Mystic made me promise to stay on the forum til Saturday so that's why I'm posting. I've already deleted all my characters except furrawn, scarlettohara, & christmastree. Those 3 chars are empty of everything but I won't fully delete them til enough time has passed that nobody will pretend to be me (as suggested by a forum member-thks)...

I actually began to respond in the dev's official AO3 thread but it felt like highjacking and that was certainly wrong. So here I am I wanted to respond to Fluff from the dev's AO3 thread... Also, wanted to explain/defend myself against some of the assumptions I have read in the dying game thread. Let me preface this by saying that unfortunately in the game dying thread some folks assumed without reading that all the posts agreed or disagreed with the original poster and posted accordingly...

Hi, Fluff
You are most certainly right. Playing the swamps cost money before we were at the high end of the level cap. I'm fine with AO3 costing money. Oh and yeah- I had like 20K in the swamps... I remember playing and playing to get 10K to buy the rainbow robes lol... But the swamps didn't take so much gold to play that I looked at trying to level my character and thought "I can't afford it." if I needed money, I went and played and earned it. NP. But, it would take at least 300K to level Furrawn. It isn't anywhere near the same kind of gold amount needed for the swamps.

I realize that there are players who farm and sell. They have millions now. I don't farm and sell so I have 200K... The first tremendous wrong assumption is that I see some players assuming that a player is casual play once a week because they don't have millions. Wrong.

I promise you there are plenty of serious respectable players who do not have more than a few hundred thousand if they never sell items. I see posts where people say, "Oh just farm and sell..." I don't want to be forced to sell pinks. I like sharing. Nobody should be forced into farming to afford to play. Earning money the old-fashioned playing doesn't make enough for the kind of gold AO3 takes.

I never one single time anywhere asked for AO3 to be made easier or nerfed. Never.

My main is a paladin. The way I have always played is that if people on my team die on my watch, it's my responsibility. Period.

AO3 has an imbalance. Azrael and others can go ahead and attack me. I don't care. It's true. There is an imbalance. Non-strength mages and birds die a lot... Too much... I don't know what causes the imbalance or how to fix it. I simply know it's there.

As I said in other posts that were ignored by some who just wanted to lambast and label me as complaining and casual, THE IMBALANCE CAUSES THE GOLD SINK.
I do whatever I have to do in a game to keep my team alive. I always have. Because AO3 is imbalanced, it costs a crazy amount to keep my team alive.

I never blindly said "ooooooh whine I had to spend gold." I said, "Hey there's an imbalance and it's a problem. I'm having to spend too much gold. At this rate, I can't afford to level my characters."

I had people just assume I was complaining and wanted a nerf. Those of you who know me, know better than that.

Yet those who don't know me make blanket assumptions about my intentions and my gameplay, including Futumsh. Yes, the rumors are true. I did quit because he was rude and deprecating, and I simply didn't deserve it. I have been a respectable forum member since the day I joined. I'm always honest. I don't cater to the devs hoping they'll like me. I'm just myself. I was concerned about not being able to afford leveling my 45's... I had the right to express that and not have a dev call me complaining and then in the next post indicate I rush in and kill stuff mindlessly. He should have apologized. He's a dev not a peer. I'm a customer. I don't expect treatment like that from a dev. My husband would have shrugged it off. I can't.

I didn't make the thread to take back quitting. I couldn't if I wanted to... My stash is even emptied. The three chars that are left between them have not one pot, gold piece, or even a lvl 2 wand...

I made this thread to explain myself... And defend my game playing... And to say that I don't walk the dog in the middle of a game... Wait... I have a cat because I don't have to walk her Dogs are great though

In a team that had my hubby, my best friend, Haikus, and Twink as Instinctive, we fought the galactic overlord. We used elixirs (btw the elixir was never what cost the gold. It's only needed for overlord- I just think we should not HAVE to use an elixir ever- dif issue). Some team members died anyway. I stayed alive fighting the galactic overlord and did Rez and heal over 15 times and didn't die... A couple decided to walk back since being Rezd in the room was not working... I stayed alive while they walked back. Then we killed him I CAN play well. I'm not mindless or stupid. Though we didn't get him by a barrel so that wasn't ideal. People who play with me will tell you that I love strategy... Hubby, however, will run blindly into a room like a doofuss...lol

I'm not going to do the whole drama list of people I love. It just seems hurtful to friends who might have been forgotten while making the list...

Instead, I just want to thank everyone for such a delightful, fun-filled time... It's been a wonderful experience... There are so many of you who are kind and generous... Great players who took time to teach me back in the early days of the game... Happy memories I've become a good player... Hubby says I need to try resident evil & halo now that I can play Thanks to the devs for creating a breakthrough game that will encourage more games to follow suit, and for usually being amazing at listening to feedback...

To my friends, and there a lot of you, thanks for everything. You know I love you...
I'll be on to check pm's til Saturday, but won't be posting in the forum again...

Smile
And be good to each other...
Furr