Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 7 days x2 XP Elixir timer running while in town

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default 7 days x2 XP Elixir timer running while in town

I bought 7 days x2 XP elixir before and still had a couple of days left in it since I already capped at 26. I just noticed that after the update, the timer still runs when I'm in town. Prior to the update, the timer doesn't run once inside the town. Is this an oversight?

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hi Mochi,

This was a bug fix. The intent of the 7 day xp elxirs was that it would last for 7 consecutive calendar days. If you bought it on Monday, you should have had until next Monday to make use of it.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hi Mochi,

This was a bug fix. The intent of the 7 day xp elxirs was that it would last for 7 consecutive calendar days. If you bought it on Monday, you should have had until next Monday to make use of it.
    Are you serious? I have the elixir on all 3 of my toons. If this was a bug, shouldn't it have been fixed, ya know, back when the level cap was 16?? This is really uncool on your part, and something should be done for those that have it on multiple characters.

And no, the argument that it "was just a bug" 6 months after the fact doesn't cut it. If that is the case, please reimburse players that purchased it!
    The extremes STS is going to to take liberties with the player base is ridiculous. What's next? I send you my plat Amex number so you can take yourselves out to dinner when I log in to the game?
    <Khylara 41 Rogue> The Collective

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

That would be nice, I had week long on all of my characters because I heard on the forums that it didnt ware off, I got the message my elixir wore off on my warrior, so I started to level my mage, and that one wore off to, darn no more plat left

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Well, I guess it is one of those bugs that no one wanted to report, so it went overlooked for a while.

As you can tell from the name, the intent of the elixir was to always expire after 7 days continuous calendar days. You got to enjoy the benefits of the bugged 7 day elixir for a long time. We hope you enjoyed it and apologize for the miss-set expectations.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Khylan View Post
    Are you serious? I have the elixir on all 3 of my toons. If this was a bug, shouldn't it have been fixed, ya know, back when the level cap was 16?? This is really uncool on your part, and something should be done for those that have it on multiple characters.

And no, the argument that it "was just a bug" 6 months after the fact doesn't cut it. If that is the case, please reimburse players that purchased it!
    The extremes STS is going to to take liberties with the player base is ridiculous. What's next? I send you my plat Amex number so you can take yourselves out to dinner when I log in to the game?
    Please give them a break. I think that this was quite obviously a bug. It would have been foolish to think that this elixer would have lasted for 168 hours of dungeon time. This equates to 672 15min 2x XP elixers, and is defintely no where comparible to what that would have cost. Most poeple will never even play this game that much. I am pretty much addicted to this game, playing several hours each day, and I have have not even come close to running this elixer out since the last level cap. This was a "seven day" elixer, not a lifetime elixer.

Also, if you have ever played any of the other STS games, the 7 day elixers lasted just that: 7 days of real life, not of playing time...
    Last edited by drgrimmy; 04-19-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I guess it is one of those bugs that no one wanted to report, so it went overlooked for a while.

As you can tell from the name, the intent of the elixir was to always expire after 7 days continuous calendar days. You got to enjoy the benefits of the bugged 7 day elixir for a long time. We hope you enjoyed it and apologize for the miss-set expectations.
    I don't mean to get anyone in trouble, I was merely looking for clarification. I just want to point out that it does say 7 days in a row, however, it did not clearly state that it was 7 "calendar days" in a row (I just checked the store and my avatar). I was under the impression that the chronological count would have to do with the actual minutes/hours/days logged on (which kinda made sense to me). If the expiration is based on actual "calendar" days, then please state that clearly in the description. I didn't log on that much prior to the update since I was saving the remaining days/hours of my elixir for the Nordr update. When I am on, I mostly spent my time in the town instead of hunting.

I wasn't aware that it was a bug since when you read the information on other elixirs there's a statment that says: "Elixirs are "paused" when you are in town - so buy them anytime!" - the fact that it doesn't specify which elixir, doesn't this statement cover all timed elixirs in general?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

If you are capped then it shouldn't run down. The elixir is useless at that point. Also its very deceptive to change it without announcing it and everyone knew this is how it worked. So if you bought it and they change it without saying anything then its like a bait and switch. If you're not happy about it then ask for a refund because they shouldn't change something after you have purchased it. That is just wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    If you are capped then it shouldn't run down. The elixir is useless at that point. Also its very deceptive to change it without announcing it and everyone knew this is how it worked. So if you bought it and they change it without saying anything then its like a bait and switch. If you're not happy about it then ask for a refund because they shouldn't change something after you have purchased it. That is just wrong.
    ill post it here too...

Quote Originally Posted by H2N View Post
    • The expiry timer for Elixirs granted by Shazbot and Klaas will always count down, even if you log out of the game. Note that this is NOT the case for Elixirs bought from the store.
    Supposedly purchased elixers aren't sopposed to count down, and yes I did ask for a refund. This explains why no one reported it.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Well I totally believe you that it's a bug. It seemed really strange to me that you guys would do that. That being said, there were a number of threads and posts about it. So, bring that there was no response, I just figured, for some reason it was something strange you guys decided to do.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default 7 days x2 XP Elixir timer running while in town

I noticed this at 16 cap when I bought never ran out when I was offline or in town. Can't believe u guys fixed this, it made playing so much better.

