Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Just a smile and a goodbye:)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Smile Just a smile and a goodbye:)

Mystic made me promise to stay on the forum til Saturday so that's why I'm posting. I've already deleted all my characters except furrawn, scarlettohara, & christmastree. Those 3 chars are empty of everything but I won't fully delete them til enough time has passed that nobody will pretend to be me (as suggested by a forum member-thks)...

I actually began to respond in the dev's official AO3 thread but it felt like highjacking and that was certainly wrong. So here I am I wanted to respond to Fluff from the dev's AO3 thread... Also, wanted to explain/defend myself against some of the assumptions I have read in the dying game thread. Let me preface this by saying that unfortunately in the game dying thread some folks assumed without reading that all the posts agreed or disagreed with the original poster and posted accordingly...

Hi, Fluff
    You are most certainly right. Playing the swamps cost money before we were at the high end of the level cap. I'm fine with AO3 costing money. Oh and yeah- I had like 20K in the swamps... I remember playing and playing to get 10K to buy the rainbow robes lol... But the swamps didn't take so much gold to play that I looked at trying to level my character and thought "I can't afford it." if I needed money, I went and played and earned it. NP. But, it would take at least 300K to level Furrawn. It isn't anywhere near the same kind of gold amount needed for the swamps.

I realize that there are players who farm and sell. They have millions now. I don't farm and sell so I have 200K... The first tremendous wrong assumption is that I see some players assuming that a player is casual play once a week because they don't have millions. Wrong.

I promise you there are plenty of serious respectable players who do not have more than a few hundred thousand if they never sell items. I see posts where people say, "Oh just farm and sell..." I don't want to be forced to sell pinks. I like sharing. Nobody should be forced into farming to afford to play. Earning money the old-fashioned playing doesn't make enough for the kind of gold AO3 takes.

I never one single time anywhere asked for AO3 to be made easier or nerfed. Never.

My main is a paladin. The way I have always played is that if people on my team die on my watch, it's my responsibility. Period.

AO3 has an imbalance. Azrael and others can go ahead and attack me. I don't care. It's true. There is an imbalance. Non-strength mages and birds die a lot... Too much... I don't know what causes the imbalance or how to fix it. I simply know it's there.

As I said in other posts that were ignored by some who just wanted to lambast and label me as complaining and casual, THE IMBALANCE CAUSES THE GOLD SINK.
    I do whatever I have to do in a game to keep my team alive. I always have. Because AO3 is imbalanced, it costs a crazy amount to keep my team alive.

I never blindly said "ooooooh whine I had to spend gold." I said, "Hey there's an imbalance and it's a problem. I'm having to spend too much gold. At this rate, I can't afford to level my characters."

I had people just assume I was complaining and wanted a nerf. Those of you who know me, know better than that.

Yet those who don't know me make blanket assumptions about my intentions and my gameplay, including Futumsh. Yes, the rumors are true. I did quit because he was rude and deprecating, and I simply didn't deserve it. I have been a respectable forum member since the day I joined. I'm always honest. I don't cater to the devs hoping they'll like me. I'm just myself. I was concerned about not being able to afford leveling my 45's... I had the right to express that and not have a dev call me complaining and then in the next post indicate I rush in and kill stuff mindlessly. He should have apologized. He's a dev not a peer. I'm a customer. I don't expect treatment like that from a dev. My husband would have shrugged it off. I can't.

I didn't make the thread to take back quitting. I couldn't if I wanted to... My stash is even emptied. The three chars that are left between them have not one pot, gold piece, or even a lvl 2 wand...

I made this thread to explain myself... And defend my game playing... And to say that I don't walk the dog in the middle of a game... Wait... I have a cat because I don't have to walk her Dogs are great though

In a team that had my hubby, my best friend, Haikus, and Twink as Instinctive, we fought the galactic overlord. We used elixirs (btw the elixir was never what cost the gold. It's only needed for overlord- I just think we should not HAVE to use an elixir ever- dif issue). Some team members died anyway. I stayed alive fighting the galactic overlord and did Rez and heal over 15 times and didn't die... A couple decided to walk back since being Rezd in the room was not working... I stayed alive while they walked back. Then we killed him I CAN play well. I'm not mindless or stupid. Though we didn't get him by a barrel so that wasn't ideal. People who play with me will tell you that I love strategy... Hubby, however, will run blindly into a room like a doofuss...lol

I'm not going to do the whole drama list of people I love. It just seems hurtful to friends who might have been forgotten while making the list...

Instead, I just want to thank everyone for such a delightful, fun-filled time... It's been a wonderful experience... There are so many of you who are kind and generous... Great players who took time to teach me back in the early days of the game... Happy memories I've become a good player... Hubby says I need to try resident evil & halo now that I can play Thanks to the devs for creating a breakthrough game that will encourage more games to follow suit, and for usually being amazing at listening to feedback...

