Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Devs, The game will be dying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unhappy Devs, The game will be dying

Hi devs,

There are a few things I need to point out for AO3.

1. Casual players.

I saw so many good feedbacks on AO3 thread and I feel really surprised. As casual player, I think AO3 is unfair for us. With not enough money and not enough power, we are hard to take boss down. It seems you just want to keep your crazy fans, but you will lose most of the casual players. it is way too hard to them to do AO3.

Losing casual players means dying of the game.

I suggest at least make part of AO3 bosses easy to farm. So those casual players can have some fun at least. When they completely lost confidence on AO3 boss, it is too bad.

2. Extremely unbalanced armor.

At lv45, armor is good indicator and I can feel difference of 10 more armor when facing boss. But now, who cares about armor?! Anyway, its one hit even after having potion. It seems the lv50 armors are pretty useless.

Please consider. thx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I do agree that casual players should be able to play aswell however it is even more important that the game is a multi-player game, requiring more than one person to complete a level.

The source of the entire negative feedback of AO3 is that people for so long on this game have required no strategy at all. Swamps was pretty good, but AO3 is very good - giving us a challenge, not necessarily requiring lots of time - but definatly requiring thought and teamwork.

It is a difficult balance. If they make a certain section easy to farm then the hardcore players will farm and farm it until the items are extremely common.
    We are yet to see much of the new armour. So lets wait and see what happens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i kind of agree that it's hard for casual players.
    i already spent nearly 150k on elixirs and pots. =/.. shouldnt be this way.
    Deadarcherx - xDeadwizx - xCyclonex - Twinkmaster
    Lvl 50 Pure Archer - Lvl 50 Paladin - Lvl 46 Tank - Twinkbear
    "Awesomeness has no limits"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

AO3 is very straight forward when you follow the traditional MMO team and tactics model.

Tank, Healer, DPS.
    Tank goes first, DPS second, Healer stays alive. Everyone watch the healers back, healer watches tanks back.

And please, before each boss fight - talk about it first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well yeah. but then again there aren't any parties or guilds available in PL. so some of the casual players find it hard to join groups that are experienced enough to do that.

but overall, i like ao3. i hope they never change it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drewl90 View Post
    well yeah. but then again there aren't any parties or guilds available in PL. so some of the casual players find it hard to join groups that are experienced enough to do that.
    Great point.

Perhaps this is the problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree, and the part where you cant join ao3 maps makes the situation all the more worse. The warrior armor is far more less powered than mages(Not saying that the mage armor is overpowered) but i think all warriors and mages should have nearly the same stats, and I think the Avians deserve some special armor to be fair. And a 1handed Gun and shield or something.
    [FONT=garamond]I like Bears. Be jealous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It's crazy and too much for anyone but the players who are sellers and have more than a few hundred thousand. It's so wrong that AO3 is making it so that only farmers can afford to play. I don't want it nerfed, but something needs to change like yesterday. Elixirs should absolutely never be a must-have even for a boss fight. As for teamwork- when the campaign is so against traditional mages and birds that it's like I said before, it's not teamwork when your team is dead.

Drew- you spent 150K playing AO3 but you hope they never change it?
    Last edited by Furrawn; 10-06-2010 at 01:04 AM.
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Again, elixers are not needed.

Go grab a healer, a tank, and 3 DPS'ers. Then go fight Gorgux.

But before you do, discuss it.

"Okay guys, turn on your volume cause when he growls that means he is about to do his huge attack. At that point, quickly grab one of the green orbs. Healer, you stay over there - Damage dealer's keep pushing him into this corner and Tank hold aggro"

And then go into the fight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Point and Point - Was thinking much the same thing myself of late. Used to be Pickup and Play. . . if u gotta go walk the dog then go walk the dog and get back to it. Now day's it's more like the dog got's to go walk itself. It take's almost 20 minutes to get anywhere next to a boss and even then - 99.99% of the time you get loot which isn't really what you wanted.

Which is Great - If you have the time, patients, wherewithal to stand around town waiting for that ever so critical double coincidence of wants.

The single most exciting thing about AO3 (in my humble opinion) is the chance one might score that mad awesome spacesuit. But try as we might - most of us will never. - That's been sorted out between the traders and the dev's.

So can there not be an 'orange' or 'green' variant on the same. Spacesuit. Just as we have 'green' Kopesh of blood now. Looks same as the lvl 45 'pink' one. But is diff in stats for sure.

Just to keep us casual, or otherwise committed, players somewhat satisfied with our unimportant little selves.

And I have met a whole bunch of people in-game. Some single parents, some college going students - all who can't commit time to farm. On the other end of the spectrum you have groups of five people fortunate enough to know each other and all like the same game (quintuple coincidence of wants) living/working/studying out of the same area - who have more than a lot of time (esp combined) to procure better gear/equips. I've seen it happen in Vxynar's layer - when the Helm went viral. Crew of four marched in in a little line (I was already fighting a random boss spawn - before the update regularized it), marched up to boss, killed him as one, and marched out.

