Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Devs, The game will be dying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    So what's the "easier" way to beat the overlord? Please enlighten. I hope you're not just referring to what everyone knows, because that's not enough. Everyone knows about the barrels and not to hit him shielded. However, the best (only?) strategy for non-Str characters is to hide outside and run in to rez if needed (probably dying in the process). And you absolutely do need elixers to keep from having the whole party 1-shot. This is not a fun boss battle unless you are a Str character with money to burn on elixers.
    You read my mind, Royce. We must be Siamese twins.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    I'm sorry you feel that way, but almost all the campaigns are set up in a difficulty progression. There's no 'huge money drain' here, unless you make one for yourself - elixirs aren't required to do the content, they just make it a bit easier and allow for surviving more mistakes. Working together as an effective group with a cohesive strategy is the far more effective way to go. AO3 is a lot less forgiving of the 'just run in and kill it' method often used in the lower content, so may take some adjustment in playstyles to deal with.

That's not to say the balance of it is perfect, and it's possible it will change, but as a player I'm pretty happy with where it is now.
    First of all, I'd say thanks for the apology but "I'm sorry you feel that way" is not an apology.

Secondly, you are implying that I "just run in and kill" which has never been my style of gameplay. You assume an awful lot of negative things about my gameplay. Thanks for the insult.

Third, I expect bosses to be hard but I don't expect to have to use an elixir and have my whole team die around me when we are all level 46. I bought a campaign for 45-50. It's wrong for you to insist that good players just stay in the boring part hacking away.

Fourth, I only buy an elixir for fighting the Galactic Overlord on lvl 5. I simply think it should be POSSIBLE for a typical team including non-strength mages and birds to beat him without having to use an elixir.

Fifth, most of the gold sink comes from having to use health pots to stay alive because team players who aren't tanks die far too easily because there's an imbalance somewhere...

I gave honest feedback because I care about the game. What I get in return is you attacking my gameplay... Assuming bad things about me that you have zero right to assume... What person would still play PL if they were me and had you say what you've said to me?

I've played plenty with some forum folk here. I'm sure someone can vouch that I'm not a mindless player...

You could should have listened and responded thoughtfully... Understanding that I probably represent a large game demographic that isn't often vocal on the forums.

I didn't ask for a nerf. I hate nerfing. I shouldn't have to just play in the low levels because I don't have a million or more in gold. It's wrong.

Snake- yes, I can fight my own battles...
    But to be honest, I feel pretty beaten up about now...
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

3.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #63
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Swamps were tough, return of Skeller came about as a way to level easier. Things change constantly. Some people LOVE AO3, some think it is too hardcore. We'll work it out, together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

hmm i think were supposed to be lvl 50 with new gear on so we get this awesome set bonus that makes us super strong...

thats just me though...thing is, THIS boss drops the new lvl 50.
    i saw her once, and swore i was in love...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have noticed that the players who LOVE AO3 are those players who dont mind chugging elixers and pots left and right. Players who are also rich in the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Furrawn View Post
    First of all, I'd say thanks for the apology but "I'm sorry you feel that way" is not an apology.

Secondly, you are implying that I "just run in and kill" which has never been my style of gameplay. You assume an awful lot of negative things about my gameplay. Thanks for the insult.

Third, I expect bosses to be hard but I don't expect to have to use an elixir and have my whole team die around me when we are all level 46. I bought a campaign for 45-50. It's wrong for you to insist that good players just stay in the boring part hacking away.

Fourth, I only buy an elixir for fighting the Galactic Overlord on lvl 5. I simply think it should be POSSIBLE for a typical team including non-strength mages and birds to beat him without having to use an elixir.

Fifth, most of the gold sink comes from having to use health pots to stay alive because team players who aren't tanks die far too easily because there's an imbalance somewhere...

I gave honest feedback because I care about the game. What I get in return is you attacking my gameplay... Assuming bad things about me that you have zero right to assume... What person would still play PL if they were me and had you say what you've said to me?

I've played plenty with some forum folk here. I'm sure someone can vouch that I'm not a mindless player...

You could should have listened and responded thoughtfully... Understanding that I probably represent a large game demographic that isn't often vocal on the forums.

I didn't ask for a nerf. I hate nerfing. I shouldn't have to just play in the low levels because I don't have a million or more in gold. It's wrong.

Snake- yes, I can fight my own battles...
    But to be honest, I feel pretty beaten up about now...
    Furrawn... everyone... you have all fallen for the internet trap. since you were frazzled by some bad ao3 experience you see others responses to everything as negative when it might not be so. also you are inserting these feeling into your response back and so further making a problem.
    Everyone, a good strategy for online discussion is to play sorta happy-go-lucky, and imagine all others are too. that said, </vent>

anyway... on to real issue, ao3...

ao3 is now the beginning of the strategy side of mmo. I have to admit i had fallen into that "hacknslash" mentality, but this will fix it quick. The real problem here is this is the very first (noticable) attempt at strategy we can see in PL. you have to forgive some bugs in the system, and take in faith it will be worked out as devs see how if ao3 is ever going to work as a beta they have to TEACH us how to strategize. I am one of those semi-maybe-casual players (wannabe/future hardcores lol) and wouldn't mind if they gave us more hints on these things or softened it up for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mala View Post
    I have noticed that the players who LOVE AO3 are those players who dont mind chugging elixers and pots left and right. Players who are also rich in the game.
    i LOVE ao3... and all i have to my name is 150k.. the most ive ever had... im too cheap lol
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kacktress View Post
    You all need to quit crying and deal with it. Freakin babies!!!
    Hmm, was that necessary? No. Was that a troll and flaming remark? Yes.

