Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Seriously????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

I for one apreciate the added difficulty of the "Frreze" factor and the hit hitting bosses. I have "Soloed" the new bosses and yes they are frustrating as heck. Though I like to consider myself a "pro", one should expect STS to kick things up even if one considers themselves as such. In plan English, always level before exoloring new content...especially when devs openly suggest it. I promise you if you go into any new content at lvl 29+ you should be able to hold your own. If not, you should travel with a proper party (ign: Zuzeq...hint hint).
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Let me guess you solo'd em in 15 mins or less too?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hi Bullox,

The addition of the Firefly elixir was a something the team put in just this week. The entire campaign was designed without it in mind. You can dodge the frost, just as you can maneuver around Red Boss hit cones. Really, the Firefly is more of a vanity thing, in that you also show off the golden sparkly that swirls around you.

If you really feel you need it, I would say get better at positioning your character.

The content is also built with end game characters and gear in mind. Level up and gear up and get to know the boss strategies. If you are rushing to the end and expecting the NPCs to just fall over and shower Mythics on you, we'll I am sorry, they won't.

The Firefly elixir is a premium, optional convenience and vanity addition. You can play to the end of the game and obtain the very best gear without it. Something from another post that might fit in here:
    I buy A LOT of platinum between me and my girlfriend. So you're all welcome

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  252.3 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Cremated View Post
    I'm sure it is there! but im asking if anyone can take a picture because im level 7 Atm :P
    There you go Cremated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Yeah I like the fire bug elixir but could you guys, sts add a daily quest from the watchman that gives you the firebug after you finish the quest? That would be much more helpful

Elner [Level 40 Mage]

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Elner For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

i like the new content coz this time when i fight bossses i feel like actually fighting a boss.
    guys boss is wat boss do. u need sme strategy.
    "no pain no gain"
    now stop making rant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Still wish they give you a daily quest to get firebug elixir for 15 minutes maybe

Elner [Level 40 Mage]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Honestly I'm already getting bored with this repetitive game, despite that certain typically addictive gameplay elements in the game keep me playing here and there. As a mage I die a lot, and I refuse to burn plats on reviving, while this frostbite spider one hit kills me when I stand BEHIND him, outside of the red cone. Also maybe it's just me, but avoiding that cone is hard by itself, unless maybe you have a speed elixir to run out of range on time.

Taking strolls through these levels in nordr over and over again and taking more than an hour to kill these bosses is frankly mind-numbing and soul-draining (while hoping I don't get one shotted at the very end). Maybe it'll help if I level up as I'm level 26, but also that is a boring grind. I'd recommend the Monster Hunter series for it's engaging boss battles, though it's not an MMORPG.
    Last edited by TyrionLannister; 04-21-2013 at 12:54 AM.
    Everythings better with some wine in the belly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    The Firefly elixir is a premium, optional convenience and vanity addition. You can play to the end of the game and obtain the very best gear without it. Something from another post that might fit in here:
    Just found out there's such thing...

but... is there a way to destroy the ice patches in elite ? its possible during the normal mods .... or maybe that's part of the challenge ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGunX View Post
    i like the new content coz this time when i fight bossses i feel like actually fighting a boss.
    guys boss is wat boss do. u need sme strategy.
    "no pain no gain"
    now stop making rant.
    you have a point. elite mode i can understand. but normal maps? nope.

still its sts decision. i figure the freezing feature is an added way for them to make money and purposely put there to frustrate players and eventually have them get the firebug elixir

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Wow come on Sam dont do this for this game 15plat to not be frozen dont do things like this, you know very well that you are aiming for those leaderboards junkies on this one, i for one have my name on 20-40 time runs in LB.. Dont do something like this sam it just ruins the essence of game .. Let us be competetive and fight over leaderboard w/o things like this .. Having extra damage extra speed extra def is enough dont put things like this this is just cheeky .. Come on man

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sc0tt nai1z View Post
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  252.3 KB

There you go Cremated
    Is it permanent vanity?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

No it's just a light that goes around you. It lasts 1 hour

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Heck no...lol. I died like 10 times against the Wolf and even more against that stupid Spider...lol. With every death you learn something though. Then you "groove" into a strategy, once you get that hint of swag about you(confidence) it shall fall
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

