Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hit percentange?? Whats the effects

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by legendfb View Post
    lmao

Firstly, I said more than 100% is meaningless, you didn't read that at all, lol, no problem.

Secondly, there's no doubt that, hit% got capped at 100%

it's not my imagination, prove otherwise. And before you do, don't mention any thread that is so old, that may not be valid today.
    Oh, the ignorance. I happen to agree with you, but dude. Take a chill pill and listen to the people who are 100x smarter than either of us. I'm gonna pull the Bible card on you, brother.

Proverbs 13:1, "A wise son hears his father’s instruction, but a scoffer does not listen to rebuke."

And that begs the question- "Who's your daddy?!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

First off, there are two factors are related with hit %.

One is, you'll miss or not.

Second is, much debated relation with dodge, but it's true that it's directly related with dodge.

The theory is - more hit % means the opponent will dodge less, as a high level pure bird I always desperately miss this fact that a bear should dodge way much less against me, compared to other classes but this doesn't happen as hit % got capped already, this is the main reason that dodge has taken over everything and luck factor got overpowered.

I made a thread regarding this matter months ago, techno also replied their, though she didn't mention anything about the mechanics.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-to-re-balance
    Last edited by Waug; 04-08-2013 at 09:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Second is, much debated relation with dodge, but it's true that it's directly related with dodge.

The theory is - more hit % means the opponent will dodge less, as a high level pure bird I always desperately miss this fact that a bear should dodge way much less against me, compared to other classes but this doesn't happen as hit % got capped already, this is the main reason that dodge has taken over everything and luck factor got overpowered.

I made a thread regarding this matter months ago, techno also replied their, though she didn't mention anything about the mechanics.

Your misuse of the word "their" makes your argument invalid. Good fight my friend.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Might wanna look into the threads Fluff and I ha e posted. Might help understand things TE left unanswered. (And yes, I read your thread.)
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yich View Post
    My goal isnt to prove anything to anyone, but since you went all big red, I will say this. The facts go alongside with intelligence. I highly respected PvPer and person in general (Vv aka call aka jake) taught me that with a talon u wont really get over 100 hit%, regardless of your stat. Now here a half-illiterate random is trying to tell me that 100% means you'll always hit every time. Without testing, I can tell you for a fact which is right, because I know who to trust.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    Oh, the ignorance. I happen to agree with you, but dude. Take a chill pill and listen to the people who are 100x smarter than either of us. I'm gonna pull the Bible card on you, brother.

Proverbs 13:1, "A wise son hears his father’s instruction, but a scoffer does not listen to rebuke."

And that begs the question- "Who's your daddy?!"
    Funny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bears had low hit percentage so sometimes their attack is miss. while bird that has a high hit percentage can hit and kill fast. thats why archers kills fast cause of high damage and they can hit without missing but really depends on the players stat. cause some are warbirds that their hit % will went down to 105% or lower but thats not bad. But for archers it is good to go for a pure dex.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    Might wanna look into the threads Fluff and I ha e posted. Might help understand things TE left unanswered. (And yes, I read your thread.)
    Sorry but techno left nothing un answered, rather she cleared that

- balancing pvp is a ongoing process and they are working on it (what she said, I'm not saying they are doing or not)

- They are not gonna turn the big nob of the games, means they are not gonna change any basic game algorithm that would impact the whole game, causing many side effects that may harm the game in other ways.

from that perspective she was pretty much clear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Sorry but techno left nothing un answered, rather she cleared that

- balancing pvp is a ongoing process and they are working on it (what she said, I'm not saying they are doing or not)

- They are not gonna turn the big nob of the games, means they are not gonna change any basic game algorithm that would impact the whole game, causing many side effects that may harm the game in other ways.

from that perspective she was pretty much clear.
    Actually, if you reread what YOU said, "She didn't mention anything about mechanics." That is what the discussion turned too and my reference for your response.
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Piosidon View Post
    Are dodge and crit even a percentage cause all I see is just a number
    Yes theyre both percentages..
    Tubble-80 mage, Influent- 76 bird, disturbence-61 bird, fruitbaby-61 mage, Vvebby- 56 mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whofool View Post
    Yes theyre both percentages..
    Read the attached threads within. Dodge has never been a percentage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

ive never found dodge to be linked to hit%, i mean as a 71 flying bird i have over 200 hit but as i fight a bear they still dodge almost every single attack.

ive always believed (and wont stop to until proven wrong) that hit has nothing to do with the amount of dodge.

