Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Sorcerer feedback

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Default Sorcerer feedback

this thread is i would say mostly for you dear devs who can make the call and switch things up a little
    while the rougues have upgrades bonechill bows (bonechill was the best bow in kraken) and upgraded blades (incandescent) both coming from crates/chest
    the warriors have upgraded swrod and axe who were best at kraken (storm sword and captains axe) both coming from crates/chest

us mages have an upgraded gun that was a downgrade from the best kraken gun (oracle crystal > ice ribs), absolutely no useful staff coming from crates/chest
    as if we werent already suffering from not being op (and everyone knows that dont pretand not to).
    the only good staff we can find now is an elite boss staff which is cool but rare and much like the firesquid not many will obtain it.
    my question is why cant you make a good weapon like the good ol' flamestrike that comes from chests, why must we get a nerfed gun from crates?
    i want to see the ice ribs buffed and a new good sorc staff lvl 30-31 that can be looted from crates/chests.
    thnx =]

if we give enough attention to this matter changes might happen, i believe so and fml for caring so much lol.
    Last edited by matanofx; 04-22-2013 at 08:37 AM.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to matanofx For This Useful Post:

Maokaje

i definitely agree.
    mages has always been the weakest class but after this update it has gotten ridiculous.
    many of my mages friends quit due to that.
    its impossible to play if you dont use plat and cant afford the best armor or weapon.
    something should be done so playing a mage will be still fun.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matanofx View Post
    this thread is i would say mostly for you dear devs who can make the call and switch things up a little
    while the rougues have upgrades bonechill bows (bonechill was the best bow in kraken) and upgraded blades (incandescent) both coming from crates/chest
    the warriors have upgraded swrod and axe who were best at kraken (storm sword and captains axe) both coming from crates/chest

us mages have an upgraded gun that was a downgrade from the best kraken gun (oracle crystal > ice ribs), absolutely no useful staff coming from crates/chest
    as if we werent already suffering from not being op (and everyone knows that dont pretand not to).
    the only good staff we can find now is an elite boss staff which is cool but rare and much like the firesquid not many will obtain it.
    my question is why cant you make a good weapon like the good ol' flamestrike that comes from chests, why must we get a nerfed gun from crates?
    i want to see the ice ribs buffed and a new good sorc staff lvl 30-31 that can be looted from crates/chests.
    thnx =]

if we give enough attention to this matter changes might happen, i believe so and fml for caring so much lol.
    I can understand your anger but i can assure you give it time because while we are talking devs are probally at working re balancing classes and weapons or atleast thinking about it.. making these threads out of anger will just put Devs underpressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Maokaje View Post
    i definitely agree.
    mages has always been the weakest class but after this update it has gotten ridiculous.
    many of my mages friends quit due to that.
    its impossible to play if you dont use plat and cant afford the best armor or weapon.
    something should be done so playing a mage will be still fun.
    Actually the Sorcerer is not the weakest class. Tbh i think they are all of the same pro's and con's in there skills and abilitys but again.. give it some time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

[QUOTE=Cremated;1062815]I can understand your anger but i can assure you give it time because while we are talking devs are probally at working re balancing classes and weapons or atleast thinking about it.. making these threads out of anger will just put Devs underpressure.

im not trying to put anyone under pressure with this thread im just stating the obvious things i think and hope they will fix

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I had posted the same thing in another thread here. The sorcerer class is not weakest in PVE but they are for PVP. The PVP leader boards is more than enough proof to back this point up. Rogues dominate kills, warriors flags and mages deaths.

I do hope the devs feel the pressure because when warriors pressured they got results and fast from their nerf. I don't want to have to add to my death count further for this oversight. A sorcerers primary source for all of their damage has been nerfed in comparison to other classes and previous level caps. Even the procs on this new gun is inferior only procing from a charged attack.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

[QUOTE=matanofx;1062841]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cremated View Post
    I can understand your anger but i can assure you give it time because while we are talking devs are probally at working re balancing classes and weapons or atleast thinking about it.. making these threads out of anger will just put Devs underpressure.

im not trying to put anyone under pressure with this thread im just stating the obvious things i think and hope they will fix
    I know you dont intend to but intending isnt the key because you are.

Quote Originally Posted by jb57542 View Post
    I had posted the same thing in another thread here. The sorcerer class is not weakest in PVE but they are for PVP. The PVP leader boards is more than enough proof to back this point up. Rogues dominate kills, warriors flags and mages deaths.

I do hope the devs feel the pressure because when warriors pressured they got results and fast from their nerf. I don't want to have to add to my death count further for this oversight. A sorcerers primary source for all of their damage has been nerfed in comparison to other classes and previous level caps. Even the procs on this new gun is inferior only procing from a charged attack.
    Again they probably are trying to re balance classes.. patience is the key.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

[QUOTE=Cremated;1062860]
    Quote Originally Posted by matanofx View Post

I know you dont intend to but intending isnt the key because you are.