i dont see the issues you guys are having, i have 7 chest drops since expansion, three of them gold. If you have ever played any sts game, you might have to kill miner 30 times to get the elite drop he had.. You might have to run through dark caverns and kill the queen like 20 times to get the dark gear (and those bosses were WAY harder than elite) you might get lucky and get it on your first try... also are you using luck elixer?? try it out, it helps.... The reason its taking you guys so long is YOUR GEAR!! I dont know how else to stress that... your not going to stroll in with average 26 gear and blast through the levels... I have lvl 30 armor, lvl 31 weapon, mythic helm, and i can easily kill any elite level in 15-25 mins. (have not done crystal caverns elite yet) I think there is also a reason they didnt put achievement for crystal caverns elite as it would be pretty hard.. as far as hauntlet.. one person has done it by themselves in 2 mins, a group shouldnt take 4. Im glad they made it harder , too many people are getting very easy pve kills. I killed the final boss with me another tank and one rouge... just a three man team on elite without the much needed dps, and we still got it done....AS they mentioned above there is strategy to every boss.. (try pulling alpha to the bridge **hint hint***) , dont kill pigs in maneater, he does it for you... etc... talk to your guildies and figure out strategy.... ( this is so simlar to lvl 31 cap in sl, with the director, everybody complained how long it took to kill him), the thing was you had to jump on the portals and disable him to wound him... it wasnt just hack and slash... minor would one hit you every time... lol you had to NOT HIT him and let him blow himself up... lol Lastly please dont complain about how long it takes to cap... sts is being very generous, i think its CAKE to cap in AL. we hve tombs, hauntlet, mines etc. IN every other game, we didnt have that luxury, you had to level up in the level, imagine trying to level up with crap gear in a level thats made for end game gear?? i lvld in 2 days to 31... lvl 31 in star legends sloucho campaihn took damn near 1-2 months (im not exagerating) imagine 26000k, but you only get 25k in one level(think it was a total of 150xp for whole campaign start to finish...)
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    i dont see the issues you guys are having, i have 7 chest drops since expansion, three of them gold. If you have ever played any sts game, you might have to kill miner 30 times to get the elite drop he had.. You might have to run through dark caverns and kill the queen like 20 times to get the dark gear (and those bosses were WAY harder than elite) you might get lucky and get it on your first try... also are you using luck elixer?? try it out, it helps.... The reason its taking you guys so long is YOUR GEAR!! I dont know how else to stress that... your not going to stroll in with average 26 gear and blast through the levels... I have lvl 30 armor, lvl 31 weapon, mythic helm, and i can easily kill any elite level in 15-25 mins. (have not done crystal caverns elite yet) I think there is also a reason they didnt put achievement for crystal caverns elite as it would be pretty hard.. as far as hauntlet.. one person has done it by themselves in 2 mins, a group shouldnt take 4. Im glad they made it harder , too many people are getting very easy pve kills. I killed the final boss with me another tank and one rouge... just a three man team on elite without the much needed dps, and we still got it done....AS they mentioned above there is strategy to every boss.. (try pulling alpha to the bridge **hint hint***) , dont kill pigs in maneater, he does it for you... etc... talk to your guildies and figure out strategy.... ( this is so simlar to lvl 31 cap in sl, with the director, everybody complained how long it took to kill him), the thing was you had to jump on the portals and disable him to wound him... it wasnt just hack and slash... minor would one hit you every time... lol you had to NOT HIT him and let him blow himself up... lol Lastly please dont complain about how long it takes to cap... sts is being very generous, i think its CAKE to cap in AL. we hve tombs, hauntlet, mines etc. IN every other game, we didnt have that luxury, you had to level up in the level, imagine trying to level up with crap gear in a level thats made for end game gear?? i lvld in 2 days to 31... lvl 31 in star legends sloucho campaihn took damn near 1-2 months (im not exagerating) imagine 26000k, but you only get 25k in one level(think it was a total of 150xp for whole campaign start to finish...)
    in sl was it different there was new maps to lvl up with every campain and u droped gear which was actualy better in stats then what u were wearing. so it wasnt so hard then. in al gear u drop is not better. u need to buy one from cs or drop from crates.

agree that lvling in al is much easier and faster.
    i would like to for a change run a campain map to gain xp as running tombs for the 3rd season in row is ... ugh. and who will run those maps more then once? very few ppl. they just will farm elite.

i dont know in which post but sam mentioned that they want conntent to be actualy played. but this way?

i like that they added strategy to fight but even when u figure it still gives u hard time to beat a boss. on that spider in normal map i felt like fighting elite mother at lvl 16 cap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I had to register to comment on this. I know some hate it, but I looooove shadow piercer, but it's almost useless in Nordr. You have almost no way to avoid ice if you use SP. It basically robs rogues of one of their biggest hitting skills. Can't we have it so that shadow doesn't get iced? Ok, so maybe you don't want rogues just freely skating over ice - how about you only get iced if you *don't* make a hit, to prevent free navigation? Or failing that, how about you don't get iced *after* the first hit? Playing rogue is no fun without shadow for me, it's the main reason I love playing rogue.

Edit: I just ran some tests and it seems a bit random - sometimes you get iced, sometimes not, but I assume the intention is to ice you.
    Last edited by Naoavi; 04-21-2013 at 06:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

I can't skyward smash over ice either I get stopped in mid air lmao.. very lame
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer