Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Devs, The game will be dying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I have to say in some boss fights, I have one finger constantly spamming health pots, and spamming heals interspersed with hitting mana pots, outputting zero damage as a paly in a poor group.

However this is just temporary as I get used to the bosses maps and strats AND more importantly everyone else does.

AO3 can't be played whilst walking the dog.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sadly no. . . The dog has got's to wait.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

here is a simple solution.
    DEVS, MAKE THE DAMN POTIONS NOT SO DAMN EXPENSIVE! i mean seriously, 1.5k a potion just so that most people will buy the potion by plat? i think that's just being a bit too greedy... maybe 500 gold per potion.
    there is also another solution. make gold easier to get; for example when killing enemies or breaking open treasure chests, make it give much more reward money. also, maybe if the boss gets taken down, even more reward money should be given. quests could also give more money.
    Last edited by Raxie; 10-06-2010 at 04:13 AM.
    Goodbye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raxie View Post
    DEVS, MAKE THE DAMN POTIONS NOT SO DAMN EXPENSIVE. i mean seriously, 1.5k a potion just so that most people will buy the potion by plat? i think that's just being a bit too greedy... maybe 500 gold per potion.
    there is also another solution. make gold easier to get; for example when killing enemies or breaking open treasure chests, make it give much more reward money. also, maybe if the boss gets taken down, even more reward money should be given. quests could also give more money.
    Was thinking the same. . .had built up a gold stash of some 100k plus just picking on Vanx for that uber-rare helm of his. Not even two day's in AO3 and is all gone. Almost all gone. I'm thinking - What !! Where!?! OMG I hav been robbed!!! WHo Stole It!?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

LOL, i kinda agree on this, wasted 15k just to kill Overlord, real money-wasting method.
    [FONT=garamond]I like Bears. Be jealous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It's the devs way of purging money from the in game economy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raxie View Post
    DEVS, MAKE THE DAMN POTIONS NOT SO DAMN EXPENSIVE! i mean seriously, 1.5k a potion just so that most people will buy the potion by plat? i think that's just being a bit too greedy... maybe 500 gold per potion.
    No, 1 potion (mana or health) is 44 gold.Your thinking of Ellie in town but that goes 100 potions for 1.5k.If you look at it thats a steal. 44*100= 4,400. I think its fine and I'm not rich myself,only 28k.I do agree on the getting more gold part though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

mana and health pots very often u become from chests, but only wenn you have less than 25... i never need to buy it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

We are talking about armor pots and damage pots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy View Post
    We are talking about armor pots and damage pots.
    Specifically, I think you're talking about elixirs.
    Characters: Epimetheus - Lvl 56 Warrior (main character), Atropos - Lvl 50 Enchantress, Aereus - Lvl 50 Archer
    I was a warrior before warriors became cool....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

i am veeeery (very) cheap on elixers, but was forced to with bosses. even so, if i can get away without one i WILL. lost 20k so far... crazy... :P
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thank you Capt. Obvious

Edit in ref to the elixir post before by dumbledore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The game is not dying, on the contrary.. I think it's alive again.. what's the fun of playing a game when it's too easy or mindless? what's the achievement you get? Yes, I agree it's hard now.. but you feel good and happy when you beat the boss now, right?
    Don't give up, think of a way to beat the boss, make some friends.. talk, think, plan and try and try again
    [On a Break... Waiting for the next big update...]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Word dude word.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy View Post
    It's the devs way of purging money from the in game economy
    I still think this is a bad change. The money in this game is not evenly distributed. Many people, like me, felt there was no reason to hoard gold, so have always sold pinks cheap if not given them away. I have enough to probably get several characters through the game, but that is only because the gold I got form liquidating junk has been building up since April. Many people are not in the same situation. What are the players who have essentially no gold at all supposed to do. I love the challenge. I just think it should be more along the lines of Frozen Nightmares for a level 30, challenging, but survivable even without elixers. Elixers should never be necessary. If they are going to be, then they should cost about 1/10 of what they do now.

My least favorite thing about AO3 is that it is clear I cannot continue to be generous with new players, giving them good deals, or just giving them items. I have to count and hoard my gold now...
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    I still think this is a bad change. The money in this game is not evenly distributed. Many people, like me, felt there was no reason to hoard gold, so have always sold pinks cheap if not given them away. I have enough to probably get several characters through the game, but that is only because the gold I got form liquidating junk has been building up since April. Many people are not in the same situation. What are the players who have essentially no gold at all supposed to do. I love the challenge. I just think it should be more along the lines of Frozen Nightmares for a level 30, challenging, but survivable even without elixers. Elixers should never be necessary. If they are going to be, then they should cost about 1/10 of what they do now.

My least favorite thing about AO3 is that it is clear I cannot continue to be generous with new players, giving them good deals, or just giving them items. I have to count and hoard my gold now...
    Royce iv been playing for about Same time as u just when lost expedition came out and you summed it up in 1 post good job I'm the same i spent 100k sold some items got 80k back then lost it... So iv lost 180k... And the only people who rant complaining Are the tanks well most of em.. Swamps where fun.. That's the difficulty it needs to be lowered to so you don't need elixirs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post

Amen.

Currently, I'm faced with becoming a farmer, quitting the game, or not leveling my characters...

***Farmers are awesome. Some of my best friends in the game are farmers. It's just not my cup of tea...
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rorolf1 View Post
    Hi devs,

There are a few things I need to point out for AO3.

1. Casual players.

I saw so many good feedbacks on AO3 thread and I feel really surprised. As casual player, I think AO3 is unfair for us. With not enough money and not enough power, we are hard to take boss down. It seems you just want to keep your crazy fans, but you will lose most of the casual players. it is way too hard to them to do AO3.

Losing casual players means dying of the game.

I suggest at least make part of AO3 bosses easy to farm. So those casual players can have some fun at least. When they completely lost confidence on AO3 boss, it is too bad.

2. Extremely unbalanced armor.

At lv45, armor is good indicator and I can feel difference of 10 more armor when facing boss. But now, who cares about armor?! Anyway, its one hit even after having potion. It seems the lv50 armors are pretty useless.

Please consider. thx
    NERFED AO3 TIME! gf skill... this games gonna be a freakin hacknslash

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    NERFED AO3 TIME! gf skill... this games gonna be a freakin hacknslash
    Not necessary to nerf it, Twink...
    They need to have kills & chests give out an adequate amount of gold... And maybe balance the game for non-strength Mages & birds...
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

20.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #40
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,893 Posts

Or you could, you know, gear up on the lower bosses while you level to 50, rather than complain about doing content above your level and needing elixirs to do it.