Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Solving Ze Bird Problem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathofan View Post
    ?? 210 elite bow set, 300 scythe set.
    Maybe i mixed uncrafted and crafted sets or something... Gotta check that.
    <Enigmatic>
    Ludens necesse est, vivere non est necesse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

And guess a pure int fiery scepter/eye mage has 220 armor, 10 more than a 2h (phoenix) bird. Quick question, I saw pimphero's (bitslap) wearing a green armor, obviously Flying (uncrafted swift) armor, while wearing a phoenix bow and I saw he had those flames on top of his head, so does uncrafted armor and helm make a set with the corresponding elite weapon? If so, it would be nice to know the set bonus. Sorry for the derailment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tHelonestud
    Everytime you level there should be a like 5 health 1 armour increase in your base stats
    i suggested something like this a few caps ago, still has never been implemented

@whisper

Birds need a 20 sec buff, you think its possible for a bird to kill a bear in 3 seconds? think again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GELLIO77:1069302
    I suggested something like this a few caps ago, still has never been implemented
    Great minds think alike.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GELLIO77 View Post
    i suggested something like this a few caps ago, still has never been implemented

@whisper

Birds need a 20 sec buff, you think its possible for a bird to kill a bear in 3 seconds? think again
    Then why do foxes have 3 seconds only?

And why, in the first place, is it so important for birds to kill bears? Is it like a birthright or something?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whisperwalk:1069685
    Then why do foxes have 3 seconds only?
    They are unbalanced and underpowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by whisperwalk:1069685
    And why, in the first place, is it so important for birds to kill bears? Is it like a birthright or something?
    Each class has a weakness to another class
    Generally:
    Mage>Bird>Bear>Mage
    Obviously due to the endgame imbalance, dodge is now the primary factor.
    Bears' extremely high damage would totally destroy birds with such a short buff. I mean beckon + auto is almost a guaranteed kill if it hits.
    Once they cut all the dodge then you can start complaining about individual classes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I don't see how a bird loses to a mage. A mage dies in 3 hits!

Anyway, that food chain is out of date because it excludes the two new classes. You need to adjust to the new reality, and not keep thinking in terms of bears bears bears bears bears bears.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whisperwalk View Post
    I don't see how a bird loses to a mage. A mage dies in 3 hits!

Anyway, that food chain is out of date because it excludes the two new classes. You need to adjust to the new reality, and not keep thinking in terms of bears bears bears bears bears bears.
    mage>bird>bear>mage
    fox>bird
    mage/bear>>>>>fox
    rhino=fox
    bird/bear/mage>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>rhino

There ya go

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

How did I miss this flaming?

New classes are poopoo in viability.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hahahahabirdy View Post
    mage>bird>bear>mage
    fox>bird
    mage/bear>>>>>fox
    rhino=fox
    bird/bear/mage>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>rhino

There ya go
    U got it mixed up. No way that fox is better than bird, fox is inferior in every respect. And mages dont dominate birds either.

Right now the food chain is birds > all. Which is why birds need fixing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Interesting discussion going on, I don't know how I missed. Before I read the whole discussion...

Whatever I read, was nearly extragation. Birds always have been underpower, this cap is a prominent phase where, birds are not underpowered, it's just the overall unbalance that looking like birds got the edge.

Guess what a non elite open equipped, one handed weapon str mage do more damage than a birds, let's say even it's equal, it's total unjustified and you say mages are underpowered compared to birds?

If bird would do that? First no elite bow, then semi-str, then one handed weapon, it would take down to ground level.

Anyone agree with this that birds needs most practice to be successfull in pvp, it's really fragile, str meant to tank, dex meant to do the highest damage, but look at the str bears and mages, instead of being tankers and using 1h weapon they are doing immense damage, that's unbalance!!! needed to be fixed.

Any 2h weapon should be way much powerfull overall (including skill damage) than 1h to compensate the shield that can't be used with two handed weapon.

As techno suggested in my thread that they're not gonna take the risk of experiment on bigger nob of the game, so simply the dodge should be nerfed, and armor should be more heavy to factor in the extra damage that causing one/ two hit killing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Ya well, I didnt proposed to take away the elite bow. You can keep it.