To my friends, and there a lot of you, thanks for everything. You know I love you...
    I'll be on to check pm's til Saturday, but won't be posting in the forum again...

Smile
    And be good to each other...
    Furr
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

adios...

have fun and take care.

bon voyage.
    i saw her once, and swore i was in love...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Thanks for helping me level in Swamps as I was coming up. Thanks for great conversations in the ChatBox.

If by some chance something happens to make you change your mind, I have gear for you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

no, don't go. i don't think futumsh was referring to you specifically in his post. i think he was talking to everyone who posted in that thread, not just you only.
    but if you do have to go, thanks for the help and i wish you good luck.
    adios amigos.
    Goodbye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ahhh no! My Florida survivalist excursion is pushed back to Novemeber 5th, so you'll have to check back for pictures!

You'll be missed, see you around, and take care.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Sad to see you go Fur your one of the few mature players on PL I haven't played with you much but I noted that you post good constructive feedback and that's definitely something to poroud of...we will miss you around here.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Furrawn View Post
    I didn't make the thread to take back quitting. I couldn't if I wanted to... My stash is even emptied. The three chars that are left between them have not one pot, gold piece, or even a lvl 2 wand...
    I just want to point out that this statement is COMPLETELY WRONG, and I am glad you are holding on to the Furrawn character, because if that character were to show up in the game at a later time, within minutes it would have more items, gold and pots then you could imagine. Take some time for other things, but if you ever get that Pocket Legends itch, don't hesitate to scratch it. Till then, take care.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Furrawn, I wish you would reconsider, but I know you probably will not. I will miss you, and this whole game will miss you. Thanks for being such a great friend, and excellent teammate, and I wish you the best of luck
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    If by some chance something happens to make you change your mind, I have gear for you.
    yeah same here. if you ever decide to come back cuz you're jealous of ur hubby or something, i know many of us will pitch in to get you started back up. thanks for not deleting you xmas character...although i was looking forward to leaving them together ...if you never come back, good luck in life and prosper!
    Oh and i sent u a PM.
    You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
    Announcing the Pocket Legend Fan Site!! Become Part of the Phenomenon!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So sad to hear your going. You've always been someone I respected both on the forums and in game.

Best of luck with all that life brings you
    Last edited by Gavry; 10-07-2010 at 02:58 PM.
    GAVRY - LEVEL 50 TANK | BAVIAN - LEVEL 50 CASTER
    Gavry's Great Ideas Thread | Pocket Legends Manual Thread | Skill Overhaul Document | Quest Overhaul Document
    To my friends, thanks for the good times. Goodbye

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,174 Posts

Furrawn - you brought much joy to the forums.

You will be missed.

Take care,

- Cinco

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

We've had our talk all day yesterday. I won't/don't have to say goodbye.Your just leaving the game...like I said I'll miss seeing you in-game...you know my only reason for staying...if it wasn't for that I'd be gone too. Talk to you later Fur

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm really sorry to see you go and I really hope that you didn't take any of my posts in that thread as directed to yourself, as that was never my intention.

14.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #14
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Best of luck, and thanks for your numerous contributions.

We'll miss you.

- g

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Aw, Furr...if you do come back, message me and I'll fit any character(s) you like out. I'll hold onto goodies, just in case. I never got to quest with you and that's not fair. But take care and keep in touch--you know the email.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Considering that i am comparably actually pretty new to the scene, I'm glad I did play a little with you. it was fun, and hope that we do it again someday.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Bye Furr now that I know you're quitting. You took me by surprised when you told me in game.

Level 45 Archer - Pex
    Among the first archers on Pocket Legends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Furrawn View Post
    Mystic made me promise to stay on the forum til Saturday so that's why I'm posting. I've already deleted all my characters except furrawn, scarlettohara, & christmastree. Those 3 chars are empty of everything but I won't fully delete them til enough time has passed that nobody will pretend to be me (as suggested by a forum member-thks)...

I actually began to respond in the dev's official AO3 thread but it felt like highjacking and that was certainly wrong. So here I am I wanted to respond to Fluff from the dev's AO3 thread... Also, wanted to explain/defend myself against some of the assumptions I have read in the dying game thread. Let me preface this by saying that unfortunately in the game dying thread some folks assumed without reading that all the posts agreed or disagreed with the original poster and posted accordingly...

