Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Devs, The game will be dying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Furrawn View Post
    Not necessary to nerf it, Twink...
    They need to have kills & chests give out an adequate amount of gold... And maybe balance the game for non-strength Mages & birds...
    SOOO i can farm str8 gold? SWEEEEET, No but srsly, i kinda get bored reading threads by people who play PL while driving and die in a bad car accident...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    Or you could, you know, gear up on the lower bosses while you level to 50, rather than complain about doing content above your level and needing elixirs to do it.
    -Loves inital wording-

Im pretty sure dev has a big *** point...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Or you could, you know, gear up on the lower bosses while you level to 50, rather than complain about doing content above your level and needing elixirs to do it.
    Nice sarcasm.

I paid 20P for a campaign and you want me to be stuck playing the lower levels that are still a huge money drain until I'm a lvl 50? Are you kidding me? This has never been the case in past campaigns.

Your response is hateful and not what I'd expect from a dev...
    But, fine if this is how you respond... I quit.

I know now will be the sarcastic response from JustG saying "Can I have your stuff?"
    Answer "No."
    I'll be on tonight & will give my belongings to my friends.
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Seriously? Because I've found a few level 47 and 48 pinks in the lower levels, and they are only marginally (quite insignificantly really) better than my level 45 gear. Is that gear going to make a difference, like with that extra 2 armor, mages will be able to keep on their feet against bosses? It sounds unlikely. I like the difficulty. I like that the game requires skill. I don't think the frequency of 1-shot kills and then repeated rez spawn kills is a good thing. However, I'm just now finally getting a chance to really get into AO3, so we'll see. I don't want any big nerf, but there seems to be something wrong with a campaign when no one but tanks can make it through without armor pots.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post

My least favorite thing about AO3 is that it is clear I cannot continue to be generous with new players, giving them good deals, or just giving them items. I have to count and hoard my gold now...
    This. I don't play to be a merchant (and there's nothing wrong with folks that like that aspect). I've never even sold anything to another player, just sell it back to the game for little profit or hand it off. I usually have around 50k at any one time, but it's generally less. I, too, like giving away stuff--it's only play money, after all. But now....now I'm having to keep an eye on the bottom line. I find myself looking forward to the consignment store just to get the money to buy the potions I need. It's pretty sad when I can't afford to reward a newbie with a pretty pink for a good job because I've got to buy potions or elixirs. Keep it difficult, make us plan and cooperate, but don't make elixirs necessary to play.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice sarcasm.

I paid 20P for a campaign and you want me to be stuck playing the lower levels that are still a huge money drain until I'm a lvl 50? Are you kidding me? This has never been the case in past campaigns.

I agree 100% with you. Very unproffesional and discourteous.

Last time I checked it was a lvl 45-50 campaign. Not a lets play half the campaign until im lvl 50 and can play it without elixers campaign. It supposed to be difficult enough to allow lvl 45-50 players play. Not only level 50 ones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quite so. That is what I have been doing. I know map 1 is comparatively boring, but there are Lesser D'Jinn who drop pinks, and two bosses who don't require elixirs.

But Futumsh, you've gotta listen when I tell you, the gear in there is mostly crap. What use do we have for level 44 gear? There's been some kind of mistake. This is a level 45 map. And so many of the pinks that drop are level 46 or 47, or 48. Their stats are different by, like, 1 or 2 points of damage. It's not "gearing up". It's just stuff to liquidate. Also, the threat level in Secret Pyramid is yellow for level 45 through level 47. That's about 70 mobsters who give .5 less XP per kill. That's got to be a mistake, too.

So, yes, this is my plan of attack. And I do appreciate that we can't power-level in map 1. The armor is too high for fast kills. I have been considering the respawning shadows in map 2 for that.

Thank you for referring to something being "above your level". Now can we mention things that are "below your level"? Because the idea that character levels and map levels are supposed to coincide has been ignored no matter how many times I point it out. Especially to people "farming" with characters who are 20 levels too high for a map who bully those who are in the right level. So, let's keep that concept in mind. If there is such a thing as "above your level", there is also such a thing as "below your level".

