Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: <Elite Runners> Recruiting Members

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalizer View Post
    Sure thx . I totally understand , the thing is that I'm in Australia and most of you guys are in America so we're usually on at different times :/

I have 'decent' gear lol just wondering what are considered decent stats for a rogue?
    I totally want to improve my playing style and build which I find sadly lacking thus my desire to join this guild
    Open the spoiler on the original thread (below the ER crest). Pm any of our officers to request try outs, if a warrior (probably me) is trying you out I will simply shout out your major stats (damage, dps, dex, armor) in /o and see how it compares. My ideal is 60%+ of an officer's stats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Open the spoiler on the original thread (below the ER crest). Pm any of our officers to request try outs, if a warrior (probably me) is trying you out I will simply shout out your major stats (damage, dps, dex, armor) in /o and see how it compares. My ideal is 60%+ of an officer's stats.
    What about me ? I'm a rogue IGN: Quirkyas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

What about me ? I'm a rogue IGN: Quirkyas
    Our current recruiting policy (to clarify as best I can):

1) contact us to try out (we are not actively hunting peopleat pier to join us). Pls PM me or any officer to try out, NOT a random friends request (we get so many your intentions are unclear).
    *be patient 60% of the time I'm logged on I'm in elite, and another 10-20% of the time I'm in PvP. Aka: if we say "sec in run" reply "kk" and we will get back to you when convienent.

2) we will request you to join our party so we can inspect your stats.

3) if your stats are up to standard (not a hard standard, but does filter many people who are not elite material).

4) (if you pass inspection) we will take you on an elite run to test your current skill. Based on that performance the officer in the party (if multiple they vote) will either invite you to the guild or tell you what is preventing your current acceptance (this is constructive critizism and is not intended to insult you).

5) you may try out more than once, just don't try daily please.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Alrisaia View Post
    Get with one of us. We are definitely on the lookout for new meat shields I attract a lot of rogues :P
    Had my first runs last night (this morning) with Queen, Whuk & Rain and a few others. Guess I made a good meat stick cause I‘m in. Thanks all! Look forward to running with you all.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bezbear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

YAAAAAYYYYYY!!!! My artfactory is currently best Art thread in AL STS Forum section!!! Got the most views and replies!!! :3 Check this out!!!

We shall unite in party and sadness..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Missed farming with you guys. Been getting the worst connection the last few days until now. Always getting disconnected every time I try. Couldn't even finish rooks nest. -.- might be because of the phone I'm using now. I accidentally dropped my s3 when I got off the car and the screen got shattered so I borrowed my gf's extra phone which is HTC one x. I'll be buying s4 next week. For now I'll just be roaming around arlor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bezbear View Post
    Had my first runs last night (this morning) with Queen, Whuk & Rain and a few others. Guess I made a good meat stick cause I‘m in. Thanks all! Look forward to running with you all.
    Welcome. Sorry for the delayed response - I'm am semi retired atm.

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Sorry I'm not on a lot. All my bros, except one, outside game (including me) have October birthdays. Been a little preoccupied, exspect me back to my usual activity levels around the 26th (next week should be a decent amount of time too).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Recently <Elite Runners> underwent a structural reorganization. We lost many members in the process. During this process I reflected upon what we accomplished as a guild and I am very proud. In one season, we achieved greatness, and we had some of the best players in the game interested in our guild’s processes and our running strategies. Alas, while my vision for the guild was to provide a home for end game elite running players, I realize now that it was a flawed vision and ultimately caused our guild to become top heavy.

For those who left and are lost without a home, please feel free to come back. For those who have a home, I wish you the best and harbor no ill will.

To those who stuck with the guild and are committed to rebuilding, I thank you.

My leadership team and I met last night and discussed our guild’s vision and how best to proceed, and thus we have established a new guild charter and vision.

Guild Vision
    We are stewards of the Arcane Legends, ushering players who have reached the level cap or cap -1 into the elite and end-game territory, helping them to learn end game content, and preparing them for what lies ahead.

GM
    Currently I am the GM of Elite Runners, however this is subject to change.

Trainers
    Officers are trainers and are committed to helping others achieve their in game goals and teach them everything we know.
    Each officer is permitted to have up to 3 players in which they provide their sponsorship. All officers will help to assist and train all members. Thus, each officer will be responsible for the training and development of 3 additional players.

Members
    Members are those who have a sponsor and are in training. We have a 90 day retention policy in place for these members. Members who join have no requirements other than being capable of entering elite maps (cap -1).
    We do request that if you plan to go inactive to inform us, we will hold your spot, however we will fill it with others as well.
    We will offer 90 days of training, in which time members will learn how to run elite, about spec, and about strategy for the best maps to farm. Once that timeframe is up, members will have the following options:

Move on – you may leave the guild, at which point we will send you off with a party and a gift to move on to an elite farming guild where you can farm your heart out and earn the best gear in the game and be a LB player or whatever it is you desire.

