Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: recommendations for single player PC game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

I've got a few games that have multiplayer but are also good in single player

Half-life 2
    Terraria
    Any Elder Scrolls
    Fallout
    Borderlands 1 or 2
    Halo series is good
    NOT CALL OF DUTY
    Minecraft (for some people. I personally hate the newer versions. I suggest 1.0.1_47 Alpha)
    Just Cause 2 (one of the best single player game of all time)
    GTA
    Dishonored
    Warframe open BETA (single or multiplayer)
    Assassins Creed series
    Batman: Arkham City/Asylum

If you need any more, I can probably get some

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

wareframe is fantastic except for the co-op part

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Ooh dishonored is great too completely forgot about that game. I gotta start that back up. Dota 2 and smite are consuming me though Lol.
    Ign - Who -- My guess is 1837.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    A total nub? I would say battlemage (mage wearing heavy armor) is the easiest overall. But for a truly effective battle mage u need to have smithing maxed, enchanting maxed and preferrably alchemy maxed. Idea of the battle mage is to enchant ur gear with mage preferred stats, like reducing destruction (=damage dealing magic attacks) spells cost, increasing mana pool etc. Best battlemages are the ones who have enchanted their items to completely erase destruction magic maba cost, and have the best armors in the game. For mages it's preferred to use conjuration magic (summoning things to help u fight battles) so u can just chill and spam spells while ur summoned creature takes the damage. Overall this is the best build in skyrim as it deals big chunk of damage while being able to receive big chunk of damage.

But I myself have liked the most out of "stereotypical" builds an assassin build. Sneak is overpowered in this game and with maxed Sneak u can just crouch past enemies who directly look at u. Bows can deal alongside sneak 3x damage (when u r hidden) which itself is immense. But, sneak attacks with daggers (going behind and enemy and stabbastab) have 15x DAMAGE. Resulting usually in a sweet animated kill for one single stab. And in addition there are gloves in the game which give 2x backtstabbing damage in a total of 30x damage. It can be used to one shot almost every enemy in the game.

Downside of assassin is the squishiness. If u mess up sneaking and get the aggro for mobs around u, u r in a hairy situation. But in a situations like these invisibility potion or invisibility spell (from illusion magic. Recommended for assassins) will save ur butt. And fighting dragons in the middle of nowhere is tough for a beginner as assassins usually rely on sneak attacks and vs dragons sneak attacks are hard to come by. Near a town its ez. Just go in the middle of town and all the citizens will attack the dragon and u can just relax and shoot arrows from a cover pewpew. Even in open ground fighting shelter as an assassin is vital. Hiding behind rocks, trees or anything is essential as dragons hit hard with their fire breath and those mofos usually just fly around u.

Overall Battlemage is the most useful as it is strong in every situation whether fighting a dragon or clearing a dungeon. But casting fireballs gets rly tedious at some point. Assassin is the most fun class but it requires some experience to become truly devastating. Like Birds used to be in PvP in PL.

There are lots of guides especially for assassins. If u care to do some research u can become a decent assassin without breaking a sweat. Battlemage is just fireball spamming.

For the warrior type of classes, Skyrim isn't favorable. Missing the ability to do ranged attacks is devastating as big chunk of damage is made by ranged attacks in skyrim. Ofc u can get a bow for ur warrior but there's nothing more boring than hackn'slashing through the game IMO.

For a srsly immensively totally nub I would recommend a warrior with a bow. Battlemage needs lots of preparations to become actually powerful but it is the most versatile in the end. Assassins are the most fun and needs far less preparation than a battlemage but needs some skill to play and I would recommend at least some research before playing as an assassin.

Ur choice ofc but remember what ever type of character u will choose, ranged attacks are a must have in skyrim. Remember that u dont have to be a stereotypical class in this game. U can be a sneaking mage, mystical archer (archer+ magic), etc. The choice is completely urs and u will find the best way for u to play Skyrim by actually playing the game.

Edit: If u have any specific questions about some builds, enemies or overall questions about Skyrim, just ask away. I have more than decent knowledge about the game and I'm sure I'm able to reply ur Skyrim related questions. Even the funny ones, u know I'm srsly dope.
    I enjoy using an Assassin build mixed with an archer build. I was able to get 1,500 base damage on my bow (no buffs or codes). I think it can only be done with 100 archery, 100 enchanting, and 100 smithing.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts

Solitaire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Default recommendations for single player PC game?