In short, I have mostly stuck to map one through level 46, and now that I reached level 47, I will be mostly playing in map 2.

And with deep respect for my friends who see things differently, I can only say, I hope you will try it this way.

Fut, you probably shouldn't say the word "complain". It sounds too much like a dismissal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    Quite so. That is what I have been doing. I know map 1 is comparatively boring, but there are Lesser D'Jinn who drop pinks, and two bosses who don't require elixirs.

But Futumsh, you've gotta listen when I tell you, the gear in there is mostly crap. What use do we have for level 44 gear? There's been some kind of mistake. This is a level 45 map. And so many of the pinks that drop are level 46 or 47, or 48. Their stats are different by, like, 1 or 2 points of damage. It's not "gearing up". It's just stuff to liquidate. Also, the threat level in Secret Pyramid is yellow for level 45 through level 47. That's about 70 mobsters who give .5 less XP per kill. That's got to be a mistake, too.

So, yes, this is my plan of attack. And I do appreciate that we can't power-level in map 1. The armor is too high for fast kills. I have been considering the respawning shadows in map 2 for that.

Thank you for referring to something being "above your level". Now can we mention things that are "below your level"? Because the idea that character levels and map levels are supposed to coincide has been ignored no matter how many times I point it out. Especially to people "farming" with characters who are 20 levels too high for a map who bully those who are in the right level. So, let's keep that concept in mind. If there is such a thing as "above your level", there is also such a thing as "below your level".

In short, I have mostly stuck to map one through level 46, and now that I reached level 47, I will be mostly playing in map 2.

And with deep respect for my friends who see things differently, I can only say, I hope you will try it this way.

Fut, you probably shouldn't say the word "complain". It sounds too much like a dismissal.
    YOUVED OPEN MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

still, robodude is pretty hard...
    i saw her once, and swore i was in love...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

That seemed a little harsh. Really wasn't expecting that. I know your probably not liking some of the feedback your getting but people are only giving it to help the game out. I wouldnt be making remarks like that to your community that gives you your income. Although I could just be taking it the wrong way.
    Tavore - lvl 50 archer Kravore - lvl 45 - str bear Zirin - lvl 22 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You all need to quit crying and deal with it. Freakin babies!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

No name calling, please, and no characterizing. Our devs have always been receptive to our feedback. They actively solicit our feedback. Things will change in the new campaign as things get worked through. This is the standard evolutionary process of this game.

If you don't have anything to suggest other than "stop crying", then you are the one who needs to learn to deal with it. It's a messageboard. What exactly were your expectations?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tavore View Post
    That seemed a little harsh. Really wasn't expecting that. I know your probably not liking some of the feedback your getting but people are only giving it to help the game out. I wouldnt be making remarks like that to your community that gives you your income. Although I could just be taking it the wrong way.
    I don't know if there is any other way to take it... You are right... it is not smart to alienate your community for pointing out flaws in the game. no one wants to play the AO1 remake level until they get to an "appropriate" level.

Devs - there are other games coming out. Some using new engines like Unreal Engine 3 (see Epic Citadel). The only way that PL can survive is to have a dedicated community of players. By recycling maps, making play restrictive, making the good loot unattainable for most players, charging extra for less and telling community members that they aren't playing right if they point out the problems, you will destroy the loyalty that is needed for the game to succeed.

New content - original, not recycled and re-colored - and treating the members with respect are necessary for the future of PL, as is fixing the problems that players point out. If people feel that they have been cheated or that the game is unplayable, they won't play, let alone spend money on new level packs.
    Aspergillus - lvl 46 dex mage
    Sarcophilus - lvl 45 str bear
    Spirochete - lvl 40 int mage FireflyHunter - lvl 30 Paladin KermittheFrog - lvl 45 int bear SugarCoockie - lvl 29 bow bear NeedCoffee - lvl 22 int archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tavore View Post
    This. Considering that the #1 rule of the forum is, "Be Respectful" and the #1 rule of the game is, "Be Nice", Fu's comment seemed more than a little ironic to me. Sarcasm with a side of irony, if you will. A reply of, "Players wanted a challenge and we envisioned the final levels as being played by level 50's with appropriate equipment and still not having an easy time of it. We probably could have done a better job of communicating that to everyone. Sorry for the miscommunication." might've been a bit better.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

This has to be a misunderstanding. Haven't the devs always been receptive to us?