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

we will change the description in the next update to reflect that the 7 Day elixir counts down while offline. Thanks guys!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Misrepresentation of product is a viable reason to dispute credit card charges. I purchased these elixirs at level 1 on all my characters.

I get that it may have been a bug, but it is naive to think no one at STS noticed this or that it has never once been mentioned in 6 months, especially after the 7 day was heavily pushed prior to each double exp event. It's not the cost, it's the point.

Arcane Legends is a great game, but things like this, in addition to other things like the fiasco of Arcane/Mythic upgrades is pissing off your customer base. I bet plat purchasing has declined recently, am I wrong? So what to do? Come up with ways to charge people more?

IT people aren't in sales/ customer relations for a reason...they are terrible at it. No matter how great your product is if you treat people that are giving you money like crap they will leave. You need to look at the big picture and not be so short sighted..would it really be that big of a deal to leave existing 7 day elixirs alone and have the changes for future purchases? Would it be game breaking to let all the people who have spent huge amounts of money trying to get the Arcane Hooks be able to upgrade it? It's super rare!! When you take away someone's hope they'll lose all incentive to try.
    <Khylara 41 Rogue> The Collective

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Can we ask for a refund? And get it refunded?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

So pretty sure a while back when STS changed how elixirs ran you said that any platinum purchased elixirs WOULD NOT run in town only in combat zones? So what is 7 day xp elixir bought with gold.. or platinum? Hmm... Now your telling us 'It was an overlooked bug'?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    we will change the description in the next update to reflect that the 7 Day elixir counts down while offline. Thanks guys!
    How about instead of it running offline you actually let it run for 7 days in-game time? I cannot believe not a single person nor employee didn't report this 'overlooked' bug.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    ill post it here too...

Supposedly purchased elixers aren't sopposed to count down, and yes I did ask for a refund. This explains why no one reported it.
    Totally true. There would be nothing to report because you guys said Elixirs bought would NOT count down in towns.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos:1059387

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    ill post it here too...

Quote Originally Posted by H2N View Post
    • The expiry timer for Elixirs granted by Shazbot and Klaas will always count down, even if you log out of the game. Note that this is NOT the case for Elixirs bought from the store.
    Haha good find ik i saw it somewhere to want refund

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I actually thought it was 7 days of actual play in dungeons is how I thought it worked. I would be pretty mad if I had it on multiple characters at the same time.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

It's time to poke some holes.

Misrepresentation of product is a viable reason to dispute credit card charges. I purchased these elixirs at level 1 on all my characters.
    They didn't misrepresent any product you purchased with your credit card. You purchased platinum, you got platinum. You have nothing to dispute with your credit card company.

I get that it may have been a bug, but it is naive to think no one at STS noticed this or that it has never once been mentioned in 6 months, especially after the 7 day was heavily pushed prior to each double exp event. It's not the cost, it's the point.
    You must be a master programmer, either that or you know nothing about programming. There have been bugs found in the Linux kernel that existed for over 10 years, MS only stopped finding and fixing bugs in XP because they finally gave up on it and pushed people into their newer OS. You think 6 months is a long time to discover and repair a bug?

Arcane Legends is a great game, but things like this, in addition to other things like the fiasco of Arcane/Mythic upgrades is pissing off your customer base. I bet plat purchasing has declined recently, am I wrong? So what to do? Come up with ways to charge people more?
    I'm going to bet, you're wrong. What fiasco of arcane/mythic upgrades? My helm is still better than anything released thus far. There is something new coming for the helm and armor in the next expansion, we don't know what it is yet. If fixing bugs and releasing hard to get gear (which many players have asked for, and gives something to strive for after the first week of release) pisses off players... then every game in existence must be terrible.

IT people aren't in sales/ customer relations for a reason...they are terrible at it. No matter how great your product is if you treat people that are giving you money like crap they will leave. You need to look at the big picture and not be so short sighted..would it really be that big of a deal to leave existing 7 day elixirs alone and have the changes for future purchases? Would it be game breaking to let all the people who have spent huge amounts of money trying to get the Arcane Hooks be able to upgrade it? It's super rare!! When you take away someone's hope they'll lose all incentive to try.
    You got what you paid for, an elixir that lasts for 7 days. I never thought it would last for 7 days in dungeons, that would be ridiculous. I never noticed the bug, because it took me under a day to cap, and I removed the elixir after that as it served no purpose. I spent a lot of time and money getting my legendary gear too, maybe they should let me upgrade it. Oh, wait, they did, it's called NEW gear that I have to spend time and money getting. Those with arcane items don't need to do that, they still have the best gear for at least one more level cap.