Stay and be a Trainer – this is a major commitment and not for everyone. Basically our trainers sacrifice fast elite runs for runs in which take a lot of time to complete and it’s not a good way to farm and get the best gear in the game.

If anyone is interested in joining, please look at the original post in this thread for a list of officers and contact one of us by /t:
    Last edited by Alrisaia; 10-16-2013 at 07:15 AM.

<Elite Runners>

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Alrisaia For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

All current members, new and old, and anyone in the community who is interested in our guild:

Make sure to send me a PM in game or on the forums for access to our guild's forum group. We highly encourage all Elite Runners members to join the group for support - you don't have to be heavily active in any discussions. It is currently being rebuilt due to the recent reorganization of the guild. However, as of today it is now a public group for anyone in the AL community to view and learn from. It has several great guides you can use to expand and/or improve your play style - so enjoy!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/group.php?groupid=908
    Last edited by Taejo; 10-15-2013 at 03:32 PM.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Best wishes to you and your hardworking guild.

Chivalrous Union sends their best to you as well. Good luck on recovery!
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ebezaanec For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

all the best and hope you guys succeed .
    I really admire your vision and if I do get to join I'll try my best to promote it

All the best for you guys

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tantalizer For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    All the best Alri and Elite Runners... you guys have been an inspiration to me to run elites hard and run them well. Hope you guys continue the good work you have done sincs the guild came into existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    Best wishes to you and your hardworking guild.Chivalrous Union sends their best to you as well. Good luck on recovery!
    All the best for you guys
    I am running out of thanks recently and so let me thank you for your support, guys. It is highly needed, appreciated and I hope we can pay it back one day

I want to thank to all those that (re-)joined us recently and who committed to have fun at bringing the guild back to where it belongs, that is, making it a respectable guild of pro players who introduce talented players with moderate gear into Elite Realms. I will not repeat the vision - you can find it in Alri's post above.

I want to use this place to encourage our new members a bit - we are aware of the fact that despite slow growth, the guild is much more silent than it was prior to changes on the last Friday.

We all officers are doing our best to be online for you as much as possible but of course we are also mostly working people with RL obligations.

So, I wanted to give you some tips what you can do if you can't get a party for the moment, so that you are not bored:

Do your daily quests in Shuyal maps
    First, you get XP for your toon and your pets. Second, you get some gold for the quest. Third, if you have Lepre or Luck elixir there is a decent drop rate of crates from mobs and from bosses. (That's no promise tho )

Run Kraken Mines 3
    Before you plunge into mines, I recommend this great guide by Alf:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...arming-(Guide)
    Hint: Don't wait for ages for the 4th member of the party. If you are 3 DPS toons or even 1 tank and 2 DPS, dont hesitate to start and perhaps kill Harley first and then bring Fran to Stone.
    Again, KM3 gives you kills, XP for you and your pets, and some crate chance (I better not comment my luck in KM3 recently ). I open all pirate chests I get but if you need gold, check how much are the chests worth.

Hint: To make the mission less boring, you can cycle through the maps, for example:

1) KM3
    2) Zone out to Brackenridge, kill Jarl and the minions behind him
    3) Zone out to Windmore harbor, kill Skull (or whatever the name of the small boss is) and Bluecrab (chance to spawn Bael)
    4) Back to KM3, repeat

You can modify the route as you please, if you'd rather like to spawn Krunch, add Oltgar Keep or Mariner's Reef into the route plan.

Which brings me too...
    Farm Brunch
    Yes, that's how I call the Bael/Krunch duo about which many positive and negative posts were written. As for me, I did not like how Elite Runners changed into Brunch Runners but I understand that for many players those runs were the cheapest way (in terms of gold, not time) how to get the equipment that was of importance for them.
    It is known that they spawn in the same maps as before, only they spawn after you kill the boss. Nice thing is that you have multiple chance for decent drop in some maps.

For example, Oltgar Keep normal:
    1) Chance for crate from mobs or boss (especially if you have some reroll item)
    2) Chance for Kelvin Egg from Frostir
    3) Chance for Golden Warchest (a bit of gold or chance for some moderate loot)
    4) Chance to spawn Krunch, which can eventually drop very nice things for you
    Note: If you run in a solo party (you invited "000" in any town), Krunch can be very hard to defeat for you. Look for guildies or friends who can join you for the fight. I think no one refuses this invitation

Now, if you like Elite runs and you are reasonably geared, you can try to solo or PUG the following maps:

Brackenridge Forest
    Chance for Kettle Egg

Brackenridge - Jarl
    Chance for Loki's egg

Rooks Nest
    Chance for Malison egg
    Again, don't wait for ages for the 4th member to join. The map is easily done if you run trio and perhaps use the old classical pulls. We can teach you those. At Bael, kill first two groups of mobs and then run down to avoid the masters and rogues can use Nox to bring the health of Bael down for faster kill after he drops his shield. (btw, works with Krom in Shuyal too)

Lost Mage's Mine
    Chance for Wrathjaw or Snaggletooth egg, Elite Banded Golden Chest
    Although possible solo, you will have lower pot consumption if you run duo and use two classical pulls. Again, we can show you how if you don't know.
    Antee has a small loot table, hence the chance for Snaggle/Wrath egg is decent.