Hi, Fluff
    You are most certainly right. Playing the swamps cost money before we were at the high end of the level cap. I'm fine with AO3 costing money. Oh and yeah- I had like 20K in the swamps... I remember playing and playing to get 10K to buy the rainbow robes lol... But the swamps didn't take so much gold to play that I looked at trying to level my character and thought "I can't afford it." if I needed money, I went and played and earned it. NP. But, it would take at least 300K to level Furrawn. It isn't anywhere near the same kind of gold amount needed for the swamps.

I realize that there are players who farm and sell. They have millions now. I don't farm and sell so I have 200K... The first tremendous wrong assumption is that I see some players assuming that a player is casual play once a week because they don't have millions. Wrong.

I promise you there are plenty of serious respectable players who do not have more than a few hundred thousand if they never sell items. I see posts where people say, "Oh just farm and sell..." I don't want to be forced to sell pinks. I like sharing. Nobody should be forced into farming to afford to play. Earning money the old-fashioned playing doesn't make enough for the kind of gold AO3 takes.

I never one single time anywhere asked for AO3 to be made easier or nerfed. Never.

My main is a paladin. The way I have always played is that if people on my team die on my watch, it's my responsibility. Period.

AO3 has an imbalance. Azrael and others can go ahead and attack me. I don't care. It's true. There is an imbalance. Non-strength mages and birds die a lot... Too much... I don't know what causes the imbalance or how to fix it. I simply know it's there.

As I said in other posts that were ignored by some who just wanted to lambast and label me as complaining and casual, THE IMBALANCE CAUSES THE GOLD SINK.
    I do whatever I have to do in a game to keep my team alive. I always have. Because AO3 is imbalanced, it costs a crazy amount to keep my team alive.

I never blindly said "ooooooh whine I had to spend gold." I said, "Hey there's an imbalance and it's a problem. I'm having to spend too much gold. At this rate, I can't afford to level my characters."

I had people just assume I was complaining and wanted a nerf. Those of you who know me, know better than that.

Yet those who don't know me make blanket assumptions about my intentions and my gameplay, including Futumsh. Yes, the rumors are true. I did quit because he was rude and deprecating, and I simply didn't deserve it. I have been a respectable forum member since the day I joined. I'm always honest. I don't cater to the devs hoping they'll like me. I'm just myself. I was concerned about not being able to afford leveling my 45's... I had the right to express that and not have a dev call me complaining and then in the next post indicate I rush in and kill stuff mindlessly. He should have apologized. He's a dev not a peer. I'm a customer. I don't expect treatment like that from a dev. My husband would have shrugged it off. I can't.

I made this thread to explain myself... And defend my game playing... And to say that I don't walk the dog in the middle of a game... Wait... I have a cat because I don't have to walk her Dogs are great though

In a team that had my hubby, my best friend, Haikus, and Twink as Instinctive, we fought the galactic overlord. We used elixirs (btw the elixir was never what cost the gold. It's only needed for overlord- I just think we should not HAVE to use an elixir ever- dif issue). Some team members died anyway. I stayed alive fighting the galactic overlord and did Rez and heal over 15 times and didn't die... A couple decided to walk back since being Rezd in the room was not working... I stayed alive while they walked back. Then we killed him I CAN play well. I'm not mindless or stupid. Though we didn't get him by a barrel so that wasn't ideal. People who play with me will tell you that I love strategy... Hubby, however, will run blindly into a room like a doofuss...lol

I'm not going to do the whole drama list of people I love. It just seems hurtful to friends who might have been forgotten while making the list...

Instead, I just want to thank everyone for such a delightful, fun-filled time... It's been a wonderful experience... There are so many of you who are kind and generous... Great players who took time to teach me back in the early days of the game... Happy memories I've become a good player... Hubby says I need to try resident evil & halo now that I can play Thanks to the devs for creating a breakthrough game that will encourage more games to follow suit, and for usually being amazing at listening to feedback...

To my friends, and there a lot of you, thanks for everything. You know I love you...
    I'll be on to check pm's til Saturday, but won't be posting in the forum again...

Smile
    And be good to each other...
    Furr
    yeah well now im making u stay til monday
    i have 20k to my name and now cuz of ao3 i have worthless pinks but hey theres always gonna be a way to level and who really care what people say chances are they look like this http://www.ripten.com/wp-content/upl...wow-sunder.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Punktate View Post
    Friends are overrated, acquaintances ftw.

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/...rs/troll-1.jpg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Im not saying goodbye cause ur not leaving
    Quote Originally Posted by Punktate View Post
    Friends are overrated, acquaintances ftw.

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/...rs/troll-1.jpg

Guardian of Alterra DawnInfinity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

You'll be missed greatly, Furrawn. ):
    *Follow my blog, and I'll love you forever *
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    She's not hot, she's sexy. Sexy steph
    Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    does it matter? we all praise and adore your presence, may your light fall upon our eyes...