Secondly, no one asked a bird to equip one handed weapon either, or put points into str. In fact, if u put points into str, i dont think u can equip the elite bow. It's counter to the concept of bird.

Thirdly, almost every bird vs mage fight i witnessed has shown a dead mage. I only seen a few mages prevail...and most of the time birds are even "rushing" and "spawning" mages. Basically a bird can break mana shield, and after that byeeeeeeee mage. So how on earth does a mage dominate a bird? I might also add that a bird has longer range than mage.

Maybe every single mage I have seen is a noob, but I don't think so.

Fourth, I have no idea what u mean by bird skill. Most fights vs a bird end before 5s, so it doesnt look like a lot of skill is involved. Pressing the right set of buttons? Kiting is a skill? Pls note that I am talking about endgame and I can't give a damn what happens before that.

Fifth, if u walk into the mage forum, they admit to losing to birds also.
    Last edited by whisperwalk; 04-27-2013 at 11:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

U got it mixed up. No way that fox is better than bird, fox is inferior in every respect. And mages dont dominate birds either.

Sorry, I meant for levels 1-70 (70 levels), this is the case. For levels 71-76 (6 levels), your statement holds true.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Ya well, I didnt proposed to take away the elite bow. You can keep it.

Secondly, no one asked a bird to equip one handed weapon either, or put points into str. In fact, if u put points into str, i dont think u can equip the elite bow. It's counter to the concept of bird.

Thirdly, almost every bird vs mage fight i witnessed has shown a dead mage. I only seen a few mages prevail...and most of the time birds are even "rushing" and "spawning" mages. Basically a bird can break mana shield, and after that byeeeeeeee mage. So how on earth does a mage dominate a bird? I might also add that a bird has longer range than mage.

Maybe every single mage I have seen is a noob, but I don't think so.

Fourth, I have no idea what u mean by bird skill. Most fights vs a bird end before 5s, so it doesnt look like a lot of skill is involved. Pressing the right set of buttons? Kiting is a skill? Pls note that I am talking about endgame and I can't give a damn what happens before that.

Fifth, if u walk into the mage forum, they admit to losing to birds also.

'no one asked birds to use a bow'
    - now this is where you got pointless, and also to an extent you agree that bird's are fragile. Anyway.

You missed my point, i.e
    Birds are not op, but mages are overall. Yes it's true, I gave an example that even going with low damaging gear and build, i.e pally, they're doing immense damage compare to any other class.

The point you missed is that, one /two hit killing that's going on current endgame atm, resulting birds getting the advantage over int mages, if mages could survive very first few hits from bird, they could heal and get the full hp again as they used to do it from earlier caps. If devs make the game more balance in term of ' no 1-2 hit killing', mages would be overpowered again as usual. Implying nothing wrong with birds neither birds need to be nerfed and justifying my point that mages are op actually.

As far as birds skills are concern, I talked about it overall including earlier caps to set an example, the motivation was, birds always needed a little bit boost from devs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

no food chain is
    dodge > all
    I have played as a dexterity bear. I could kill a bird with two auto attacks no skills hitting them. As a bird versus a strength mage, I have seen mages dodge blind root blast all in a row and use fire and drain and kill. Sometimes the bird will dodge, sometimes it won't. You can load up with angel gear and buff for 80% dodge, it all come down to luck, they could still land their first two skills and you die.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tHelonestud View Post
    no food chain is
    dodge > all
    I have played as a dexterity bear. I could kill a bird with two auto attacks no skills hitting them. As a bird versus a strength mage, I have seen mages dodge blind root blast all in a row and use fire and drain and kill. Sometimes the bird will dodge, sometimes it won't. You can load up with angel gear and buff for 80% dodge, it all come down to luck, they could still land their first two skills and you die.
    So true...

This is bramer - signing out
    Let's make kids

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whisperwalk
    Kiting is a skill?
    Are you saying that kiting doesn't take skill?? Lololololol. If we don't take rhinos into account, all classes have 12m skills. So basically, successful kiting requires really good knowledge about ranges.
    Last edited by Gragorak; 04-28-2013 at 12:21 PM.
    <Enigmatic>
    Ludens necesse est, vivere non est necesse.