I have tried warframe .. It's nice, but my pc can't handle much nowadays
    add me on steam:http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198053834348
    AL ign: Neutronius [War] Pixelcrusher [Rog] Hyperious [Sorc] PL: Prototypedwar [main] (+ a few alts)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The first PC games that I ever played were Battle Chess & Maniac Mansion. These were both DOS based games in the late 1980's. I have been a PC gamer & enthusiast ever since that point. Building my own PC's since my Slot 1 Pentium II & made a career out of my passion. So you can trust that I have some pretty good knowledge on the subject . I will give you a great list of 25 games of my personal favorite single player PC games that should keep you busy for a very long time. Most of these games can be purchased for fairly cheap off of Steam or Good Old Games. Some you may not be able to find outside of ebay or other means. I'll leave that to you to figure out . Keep an open mind about older games as I know some may have not aged well. These games were epic for their time & obviously, the flare & presentation of modern games will greatly outshine some of the games on I will list. These games are in no particular order.

1) Deus Ex - Still the best Deus Ex game in the franchise. Deus Ex Human Revolution is an excellent game as well. Deus Ex is one of my favorite games of all time!
    2) System Shock - Played Bioshock? System Shock started it all!
    3) Gothic ( Franchise ) - The older games will be a pain to play now but are worth the experience.
    4) Elder Scrolls III - Morrowind - This is a much better game than Skyrim is in my opinion. This may not be the case for those that have never played it when it was a new game.
    5) Half Life/Half Life 2 - This franchise of games are must owns.
    6) Grand Theft Auto IV - Great game in its own right but the mods bring this game to life. Very high end system recommend for the graphical overhaul mods.
    7) Mass Effect ( Franchise ) - Three games you simply must own.
    8) Freedom Force - Still one of the best, & funniest, super hero inspired games to date.
    9) Fallout 3 - An excellent game. I would expect that you've played this already. Fallout New Vegas is a few steps in the wrong direction but still a decent game.
    10) Fallout 1 & 2 - They are much different games than Fallout 3 was but they are amazing games none the less.
    11) Portal ( Franchise ) - Excellent games with tons of charm & personality to them. An gamig experience that you wont forget.
    12) The Witcher ( Franchise ) - An action RPG franchise that holds nothing back. It's dark, gruesome & a hell of a good time.
    13) Bully - Think Grand Theft Auto without the cars & open world. Another great game that will make you laugh plenty.
    14) No one lives forever ( Franchise ) - Two games you just need to play. An excellent spy themed FPS with a very high comedic value.
    15) F.E.A.R - Great FPS game with one of the best AI's to this day. The first game was great. The other games in the franchise were pretty decent but the first game is a must own.
    16) Batman Arkham ( Franchise ) Two games that are definitely worth playing. A third game is in the works.
    17) Bioshock ( Franchise ) - Bioshock 2 was meh but the original & Bioshock infinite are great!
    18) Star Wars - Jedi Knight ( Franchise ) Some of the best Star War based games ever made. They still hold up very well on the PC.
    19) Tropico - Franchise - One of the better & more balanced simulation franchises. It has a little bit of everything while not taking itself to seriously. Still offers plenty of challenge.
    20) The Sims ( Franchise ) - It's the Sims....... yeah...
    21) Splinter Cell ( Franchise ) - My favorite stealth franchise. Yes, I like it more than the Metal Gear franchise.
    22) Amnesica: The Dark Descent - One hell of an experience. If you're easily scared or jumpy, I wouldn't recommend this game! :P
    23) Indigo Prophecy - You play this for the story that will suck you right in. This is more of an experience than a game.
    24) MDK!!!!! - No words can express how excellent this game is. You just need to play it
    25) MYST - This will be boring to most these days but it's still one of the very best point & click games still.

5 Games with strong multiplayer aspects - These games are great single player experiences but have a strong multiplayer aspect to them.

1) Starcraft ( Franchise ) - Nothing needs to be said about this franchise. Just play it!
    2) Rainbow Six Vegas ( Franchise ) - I still consider these to be the best Rainbow Six games ever released.
    3) Call of Duty ( Franchise ) - Yes, the multiplayer gets crapped on by a lot of people, including myself. The single player experience, while short, should not be look passed. Most of them are very well done.
    4) Battlefield Bad Company (Franchise) - Admittedly, I've always enjoyed BF games for there multiplayer aspect but the Bad Company single player experience is excellent.
    5) Diablo ( Franchise ) - While the game is playable alone, this is a franchise that is much more enjoyable when played with friends.

I could throw another 25 games at you but this list should hold you over for awhile. If you want more game listed, just alert me & I'll add another 25 . Not to shabby for my first post.

