Thread: Solving Ze Bird Problem

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tHelonestud View Post
    Any skill with an effect on your team is, whether you like it or not, the definition of a support skill. Now for these tanking skills...
    sure, stone skin increases armor
    oh wait blessing of vitality increases armour more; mages must be real tanks
    guardian does add some more defense...for 8 seconds. I have much better ways to spend skill points.
    so brute force is a worthless party buff. I will actually agree with you on this, and it's also a terrible self buff since it cancels out vital force, which is much more beneficial to you and your party.
    That puts the rhino at 5 party/support skills, which is more than mages.
    I think you just let slip how poor Guardian is as a skill, compared to the nerf-worthy bird Evasion. (And no, there are no 'better ways' to spend those skill points...you'll just end up with 9 unused skill points) So pls tell me once again that birds are "fair and balanced".

How does a bird, which is a damage character, deserve a defence skill stronger than what actual defensive characters get? How does a bird justify such efficient skill point distribution? A fox, for the same 9 points, gets a buff 6 times shorter. A rhino, for 9 points, gets a worse buff 2-3 times shorter. A bear, for 9 points, gets only half the buff and must continually spam the taunt.

Meanwhile a bird, with these 9 points, has finished their "defensive portion" and can put everything else in high damage skills and strong debuffs which they will now use to murder everyone in 1 second.
    Last edited by whisperwalk; 04-23-2013 at 08:48 AM.