Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: New content is hard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

Just try not to run bosses with PUGs. If you want to run a certain map in a decent time with lvl 25/26, you should make a party; you will see a big difference
    Jcyee: 76 PL Bear | 41 AL Warrior | 36 DL Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I played Everquest for a few years back in the day and these bosses feel like I am on a raid. Thats fine except that if I am going to blow an hour fighting a boss mob I think asking for a lil better loot isn't to much to ask for. I have yet to receive anything better than trash loot from ANYTHING in this new exp. For that matter I have only got 1 golden pirate chest from all my elite runs. This game is totally a buy plat to get rewards kind of game. If you don't have a reroll elixer...no chance. Blew through 1000 heath and prolly 150 mana pots to finish new exp. I paid 50$ for the plat offer when you 1st start, Thats ok but it feels like I need to keep spending to keep playing. I mean 8 plat so for an hr I don't get stuck on ice, 15 plat to open the crates that drop with really good gear but oh ya might not be for you!? 2plat right before boss drops so my green can be rerolled to a purple....naaa just a lil to much for me. STS you need to give a bit more and not take so much, you're getting to be like politicians and taxes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The-Sandman View Post
    They added new content they actuly want people to play. Their goal is not to have people cap and farming within hours of release...
    Oh.. but what we were told is that we have to get higher level and gear up to play the new normal maps. Maybe I misunderstood

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The-Sandman View Post
    They added new content they actuly want people to play. Their goal is not to have people cap and farming within hours of release...
    agree

Life is a game, boy. Life is a game that one plays according to the rules. J. D. Salinger The Catcher in the Rye
    Primary IGN: Elfwarden

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elf-Orc-Naga View Post
    agree
    Seem to be some conflicting arguments here.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It truly isnt that hard, I (at level 25) Beat grimnr before they added the patch lowering armor
    You just need to find a solid tank that can hold his own and when the boss uses AoE attacks, can use the shield from horn of renew to protect his teammates. Its all a matter of strategy. If you spam aimed shot you can make a fairly large dent with all of the other attacks. The only difference is that this requires thought process, not just bum-rushing bosses and killing them in 2-3 minutes.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HxC For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I waited I til I leveled up and bought level 30 gear before making this comment. I can't speak for everyone but I myself don't think the new content is very fun. I have 1020 armor and still get one shotted at the spider boss when I'm not even standing in the red zone. I also don't think constantly spamming pots is fun (especially when they cost so much gold). My damage is up to 230 with 520 aimed shot and it takes 15 minutes to beat a boss while using 75 mana pots. I wouldn't complain if getting killed didnt require me to spend plat or run all the way back to the boss. Most of the time while I'm running the rest of the group wipes so it takes even longer to do a run. I'm not even talking about elite mode, I'm talking about the regular maps. I thought this was a casual mmo? Im sure some will tell me I'm a noob or I'm a whinner (Sam may even accuse me of over generalizing) but the bottom line is I have played this game to have fun and I'm not having fun. It's nothing but frustrating to constantly spam pots and take so long to do one single run in a game that's designed to be casual. Someone send please send me a pm here on forums when the bosses get nerfed.
    Last edited by wvhills; 04-20-2013 at 07:36 PM.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TourneAsunder View Post
    That is my concern as well...at 53 ping I didn't expect to be hit so far outside of a red that I never was in range of at any point of the fight. Something is amiss with the cone not displaying the correct area or attack radius.
    This poses a question:

Does having higher ping times affect gameplay in critical situations such as fighting the apparently depleted uranium armoured bosses now in play?

Despite now having an 80mbit connection at home I haven't seen a ping time below 108 (seems to average around 200) due to the data having to cross an ocean.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Cmon its not that hard ,it was hard when they were haywire,i run all the new maps with lvl26 gear and only annoying/hard was that frostir(dunno if that right) but thats becouse it one shotted me beond the red markers (some times it was so far that i didnt even see it..) But that was before the server reset so i hope its not like that anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Obviously enemies have zero ping in PvE, so every millisecond of ping is going to make it harder for you. You have to anticipate more, hit pots before you actually see yourself take damage etc. If your ping is high enough, you get killed without a chance, as lag spikes in wt4 can demonstrate.

This is a big problem with Alpha Wolf, I can't guess when he will reflect, but my finger is already on an attack most of the time it happens. What makes it harder, is that playing without sound, with everything going on, you can't tell when it happens even with (theoretical) zero ping. It doesn't look like the game gets play tested with realistic ping or with sound off at the moment! I am a sorcerer, and almost every attack I do will kill me. I'm not going to stand next to that boss just to see when he goes into reflect mode, I am not supposed to be in melee range of an enemy.