@whofool

dodge isnt a percentage, neither is crit. you dont see a ''%'' next to either of those figures do you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GELLIO77 View Post
    dodge isnt a percentage, neither is crit. you dont see a ''%'' next to either of those figures do you?
    Actually there is a "%" for hit crit and dodge in the item descriptions, just not on the inspect page. Its misleading because dodge very obviously isnt a percentage (95 dodge doesnt let you dodge 19/20 hits).
    Crit, however, is and always has been a percentage as far as Im concerned.
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

@Gaunab

Thinking about it now I guess crit could be seen as a "%" seeing as above 100 crit is continuous criticals.

However what you said on dodge I agree with, sometimes I dodge tons on my bear some times I dodge absolute zero

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GELLIO77 View Post
    ive never found dodge to be linked to hit%, i mean as a 71 flying bird i have over 200 hit but as i fight a bear they still dodge almost every single attack.

ive always believed (and wont stop to until proven wrong) that hit has nothing to do with the amount of ...
    Please read earlier posts carefully cause, this never has been said that hit percentage above 100 has any effect on dodge cause that's where it got saturated.

Secondly, the relation between these factors is quite prominent, unfortunately "the legit and well calculated dodge" mixed up with "lucky dodge" in current mid-high to endgame otherwise dodge is not just a luck factor rather it's an well calculated tactic.
    Last edited by Waug; 04-16-2013 at 05:32 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

I got a headache after reading this thread further.

So, I was kinda right and Apollo was kinda wrong?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    I got a headache after reading this thread further.

So, I was kinda right and Apollo was kinda wrong?
    To be honest, I don't think we will ever truly know. Here is an example why:

Last night, I stood in a CTF map waiting on teams to get full (on my 51 bird.) I had a Sentinel Shotty set on, no buff, and had one of those annoying kids using auto on me (he was a bird.) My dodge, unbuffed, is 14. I sat there and watched 20 shots in a row get dodged, get hit a couple of times, then dodged another 5-6.

Am I saying this 2 minute example is the end all? No. What I am saying is we can test and test, which we should, and it's not always going to be definitive. Kinda like Vegas odds, someone can play slots their whole life and never win while another can sit down and hit jackpot 3 times a week. I wish I played as much as I use to so I could form a research team to do a test through a variety of levels, gears, and builds. Then again, we could do all this testing and STS turns and changes builds or mechanics again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    In PvP at least, I have not seen one class miss at above 100% hit.

Keep in mind that the guide Physio made, which may have been accurate at the time, may not be accurate now due to the large amount of changes done in the game.
    You may want to check again on the 'miss'. There was a bird complaining in CTF (Rockfort) yesterday that his hit way over 100 and he had a miss. He raged about this a few times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post
    You may want to check again on the 'miss'. There was a bird complaining in CTF (Rockfort) yesterday that his hit way over 100 and he had a miss. He raged about this a few times.
    It is correct, I've already checked many times.

Birds can miss due to debuffs though. I know that my bear can debuff over 100+ hit, so it's definitely still possible for them to miss.

Also, a bird isn't quite a credible source, Angel. I'd need to know his name and stuff, because if he's a newer player and doesn't understand the mechanics as well, he may just be raging and calling dodges misses (or have various other misunderstandings).
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    It is correct, I've already checked many times.

Birds can miss due to debuffs though. I know that my bear can debuff over 100+ hit, so it's definitely still possible for them to miss.

Also, a bird isn't quite a credible source, Angel. I'd need to know his name and stuff, because if he's a newer player and doesn't understand the mechanics as well, he may just be raging and calling dodges misses (or have various other misunderstandings).
    Gotcha. When you said you saw no misses I don't realize you meant only in your testing vacuum without any buffs or debuffs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by legendfb
    Please read earlier posts carefully cause, this never has been said that hit percentage above 100 has any effect on dodge cause that's where it got saturated.

Secondly, the relation between these factors is quite prominent, unfortunately "the legit and well calculated dodge" mixed up with "lucky dodge" in current mid-high to endgame otherwise dodge is not just a luck factor rather it's an well calculated tactic.
    please read what i actually said before speaking