSkillz View Post

You can fix this on an android device by going into settings>>call settings>>call restrictions>>incoming>>allow contacts. Now any calls you receive will be filtered and only contacts will be let in. Thats how it works on gingerbread anyways not sure about ice cream sandwhich or Jellybean.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2