Thread: Make AO3 Captive Audience Twink Farming Zone

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Default Make AO3 Captive Audience Twink Farming Zone

As twinking (keeping a character at a lower level for PVP, but arming them with the best items farmed with sometimes higher characters) has become popular, high level characters have been farming in the lower dungeons to the dismay of some players. This can be seen as an issue when high level players rush through to farm the bosses leaving the level appropriate players to clean up the mobs with no chance of boss loot.

My suggestion is to turn AO3 Captive Audience into a place where high level players can farm loot of all levels. The idea would be that when a boss is optionally released from its prison cell, killing it would give the same chance to drop the same loot as if you were killing it on its original level. Example would be killing a croc boss would give you level 35 items, killing dead eyes would give you level 25 items, killing the frost king would give you level 30 items etc. Let me know what you all think of this, especially a certain player who is campaigning against high level players in low level games( don't worry Snakespeare, I won't mention you by name).

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sounds like a great idea... even if they dont apply this to Captive audience, maybe have another map similar, that is Farmer Friendly? Like a farm, with cow mobs and the bosses drive tractors... ok a bit silly but still, i back your point.
    Last edited by Tullen666; 10-07-2010 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Illiteratetard.

IM BACK BABY!
    DEATHLYKNIGHT-DEATHLYRANGER-DEATHLYMAGE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

LOL!

No, I'm actually just campaigning for sportsmanlike behavior from level 45s in lower levels... but I don't want to change the topic. (Being called a leech for playing a 25 in a map for level 25s by a level 45 was the last straw.)

I think this is an awesome idea. I won't change the topic, I promise.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    LOL!

No, I'm actually just campaigning for sportsmanlike behavior from level 45s in lower levels... but I don't want to change the topic. (Being called a leech for playing a 25 in a map for level 25s by a level 45 was the last straw.)

I think this is an awesome idea. I won't change the topic, I promise.
    My level 37 was constantly booted from swamp games when they released the swamp sets. I got to experience the full danger of making people put a reason to boot, as it was sometimes quite rude and vulgar. Hoping this might solve some of those issues.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Yeah, suppose Frogmar came out of cryo and you could get the exact same loot chart from her there as you can in Bayou Boss Brawl. It could be an orange toad Tiara, or you might possibly get Dreamer's. That would be cool!