Few day's later I read an article about a game called 'starcraft' and how they got professional teams and such - and couldn't help thinking to myself that I had just seen one in action. More or less.

Still - the biggest point of difference between the purists of any MMO genre and us regular types who just want to kill a couple of minutes having fun remains - How much Loot is too Much!

And I can't speak for anybody else, while I am totally satisfied with AO3 and my whole PL experience so far, the only thing that would make it better is if . . . .lost my track for a second. Guess there is no one fix. Only Hope is the Auction House. So we can at least exchange things for a reasonable amount of gold. Compare offers more conveniently. Is what the forums are for no doubt. But hundreds of players still haven't logged in on the forums. Even still - in AO3 - I find myself telling people that there is a forum and a traders market.

Yeah - It's all about the loot I guess. In summary. No Spacesuit for me yet. And I spent about as much time as I could set aside on it. But like I said - never on a commute or in a pick up and play sort of frame of mind. That's what it used to be way back when - early days, early days. Good times. . . good times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dizko View Post
    Again, elixers are not needed.

Go grab a healer, a tank, and 3 DPS'ers. Then go fight Gorgux.

But before you do, discuss it.

"Okay guys, turn on your volume cause when he growls that means he is about to do his huge attack. At that point, quickly grab one of the green orbs. Healer, you stay over there - Damage dealer's keep pushing him into this corner and Tank hold aggro"

And then go into the fight.
    ????
    Gorgux is a breeze...
    I had to buy elixir for the Galactic Overlord. Not Gorgux. He's easy.
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Oh right.

But do you not see that fighting the highest boss in the game with old gear and 1-5 levels short of the max level is supposed to be difficult/near impossible?

It's just my opinion but I think that the toughest boss should require players to level up first before being able to take him down. It should feel like an accomplishment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

holy mother of babies arjun. i didn't even bother reading that haha. wayyy too long. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Furrawn View Post
    It's crazy and too much for anyone but the players who are sellers and have more than a few hundred thousand. It's so wrong that AO3 is making it so that only farmers can afford to play. I don't want it nerfed, but something needs to change like yesterday. Elixirs should absolutely never be a must-have even for a boss fight. As for teamwork- when the campaign is so against traditional mages and birds that it's like I said before, it's not teamwork when your team is dead.

Drew- you spent 150K playing AO3 but you hope they never change it?
    haha well. i must say that it was all to do for leveling my character up with all the exp elixirs and such. (died too many times) it is a HUGE amount i know, but i know that soon many of us will not need elixirs anymore.

There are already strategies for The keeper, the purple boss(don't know what's his name), and the overlord. It's just a matter of time before people get used to it. A

I still feel that casual players are affected badly though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drewl90 View Post
    holy mother of babies arjun. i didn't even bother reading that haha. wayyy too long. :P
    Brother Drewl - I does have a tendency to wax eloquent I admit's. . . is hard to stick to the points thinking like a mile a minute. . . . cause I'm a spaceman. Or about to be certified. Soon as I loots tht Suits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

whats the new tactic to gurgox? Where do you find "The Keeper" or his specific name, I need to know the tactic for all Ao3 bosses, Please and Thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaw View Post
    whats the new tactic to gurgox? Where do you find "The Keeper" or his specific name, I need to know the tactic for all Ao3 bosses, Please and Thank you
    You find "the Keeper" in the "crush the keeper" level.
    You find "Overlord" in the 5th lvl(not sure what it's called)
    --> both tactics are found somewhere below this post

and btw the gurgox ur referring to is the purple boss is that right?
    Last edited by Drewl90; 10-06-2010 at 01:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dont see it below your post? Thanks for the Tips though Does anyone know where The Gurgox Eye of Cosmos, Mirage Robes of Cosmos and Jacobs Mage Hat of Cosmos Drop? Really would like to get them xP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaw View Post
    I dont see it below your post? Thanks for the Tips though Does anyone know where The Gurgox Eye of Cosmos, Mirage Robes of Cosmos and Jacobs Mage Hat of Cosmos Drop? Really would like to get them xP
    haha okay fine. not below this post, but below this THREAD. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am more and more leaning towards the group of players who believe that we need to level up and get some better gear before we can deal with the overlord in a more "cheap" way. I will not complain about the toughness of the bosses before I'm 50 with epic loot...

And I think many things regarding the casual players not having good gear and all that, will change now when they will put in the consignment shop. Should be great!
    Dorogan - lvl 50 Tank | Trollpackan - lvl 47 Mage | Tensebow - lvl 30 Willhelm Tell

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Tank, Healer, DPS.
    Tank goes first, DPS second, Healer stays alive. Everyone watch the healers back, healer watches tanks back.

Yes if healer and birds the tank elixirs didn't get 1 hit buy overlord I'm a pally to stay alive I need to spam mana pots if I have shield up or spam health pots then I die i don't even get time to revive or heal or anything