OK, so that would be some ideas for you new guys so that you are not bored in times of silent guild

Important note
    This post is meant as a help for our guildies, and I don't want to start discussion on any of the points I have put down. If you want to add something (very welcome) or correct me (even more welcome), please rather start a general discussion post (and add link to this post if you want). Or PM me and I will edit mistakes I have done but please don't hijack this thread as it is of a big importance for our guild. Thank you
    Last edited by KingMartin; 10-16-2013 at 06:42 AM.

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KingMartin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Allow me to expand on Kings post above:

Elite Forest, Elite Brackenridge and Elite Rooks Nest are good places to improve your skills and technique. At this point, capped players should be able to solo these three maps easily, as the mobs don't hit particularly hard, and your damage/hp/armor should be sufficiently high that you won't get overwhelmed.

For several seasons, I ran these three maps a lot, mostly solo, so I could tweak my build, figure out how to stack damage most effectively, how/when to launch pet arcane, etc. The training that I went through on these maps have direct implications on how you can be most effective in more challenging maps that Nordr and Shuyal offer.

Rooks Nest, and Lost Mages Mine (LMM), in particular are where I really developed the Nox Box technique, resulting in me being able to solo even more challenging maps in Kraken. LMM is exceptionally good for developing Nox and crowd control skills because it is really, really easy to gather an enormous mob, at which point, it could be difficult to manage such a mass, so training here is effective because there are no snare/stun/root enemies and no environmental concerns like in Nordr and Shuyal. Even Sorcerers can improve their crowd control skills here and master Fireball>Clock>Ice rotations because there are several choke-points which can be used to your advantage.

Then, for you Rogues who believe that you have mastered the Nox Box, give Elite Southern Seas a try (solo of course), and see if you have indeed mastered it. This map, in my mind is the ideal Nox setup because you will be overwhelmed using traditional attacks, but, due to the map setup, mobs are already contained and positioned perfectly for Nox poison. Plus, you have the added challenge of environmental attacks and a boss that hits reasonably hard...all packaged in a tight little map that essentially gives you free revives at the boss.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Thanks for quoting my humble guide.
    It seems you have covered most of low-level maps in arlour which the spillover effect is benefiting the community not just within the guild context so well done.

Ofc There are many hints,trick and tips even alternative pulls to the addition above.as part of the community reading this give us excellent guide and starting point of how to perform this on the field.

Whilst i admire the guild wealth of knowledge of tactical approach from brackeridge to kraken (maybe nordr and shuyal too) i take this opportunity to thank you for such inspiring and humble write ups on behalf of the community.may this serve as a good avenue for those who seek knowledge and guidance off game.

Cheers and all the best
    semi-retired

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alfai For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alfai View Post
    Ofc There are many hints,trick and tips even alternative pulls to the addition above.as part of the community reading this give us excellent guide and starting point of how to perform this on the field.
    Alf, Thank you for your nice wishes and also thank you for not hijacking this thread

Yes, I am aware that those basic hints and tips are not what end-gamers (especially those who run for leaderboards) do, but you correctly understood that this is rather a guide for a lvl 35 guild newbie with legendary gear who can't get party at the moment, because the consolidation of the guild is keeping us really busy and I so I wanted to help in this way a bit.

Most of us (probably all) do not have individual egoistic goals - we have fun at teaching and assisting others. I have mentioned many times in this forum that the word "fun" is individual. We gathered people who get a kick out of seeing former "noob" (I hate this word, as couple of months ago before I met Alri I was a noob myself) - of seeing former noob lead successful elite run.

Thanks again for all your kind words and support guys. See you in the game

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alfai View Post
    Thanks for quoting my humble guide.
    Alfai, with your permission I'd like to post your LMM guide on our public, guild group page for extra visibility within the community. Our guild vision is much different than before, but we're still dedicated to helping players become effective and efficient elite map runners. We learn from others as well, because we are not superior in any way. That is why I appreciate your guide and would like to post it on our page

Elite Runners Group Page: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/group.php?groupid=908

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    Alfai, with your permission I'd like to post your LMM guide on our public, guild group page for extra visibility within the community. Our guild vision is much different than before, but we're still dedicated to helping players become effective and efficient elite map runners. We learn from others as well, because we are not superior in any way. That is why I appreciate your guide and would like to post it on our page

Elite Runners Group Page: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/group.php?groupid=908
    Its nothing just an average guide but ill be honored.thanks tae
    semi-retired

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Great Guild, Pure skills and full of intelligent and caring people. Love you guys and if you need any help in elite add Opgasm.

-Crem <3

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Cremated For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Thanks for the best wishes and the bumps Crem & Alfai

<Elite Runners>