Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Devs, The game will be dying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PvP View Post
    People are missing the fact that Pocket Legends is an MMO(RPG). In any MMO, you're ALWAYS (if you're not, then it isn't a good MMO) spending time leveling up your character and trying to 1 up everyone. Pocket Legends falls right smack in the middle of this category. I see it as not completely time consuming, because there isn't even crafting, or anything besides straight up leveling, some optional quests, and item drops. I mean really, if you want it to be non-time consuming you can't ask for anything more simple. Also, nobody is making you sit down and do all the levels in 1 day to get to level 50. Usually its at least 1 month before the next campaign comes out. I don't see them as over doing it at all, and if anything, the game would die because of it being too easy and too simple. I don't see that happening though, the devs are already breaking down mobile and computer obstacles that have never been accomplished before. This game will continue to improve, but you can't just have everything handed to you and expect level 50 to be as easy as forest haven was.
    I disagree with the main thrust of your reply. One-upmanship? If that were true, I wouldn't play. Crafting? No thanks. Don't want it. Levelling? No. I have PvE XP-locked twinks. Optional quests? No. They ARE THE POINT. Items? What use are items to people who only level-cap, which is what you say is the only thing to do here. They only liquidate.

I do agree about slow-leveling. It's the better way to play. Exageration, however, makes me disagree. Nobody, but NOBODY, is asking for level 50 to be as easy as Forest Haven. They are saying that they can't tell the dog "just a minute" anymore.

You also don't address the concept of level 44 items dropping in a level 45 map, the question of balance that seem to be off because mages and avian are not able to play versus some bosses or the trashy level 46 versions of level 45 items.

In short, the only thing I do agree with is the part where you say they have broken barriers and that it is continuously improving. I'll add to that that these developers listen to us. And that's why we are giving feedback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well.. jsut my two cents..

actually i've jsut completed AO3 yesterday. haha was working and didnt really ahve time to play.. but thanks to some friends in PL, they guided me through all the levels including how to defeat overlord..

Well i'm not sure why ppl are complaining.. i mean if you run through the lvls like me, each level just from the mobs and liquidation, you gain quite a lot. which i have calculated to be more than enough for pots and elixir to defeat each level..you'll get around 5-6k from liquidation, just spend 1.5k on health, mana and elixir each.. but i'm sure i dont even spam 100 health pot of mana pot on each level.. max 50.. so its actually 750 +750+1500...

sorry but i'm with the dev on this one.. it seems pretty cool to have a boss that requires all classes to defeat and also some team work.

playing brainless and stupid hacking-away-at-dumb-mobs doesnt really appeal to me..and pls remember this is not newbie level.. its the highest lvl possible in PL right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you're spending ridiculous amounts of pots trying to beat the Galactic Overlord, THEN DON'T FIGHT IT YET. It's meant to be hard for a reason.
    And this complaining is ridiculous. If it's so easy to get to level 50, then everyone will get there and then be bored again/ quit the game because there won't be anything to do until the next campaign comes out, and who knows when that will be, considering AO3 came out a few months after AO2.
    TheNooob- lvl 50 Paladin

I have other characters, but none are worth mentioning...yet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Yes, but if you imply that an intelligent person is stupid or brainless, they will get angry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

First- to address PvP, Red, etc- I never advocated nerfing AO3. I said I can't afford to play it like it is... There are multiple possible solutions, I'm sure- including Raxie's suggestion of more gold being given in AO3. I said I can't afford to level my characters (not because of buying elixir for one boss- I just don't think anyone should HAVE to buy an elixir) and am concerned about it. I never said it's too hard. I said there's an imbalance for non-strength mages and archers.

Red- I can't play AO3 for a couple of weeks... I don't have the gold...

Mystic, Snake, Asper, Canonicalkoi, Cascade, Raxie, Necrobane... Thank you...
    Truly... I love y'all and did before this mishap.

