Thread: Do item and character levels really matter?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Question Do item and character levels really matter?

I have a 29 bear that uses a shield, and of all the weapons I have that can be used with a shield the Conquerer's Board and Nail provide the highest dps. Given the fact that there is a 20 level differential between the character and the weapon would this result in statistical inaccuracies such as the hit percentage being off because of use against mobs that are sooooo many levels higher than what the item is intended for? Just wondering because I don't know the various formulas that go into calculating the physics behind the game, and whether or not something such as this would make a difference or not.

Dnlitndone - 76 Bear / Ronbeargundy - 1 Bear
    Imyobabymama - 76 Mage / Imyobabydaddy - 72 Bird
    Abnormalities - 71 Fox / Dnlitndonetwo - 53 Rhino
    Tinytwinkmage - 5 Mage / Finaljeopardy - 38 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon Jean-Claude View Post
    I have a 29 bear that uses a shield, and of all the weapons I have that can be used with a shield the Conquerer's Board and Nail provide the highest dps. Given the fact that there is a 20 level differential between the character and the weapon would this result in statistical inaccuracies such as the hit percentage being off because of use against mobs that are sooooo many levels higher than what the item is intended for? Just wondering because I don't know the various formulas that go into calculating the physics behind the game, and whether or not something such as this would make a difference or not.
    Hit percentage does not scale to level if that's what you mean. Although mobs dodge may increase map by map.
    One thing that would become more noticeable is that dps will matter less. Because enemy mobs will have a higher armor rating.
    Think of it this way, dps is how much you MIGHT do in that time frame. What makes more difference often is the damage range as opposed to the dps. A high dps that has a low damage value will not make it past the armor of the target sometimes.
    Against mobs it's not so noticable, against bosses ( king and queen in the sewers comes to mind) it makes a huge difference.

Here is the advanced mechanics guide, parts vii and x, are relevant to your question.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ght=boss+guide
    Last edited by Suentous PO; 04-19-2013 at 02:18 AM. Reason: My memory bank was robbed

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    Hit percentage does not scale to level if that's what you mean. Although mobs dodge may increase map by map.
    One thing that would become more noticeable is that dps will matter less. Because enemy mobs will have a higher armor rating.
    Think of it this way, dps is how much you MIGHT do in that time frame. What makes more difference often is the damage range as opposed to the dps. A high dps that has a low damage value will not make it past the armor of the target sometimes.
    Against mobs it's not so noticable, against bosses ( king and queen in the sewers comes to mind) it makes a huge difference.

Here is the advanced mechanics guide, parts vii and x, are relevant to your question.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ght=boss+guide
    Thank you so much for your helpful explaination. You thoroughly answered my question.

Dnlitndone - 76 Bear / Ronbeargundy - 1 Bear
    Imyobabymama - 76 Mage / Imyobabydaddy - 72 Bird
    Abnormalities - 71 Fox / Dnlitndonetwo - 53 Rhino
    Tinytwinkmage - 5 Mage / Finaljeopardy - 38 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Anytime, have fun and happy hunting!