Is there any way we can wait this out and see if the two of them can work it out, not make things worse by adding fuel?

In my impression, Furrawn is someone who doesn't really need others to do her arguing for her.

Let's try to fix this, please.

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #55
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,893 Posts

Nice sarcasm.

But, fine if this is how you respond... I quit.

I know now will be the sarcastic response from JustG saying "Can I have your stuff?"
    Answer "No."
    I'll be on tonight & will give my belongings to my friends.
    I'm sorry you feel that way, but almost all the campaigns are set up in a difficulty progression. There's no 'huge money drain' here, unless you make one for yourself - elixirs aren't required to do the content, they just make it a bit easier and allow for surviving more mistakes. Working together as an effective group with a cohesive strategy is the far more effective way to go. AO3 is a lot less forgiving of the 'just run in and kill it' method often used in the lower content, so may take some adjustment in playstyles to deal with.

That's not to say the balance of it is perfect, and it's possible it will change, but as a player I'm pretty happy with where it is now.
    Last edited by Futumsh; 10-06-2010 at 01:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    In my impression, Furrawn is someone who doesn't really need others to do her arguing for her.
    lol... it's true. She can definitely hold her own. However, this isn't just about her.

It points out a bigger issue. There are several people who have commented on the levels being a gold sink and the impossibility of facing later bosses without spending lots of gold on elixirs. And the answer to this? Don't play those levels, play the easy, recycled levels until you are a higher level. Even though you paid twice as much to play it.

I love this game. I spend hours playing a day and it is one of the few non-necessities I allow myself to spend money on (I'm pretty broke). I hope it all works out too, but even now, I can't imagine buying a new level pack unless I'm sure that it won't be like this, both in lack of originality overall (some of the stuff like the prisoners were awesome, but most was the same), and impossibility to enjoy. Spending 30,000 on elixirs and pots is not fun.
    Aspergillus - lvl 46 dex mage
    Sarcophilus - lvl 45 str bear
    Spirochete - lvl 40 int mage FireflyHunter - lvl 30 Paladin KermittheFrog - lvl 45 int bear SugarCoockie - lvl 29 bow bear NeedCoffee - lvl 22 int archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm sorry you feel that way, but almost all the campaigns are set up in a difficulty progression. There's no 'huge money drain' here, unless you make one for yourself - elixirs aren't required to do the content, they just make it a bit easier and allow for surviving more mistakes. Working together as an effective group with a cohesive strategy is the far more effective way to go. AO3 is a lot less forgiving of the 'just run in and kill it' method often used in the lower content, so may take some adjustment in playstyles to deal with.
    How could anyone strategize if bosses 1HKO everyone? Buffed and all, players dont have the opportunity to debuff the boss unless we chug an elixer. So we would love to use strategy if given the opportunity of course.

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #58
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,893 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mala View Post
    How could anyone strategize if bosses 1HKO everyone? Buffed and all, players dont have the opportunity to debuff the boss unless we chug an elixer. So we would love to use strategy if given the opportunity of course.
    This is probably a clue that there's a better way to deal with that particular boss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This is probably a clue that there's a better way to deal with that particular boss.
    Not everyone is a hardcore gamer. There are a lot more casual them hardcore too. I love how it takes strategy but for most they will just give up and leave while the rest of the people in the party have no one to help them out anymore.
    Tavore - lvl 50 archer Kravore - lvl 45 - str bear Zirin - lvl 22 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

So what's the "easier" way to beat the overlord? Please enlighten. I hope you're not just referring to what everyone knows, because that's not enough. Everyone knows about the barrels and not to hit him shielded. However, the best (only?) strategy for non-Str characters is to hide outside and run in to rez if needed (probably dying in the process). And you absolutely do need elixers to keep from having the whole party 1-shot. This is not a fun boss battle unless you are a Str character with money to burn on elixers.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.