Haikus said he was quitting if I did... I told him not to... But Haikus, I appreciate the heroic gesture very much

I'm, personally, very sorry that things unfolded the way they have... I had to express my concern that I couldn't afford to level my three 45's to 50... I never assumed that I spoke for everyone. Nor did I expect or want the devs to jump and change things. I do know that I am not alone in my experience. I had to tackle the issue now since the campaign was going to become hard for me to play goldwise....

I didn't expect Futumsh to post at all- much less to post what he posted... I realize many of you would shrug it off. Well, I can't. My feelings were hurt and my pride was hurt...

As far as I'm concerned, if I continue to play without an apology for the harshness, I'm saying it's ok and it's not. I realize we must say things on the forum that the devs don't like... But harshness from one of them is worse than harshness from a peer... I know they have feelings... But they have the position of power and should be considerate when responding...

I thought there would be a way to talk and make tweaks so gold was less of an issue because I knew plenty of people were having the same problem as me... I never said the solution was nerfing. I don't know the solution. I was frustrated and trying to ask for help
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

wow first thread where dev input actually lowered the standard of the posts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    When I was a kid and I smacked my brother, my Mom made me apologize. I would say something like, "I'm sorry that you don't like to be smacked". Somehow that never seemed to work. Then I read this line in Macbeth about equivocation, and I looked the word up. That's what I was doing! I had no idea there was a word for it. LOL!
    Snakespeare, I think I love you. Anyone who can bring in Shakespeare *and* Macbeth into the conversation....well. I'm in love. May I call you the Asp of Avon? (And very good point, btw.)
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

OMG MENG I CANT RUSH IN LAIK DUH LEROY JENKINS EVERY LEVEL, IT DUH TOO HARD MENG!!

HOLY SHETTT THE BOSS CAN ACTUALLY KEEL ME? WHATTTTTTT ??? NERFFFFF

CASUAL PLAYER CASUAL PLAYER EXCUSE EXCUSE CASUAL PLAYER EXUCSEEEEEESSSS

K Seriously, being a casual player is one thing, having a brain is another.

STS, don't make the mistake of nerfing AO3 like you've done with Swamps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Advance View Post
    K Seriously, being a casual player is one thing, having a brain is another.
    Making a weird, off-the-cuff response is one thing and actually reading the whole thread before hitting reply is another. Read the whole thing--neither Furrawn nor anyone else with concerns was asking that AO3 be nerfed.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sorry, kind sir. I have a Physics exam comming up tommorow, and I cannot be bothered to read 9 pages of back and forth bickering about who the content should favor ; Casual players or Hardcore players in this case.

However, I c wut u did thar in attempting to mimic the structure of my response, thus sounding like a kool kid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think the Android release would definitely give the game a shot in the arm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Advance View Post
    Sorry, kind sir. I have a Physics exam comming up tommorow, and I cannot be bothered to read 9 pages of back and forth bickering about who the content should favor ; Casual players or Hardcore players in this case.

However, I c wut u did thar in attempting to mimic the structure of my response, thus sounding like a kool kid.
    Not a sir, long since out of school at any level, long past the point of being a "kool (sic) kid". Studying so that you know something about a subject rather than just jumping into the middle of it is a good idea and one that may be applied to other areas in life. Ahem. If you'd read even the opening post you'd have seen what some of the concerns were. But, (laughing) your kind apology is graciously accepted in the spirit in which it was given.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I also will ignore this and post a useless thing (up top anyway) in order to get praise for it

Though i will say that we should pay more attention to the after effects of AO3... this is effectively a WALL. I cannot see any of them Mynas noobs getting thru this, at least not without de-noobing in the process. That is perfect! If the devs finally do put in a minimum level requirement of lv49 (48 being ao2 max) on all subsequent campaigns then we are home free of these guys!! all previous campaigns are to teach you basic skill and hacknslash training. AO3 comes along and trains you for the next level: STRATEGY. I would not mind 10 more level cap raises of this kind, makes it a REAL GAME.

THAT is how to deal with mmo cheaters. make a CHALLENGE.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've yet to purchase this AOC3 however years of gaming has taught me, that a game is boring if you farming it within a few months. While i know PL is not a typical MMO, lets look at this realistically. Do you really want a challenge, something worth trial and erring over or would you enjoy a game were your running over your opponents with out resistance.
    The developers want to give us a challenge because they respect us as gamers, dumbing down would just be a insult. Personally this thread has convinced me to purchase AOC3 because of the challenge, please don't nurf it.
    Cus 45 Warrior
    Placiu 45Enchantress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

ah, fine, I'll spill the beans... statistics show forum users aren't smart anyway :P

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    I also will ignore this and post a useless thing (up top anyway) in order to get praise for it

Though i will say that we should pay more attention to the after effects of AO3... this is effectively a WALL. I cannot see any of them Mynas noobs getting thru this, at least not without de-noobing in the process. That is perfect! If the devs finally do put in a minimum level requirement of lv49 (48 being ao2 max) on all subsequent campaigns then we are home free of these guys!! all previous campaigns are to teach you basic skill and hacknslash training. AO3 comes along and trains you for the next level: STRATEGY. I would not mind 10 more level cap raises of this kind, makes it a REAL GAME.

THAT is how to deal with mmo cheaters. make a CHALLENGE.
    NOW can u see it?

says "
    "
    \
    Last edited by Arterra; 10-06-2010 at 06:47 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Arterra For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

double post for sake of SHOWING you what i mean
    (i love google docs drawing... expect much more lol)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

OMG, yay one of our most useless forum members has returned to post more BS. Seriously, it's not about casual and hardcore, or bosses capable of killing. I want challenge. As I've said before the problem is that Int and even Dex characters can barely participate in some battles, and elixirs have become a requirement in many cases. I don't want an overall nerf either, but there is something so obviously wrong with the current stare of affairs that only a moron could miss it
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    OMG, yay one of our most useless forum members has returned to post more BS. Seriously, it's not about casual and hardcore, or bosses capable of killing. I want challenge. As I've said before the problem is that Int and even Dex characters can barely participate in some battles, and elixirs have become a requirement in many cases. I don't want an overall nerf either, but there is something so obviously wrong with the current stare of affairs that only a moron could miss it
    well we are not ruling out the possibility of patching up the loose edges. just saying that this is a good turning point for going and making a full mmo experience for those with the acquired experience in the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    well we are not ruling out the possibility of patching up the loose edges. just saying that this is a good turning point for going and making a full mmo experience for those with the acquired experience in the game.
    I wasn't referring to you Aterra, and I agree. I think that challenge and a requirement for teamwork is a great way to go, but I think some serious tweaking is in order. Currently the best team would be entirely composed of Str characters, mostly tanks and paladins. We need a game where Int mages, at least, have a place.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Wow i'm glad i missed out on most of this thread.

Anyway i'm totally with the devs. Sure some bosses need refinement but the difficulty level is perfect, and besides i think a lot more players were/are going to quit if the game provides 0 challenge than those who will quit cause its too hard. The reality is that ao3 is not only challenging but its interesting, and its certainly not the mindless hack and slash weve delt with for the last few months.

About the only complaint here i agree with is that there should be some better loot on the first 3 levels for level 48-50 that will allow players to be better prepared to deal with the later levels without always having to use elixers. Not for nothing though the entire team doesn't need elixers in any of the content. Most times only one player needs it.

Of course i hope instead of complaining for nerfed levels, that players will instead look to have healing become a serious part of the game. If the mobs did a more damage but players (tanks in particular) had closer to 1500 health rather than 400, and mages were able to actually use heal to keep them alive... these levels might not seem so impossible to players with inferior gear but still had good teamwork.

And lastly, don't go whining about futmush's posts when what he told you is the pure and honest truth. The game needs difficult content. If there are two out of the 10 or so bosses in this level that are too hard for 50% of the player base to defeat, then GOOD. You get 8 bosses for casual and 2 for players who play the game enough to handle it. That seems fair to me.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net