-LatinLegacy
    Sig being designed to cater to 1990's message board restrictions !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LatinLegacy View Post
    The first PC games that I ever played were Battle Chess & Maniac Mansion. These were both DOS based games in the late 1980's. I have been a PC gamer & enthusiast ever since that point. Building my own PC's since my Slot 1 Pentium II & made a career out of my passion. So you can trust that I have some pretty good knowledge on the subject . I will give you a great list of 25 games of my personal favorite single player PC games that should keep you busy for a very long time. Most of these games can be purchased for fairly cheap off of Steam or Good Old Games. Some you may not be able to find outside of ebay or other means. I'll leave that to you to figure out . Keep an open mind about older games as I know some may have not aged well. These games were epic for their time & obviously, the flare & presentation of modern games will greatly outshine some of the games on I will list. These games are in no particular order.

1) Deus Ex - Still the best Deus Ex game in the franchise. Deus Ex Human Revolution is an excellent game as well. Deus Ex is one of my favorite games of all time!
    2) System Shock - Played Bioshock? System Shock started it all!
    3) Gothic ( Franchise ) - The older games will be a pain to play now but are worth the experience.
    4) Elder Scrolls III - Morrowind - This is a much better game than Skyrim is in my opinion. This may not be the case for those that have never played it when it was a new game.
    5) Half Life/Half Life 2 - This franchise of games are must owns.
    6) Grand Theft Auto IV - Great game in its own right but the mods bring this game to life. Very high end system recommend for the graphical overhaul mods.
    7) Mass Effect ( Franchise ) - Three games you simply must own.
    8) Freedom Force - Still one of the best, & funniest, super hero inspired games to date.
    9) Fallout 3 - An excellent game. I would expect that you've played this already. Fallout New Vegas is a few steps in the wrong direction but still a decent game.
    10) Fallout 1 & 2 - They are much different games than Fallout 3 was but they are amazing games none the less.
    11) Portal ( Franchise ) - Excellent games with tons of charm & personality to them. An gamig experience that you wont forget.
    12) The Witcher ( Franchise ) - An action RPG franchise that holds nothing back. It's dark, gruesome & a hell of a good time.
    13) Bully - Think Grand Theft Auto without the cars & open world. Another great game that will make you laugh plenty.
    14) No one lives forever ( Franchise ) - Two games you just need to play. An excellent spy themed FPS with a very high comedic value.
    15) F.E.A.R - Great FPS game with one of the best AI's to this day. The first game was great. The other games in the franchise were pretty decent but the first game is a must own.
    16) Batman Arkham ( Franchise ) Two games that are definitely worth playing. A third game is in the works.
    17) Bioshock ( Franchise ) - Bioshock 2 was meh but the original & Bioshock infinite are great!
    18) Star Wars - Jedi Knight ( Franchise ) Some of the best Star War based games ever made. They still hold up very well on the PC.
    19) Tropico - Franchise - One of the better & more balanced simulation franchises. It has a little bit of everything while not taking itself to seriously. Still offers plenty of challenge.
    20) The Sims ( Franchise ) - It's the Sims....... yeah...
    21) Splinter Cell ( Franchise ) - My favorite stealth franchise. Yes, I like it more than the Metal Gear franchise.
    22) Amnesica: The Dark Descent - One hell of an experience. If you're easily scared or jumpy, I wouldn't recommend this game! :P
    23) Indigo Prophecy - You play this for the story that will suck you right in. This is more of an experience than a game.
    24) MDK!!!!! - No words can express how excellent this game is. You just need to play it
    25) MYST - This will be boring to most these days but it's still one of the very best point & click games still.

5 Games with strong multiplayer aspects - These games are great single player experiences but have a strong multiplayer aspect to them.

1) Starcraft ( Franchise ) - Nothing needs to be said about this franchise. Just play it!
    2) Rainbow Six Vegas ( Franchise ) - I still consider these to be the best Rainbow Six games ever released.
    3) Call of Duty ( Franchise ) - Yes, the multiplayer gets crapped on by a lot of people, including myself. The single player experience, while short, should not be look passed. Most of them are very well done.
    4) Battlefield Bad Company (Franchise) - Admittedly, I've always enjoyed BF games for there multiplayer aspect but the Bad Company single player experience is excellent.
    5) Diablo ( Franchise ) - While the game is playable alone, this is a franchise that is much more enjoyable when played with friends.

I could throw another 25 games at you but this list should hold you over for awhile. If you want more game listed, just alert me & I'll add another 25 . Not to shabby for my first post.

-LatinLegacy

Wow dude nice,i agree with u 100%...
    Btw play tomb raider 2013(am playing atm )..and yea its one of the best games i've ever played ...am in love with lara croft

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

wish there was pc version of god of war ascension...
    ign - Bbiancaa. feel free to add.