The red zone problem has been mentioned enough, I hope that gets fixed. The last boss has a quick couple of attacks that's very annoying, when he first pulls from long range and freezes you, then does his big 1 hit attack while you can't move. Okay, maybe there is some trick to that which I don't know yet.

Finally I agree with everyone who says this isn't just like last time around (hauntlet especially), and I don't see end game armour for sorcerers making the difference when warriors get killed in 1 hit already. Our armour in good level 31 intelligence equipment still looks to be lower than it was for rogues at level 26. Are we even expected to stay alive?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The bosses need tweaking. It's not fun getting OHK'd when you have over 1100 armor and 4000 health.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

For a second, I thought you were supporting the complainers just by reading the thread title! LOL
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

lol guess people really have to read the forums in order to get confirmation.

was frustrated with how easy i get 1 hit ko

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I am still angry at STS for screwing with the dynamics of the whole game by buffing all the old bosses - they could have given us a heads up BEFORE the change FFS, not mention it after we start complaining about things not being quite right.

I never had any aspirations to complete the elite levels because they're meant for those who have spent a lot of money and/or time acquiring the very top weapons/armour etc. to be able to defeat the elite bosses, but with the new bosses being as strong as elite bosses that's just not on IMHO as it doesn't give the average casual gamer a fighting chance.

This game is not as fun for me anymore.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaim Nail For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Content was fine when I went through it day one with warrior in just OK armor. Some challenge and thought, tactical approach, had fun. Then I tried it on my rogue and Sorceror who have better armor and weapons - death on a stick.

I'm all for challenge, but if I revive invulnerable for 5 plat, I should not be killed instantly by the spider camping my corpse again and again. The range of my skills is upgraded to max yet the spiders red range is further and he can pull me in from beyond his red range. Yes, I completed all content on those two but it was zero fun. It's warrior content.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Finaly got myself to lvl31 and did few elite runs and the mobs seemed faster to kill than on old elites?bosses still did some one shot kills but too much.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Mshemmo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

It has been a weekend of playing with luck elixer running in new zones. My pockets are full of smelly helms and non stick robes, a couple rerolls triggered mostly to more nonstick robes and other greens. Did get a couple chests, filled with greens and basic purples.
    I have gold, but there are no upgrades to what I'm wearing at my level in auction. Yet.. Devs expect me to gear and level before My mage and rogue can enjoy new content as much as my warrior already does?
    My warrior is the least geared up of my 3 and sails through those zones at 26. Mage and rogue just spend most time running back in and hoping warriors dont kill boss before getting back. Or spending plat.
    My warrior playing in all warrior group has been fastest trip through all zones, and that is fun - but this is unbalanced. I want to level up all 3 classes and do not think being told to grind in level 15 dungeons so that I can do it is a great answer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Okay leveled up to 30, blew all my money on a mythic hem and best armor, went in to kill the last boss in normal mode and my whole team keeps dying, i blew through a few thousand worth of potions. I don't forsee the average mobile gamer to ever play elite mode at this rate. It's not even fun when it's this hard anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

IMO the total run time for any non-elite map should be in the 5-10 minute range, including the boss, assuming the party moves at a good pace and doesn't die a lot. I don't mind difficulty and bosses that can one-shot kill as long as there's a sound strategy for beating them, like Gurgox and Vlod in PL, but if people are regularly spending 15 min or more just on the boss, that's too much for a non-elite map I think.
    Psyche, the totality of the human mind

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyche For This Useful Post:

Lady_Pebbles

Gear up... K.. Lets see....

New gear drops at new maps right? Besides, the level 26 gear has better stats than most level 30 & 31 gear (pinks) I've seen in the ah lol. Smh. Soooo, technicly we should be able to go through those maps on normal mode easily at 26-31 (easiest at 31 but still a bit of a challenge) with the level 26 gear & maybe even elite (if thqts the case).... Problem is, we got bosses that one hit kill you even when you're not on the red zones (when you're not lagging).

Also, I love a challenge, but this is turning a challenge into a nuisance. We're supposed to be having fun, not having a part time job completeing these maps on a "casual mobile mmo" without getting paid in the process lol.

#just sayin'
    #hrs_spent_on_1_map=boring,wageless,job

EDIT: I did all the new normal maps on my Mage at level 26. Did them again at 30. Its slightly easier but still get one hit killed despite switching to full hp gear of having 2.6k to 2.7k hp (around there with malison, orion, and ribbit). The gear also raises armor but idk how much it was. Also tried with a combination of dmg and hp gear (all with various pets again). Same results.

As for elite maps.. Pfft, I'll give it a shot but if its anything like Kraken on elite taking hrs to finish one map.... Then this is really getting old & annoying.

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 04-21-2013 at 06:36 PM.