Anyways, Futumsh, I can see your point of view since we have been complaining about ao3 being late and when you guys worked so hard on it, and release it, people say they don't like something about it. BUT, they do say it to try and help you, and the game out. I think it was a little harsh, but guys, we made it clear to him that we didn't appreciate that post, now we are done. Now may we get back to the OP?

The game is challenging, I like it like that, but, I'm leveling my tank, he's lvl 49, and without pots I'm done for. I started off with about 60 deaths, and now I have 260, yes, most of them were from lvl 45, but I'm still dying, and seeing others die from the wrath of the overlord. I realize he's supposed to be the hardest, roughest, toughest boss, but he needs more of a balance between damage, and armor and slight debuffs. Maybe if his attack dealt less damage, but he had an hs debuff, or more armor he'd be more playable? Mages get 1 shot buffed with mana shields, I don't see it fair. I post this to give my point of view and to try and help the game as a concerned player. I don't think we should spend 20 plat, only to lvl to 48 in ao2 then hit up ao3 and farm and level. Leveling takes a long time now to get from 45 to 50, so we can't have the expansion be impossible for us along the way

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

When I was a kid and I smacked my brother, my Mom made me apologize. I would say something like, "I'm sorry that you don't like to be smacked". Somehow that never seemed to work. Then I read this line in Macbeth about equivocation, and I looked the word up. That's what I was doing! I had no idea there was a word for it. LOL!

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    I'm sorry you feel that way, but almost all the campaigns are set up in a difficulty progression. There's no 'huge money drain' here, unless you make one for yourself - elixirs aren't required to do the content, they just make it a bit easier and allow for surviving more mistakes. Working together as an effective group with a cohesive strategy is the far more effective way to go. AO3 is a lot less forgiving of the 'just run in and kill it' method often used in the lower content, so may take some adjustment in playstyles to deal with.

That's not to say the balance of it is perfect, and it's possible it will change, but as a player I'm pretty happy with where it is now.
    Futumsh, I think some of the ~disconnect~ between how the Dev's expected the user's to be experiencing the game and how the user's are now experiencing the game may be due to the Dev's testing on a private local server. You are very correct that AO3 is not very forgiving of error, but that error is not always the player. AO3 is COMPLETELY UNFORGIVING of LAG. I am playing on an iPad using 25 Mb/s (~3 MB/s) connection, and I still get lag spikes in AO3. I almost threw my iPad when one of the spikes lasted exactly as long as the OverLords shields were down. The game play is very smooth, but when these spikes occur, it means almost certain death. I can not imagine the frustration of users over 3G.

As for the source of the lag, could the increase in invites be to cause? If so, can we have a do not disturb so the invites never get sent jamming up our bandwidth when in a fight?

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    When I was a kid and I smacked my brother, my Mom made me apologize. I would say something like, "I'm sorry that you don't like to be smacked". Somehow that never seemed to work. Then I read this line in Macbeth about equivocation, and I looked the word up. That's what I was doing! I had no idea there was a word for it. LOL!
    Lol yes! Equivocation is exactly the right word!!!

The harsh post is over for you, Mystic, because it wasn't directed at you- nor was the apology that wasn't an apology at all. I have my pride. I can't possibly play after what Futumsh said unless he apologizes... which won't happen...

Fluff-
    I've wondered if lag causes some of the problems, too....

The saddest thing is that I LOVE this game. I was being honest. If I made a game, I'd value honest feedback from players even if it wasn't all kudos...
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Furrawn View Post
    Lol yes! Equivocation is exactly the right word!!!

The harsh post is over for you, Mystic, because it wasn't directed at you- nor was the apology that wasn't an apology at all. I have my pride. I can't possibly play after what Futumsh said unless he apologizes... which won't happen...

The saddest thing is that I LOVE this game. I was being honest. If I made a game, I'd value honest feedback from players
    even if it wasn't all kudos...
    True fair enough, I can see where you're coming at but I really really don't want you to quit :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    As for the source of the lag, could the increase in invites be to cause? If so, can we have a do not disturb so the invites never get sent jamming up our bandwidth when in a fight?
    I have previously suggested a GHOST/HIDDEN/NON-INVITE MODE. NOW is the time for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    True fair enough, I can see where you're coming at but I really really don't want you to quit :/
    Me either. I'm a very sad mage about all this.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

I think the devs expect us to love whatever they make....And when we dont they get all mad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    I think the devs expect us to love whatever they make....And when we dont they get all mad.
    well saying the games going to die because of 1 bad update isnt the way to go either though lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

People are missing the fact that Pocket Legends is an MMO(RPG). In any MMO, you're ALWAYS (if you're not, then it isn't a good MMO) spending time leveling up your character and trying to 1 up everyone. Pocket Legends falls right smack in the middle of this category. I see it as not completely time consuming, because there isn't even crafting, or anything besides straight up leveling, some optional quests, and item drops. I mean really, if you want it to be non-time consuming you can't ask for anything more simple. Also, nobody is making you sit down and do all the levels in 1 day to get to level 50. Usually its at least 1 month before the next campaign comes out. I don't see them as over doing it at all, and if anything, the game would die because of it being too easy and too simple. I don't see that happening though, the devs are already breaking down mobile and computer obstacles that have never been accomplished before. This game will continue to improve, but you can't just have everything handed to you and expect level 50 to be as easy as forest haven was.

Level 45 Archer - Pex
    Among the first archers on Pocket Legends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

can everyone just STOP talking about it till like another week or two please?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PvP View Post
    People are missing the fact that Pocket Legends is an MMO(RPG). In any MMO, you're ALWAYS (if you're not, then it isn't a good MMO) spending time leveling up your character and trying to 1 up everyone. Pocket Legends falls right smack in the middle of this category. I see it as not completely time consuming, because there isn't even crafting, or anything besides straight up leveling, some optional quests, and item drops. I mean really, if you want it to be non-time consuming you can't ask for anything more simple. Also, nobody is making you sit down and do all the levels in 1 day to get to level 50. Usually its at least 1 month before the next campaign comes out. I don't see them as over doing it at all, and if anything, the game would die because of it being too easy and too simple. I don't see that happening though, the devs are already breaking down mobile and computer obstacles that have never been accomplished before. This game will continue to improve, but you can't just have everything handed to you and expect level 50 to be as easy as forest haven was.
    EPIQUOTE. let his statement ride the waves of understanding

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ARGH SO MANY COMMENTS I CAN'T THINK! ARGH!

Quote Originally Posted by maneut View Post
    The game is not dying, on the contrary.. I think it's alive again.. what's the fun of playing a game when it's too easy or mindless? what's the achievement you get? Yes, I agree it's hard now.. but you feel good and happy when you beat the boss now, right?
    Don't give up, think of a way to beat the boss, make some friends.. talk, think, plan and try and try again

but yeah you got it spot on mate!
    Deadarcherx - xDeadwizx - xCyclonex - Twinkmaster
    Lvl 50 Pure Archer - Lvl 50 Paladin - Lvl 46 Tank - Twinkbear
    "Awesomeness has no limits"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

furrawn, please don't go!
    devs, i am liking your game very, very much. it is great and the BEST idevice game i have ever played; and i've played quite a lot. but do you know the true and real reason why i like this game? it's because the creators of the game actually listen to the community. i have been to COUNTLESS games in the past; whether it be fps, rpg, etc and BARELY ANY of the games actually listen to the community and fix the problems that the community points out. and when i first came here to pocket legends in june, i was astounded. i knew in about a day that this is truly a great game. because the devs actually LISTENED TO THE COMMUNITY AND MADE CHANGES.
    but i have to say that futumsh's response is wrong. we are not complaining; sure it could be called that but we are giving you feedback on maybe what to improve. sure, you can be like most games out there and just not listen at all to the feedback. but if you do this, you will lose most of your players and resulting in you losing money. i'm quite disappointed that a dev wold say that. why should we level in ao2 until we are level 50 when we paid a good 20 plat for ao3? also, ao3 gear isn't that much better than ao2 gear. sure there are some differences of course but to get ao3 gear, you need to defeat the boss. and to defeat the boss, you really need pots. but what about the people who can't afford pots? what should they do? don't tell me you don't need pots because you do. sure, a team of tanks who are extremely good could do it without pots. but what about the mages or the birds? they get one-hit sometimes EVEN WITH POTS.
    so as i said before, there are two simple solutions. either increase the money we can get. for example, more reward money when enemies die, more reward money for quests, more money from the treasure chests or more money when liquidating an item.
    or, decrease the elixir's price. i'm not talking about health or mana potions; they are fine. for people without money how will they buy pots? they'll just keep dying and dying while fighting the boss. you could plan everything out but what is there to plan out when mages and birds usually get one-shotted? i mean 1.5k for one elixir? don't you think that's a bit too much. i am not one of those poor people; i have more money than i need. but i'm thinking of the poor people; especially the mages or birds who don't have much money. what are they going to do? they only have two solutions. beg and hope people give them money or get platinum.
    devs, just think about it. we aren't doing this because we hate this game are we? we are doing it because we love the game and just want it better and better.
    Last edited by Raxie; 10-06-2010 at 05:07 PM.
    Goodbye