Again they probably are trying to re balance classes.. patience is the key.
    No offense intended but Mages have been patient for months. Within hours after warriors were nerfed I saw so many rage post it wasn't funny. They received a special patch within a day. I'm personally not going to rage post and threaten to quit but my patience as a paying customer is wearing thin.

If nobody post or talks about the issue nothing will be done because devs will prioritize the issue below others (I'm a software developer, I know). The old phrase "The squeaky will gets the grease" holds true 9 out of 10 times. I waited through another expansion to see an imbalanced situation get worse and I'm squeaking now.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jb57542 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

[QUOTE=jb57542;1062875]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cremated View Post

No offense intended but Mages have been patient for months. Within hours after warriors were nerfed I saw so many rage post it wasn't funny. They received a special patch within a day. I'm personally not going to rage post and threaten to quit but my patience as a paying customer is wearing thin.

If nobody post or talks about the issue nothing will be done because devs will prioritize the issue below others (I'm a software developer, I know). The old phrase "The squeaky will gets the grease" holds true 9 out of 10 times. I waited through another expansion to see an imbalanced situation get worse and I'm squeaking now.
    I do strongly understand, honestly.
    But if you think about it Sorcerer's time will come in the sorcerer expansion when Arcane item comes and its all about you Sorcerers so wait till then before making complaints ok?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My main is a Mage and I'm sorry to all the other mages but I dont feel the same way. As a Mage our job is a medic and crowd control. I worked hard to get the equipment I have running elites and working the CS to make money. My dps is nearly 310 and my dmg is just under 240. No it isn't the best but i do feel as though i play my role as crowd control and medic just fine.I do understand about PvP however. I don't even enter anymore I die enough as is in PvE. Our time will come when the next expansion comes out. I'm also sure the devs are working on or thinking about everything you are all saying. If you feel you aren't dealing enough dmg then respec to all dmg skills with no lifegiver or shield.

One more thing about plat, do the offers for it. Also you do not need plat for anything. Putting in the time will get you the items you want. Making friends to help you run elites, guilds for better deals, and playing the CS are going to be your best ways to achieve these end game items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

[QUOTE=Cremated;1062881]
    Quote Originally Posted by jb57542 View Post

I do strongly understand, honestly.
    But if you think about it Sorcerer's time will come in the sorcerer expansion when Arcane item comes and its all about you Sorcerers so wait till then before making complaints ok?
    Only time will tell. Unfortunately, the arcane sorcerer's item is not going to change anything for 99% of the sorcerers out there...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

mage crowd control..hm..they just cant handle all the attention they get

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well a good tank should have all aggro. Mage takes aggro when we use lifegiver and that is usually the only time I die, unless tank isn't taunting enough and I aggro mobs. Its all about having a good party who knows what they are doing and work well together. Find yourselves a steady group and I guarantee different results.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

If I remember correctly, oracle was a step back from watch rifle, and now ribs is a step back from oracle. I agree with mata and jb, we have been waiting for months, and haven't seen any sign of improvement. And grimmy's right, an arcane weapon only matters for a very lucky few.

And as for this just-be-patient mantra, nothing will change if we keep up the illusion that everyone's just fine with getting downgraded every season. No anger here, only a tiny smidgen frustration at times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

medic and crowd control... both very important things but tbh this game seriously lacks versatility if thats all mages are going to be good at, why can't mages be in the front lines, why can't we handle the heat? So many games are racists to mages lol, just wish there was a way for a mage to be like warriors or rogues and the same for the other classes. Sorcerers shouldn't equate to clerics, there should be sub-classes.. that would cause a lot of work to be done tho :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

thnx everyone for contributing to this matter.
    us mages really have been waiting patiently for months now and instead of getting buffed we're just getting nerfed
    i know atleast one dev have looked at this thread and read the comments, now please do something about it... this game is supposed to be fun and a medic class just isnt fun
    im pretty rich in game and my gear is pretty good as far as mage gear goes and still.. everyone knows how fast and easily we die.
    not to mention my main concern about the other classes weapon buff compared to the mages weapon nerf.
    devs please take care of this, please give us a good staff from crates/chests and none of that low dps low dmg staffs, please give us a decent gun with higher dmg and that doesnt only proc on a full charge.
    not asking for alot, just what the other classes already have.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to matanofx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Another thing is ive been called: smurf,dwarf,gnome and mini! Cant there be something making it clear that sorcerers are known as Nott!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Just for the developer, maybe you should make this game more balance, most of players here in AL has no capacity to buy platinums,

but dont think those players who not using platinums are not important in AL, like the players who making purchased in your platinum bundle...

IMO i think almost 70% players of AL dont use plat for their characters and they still played because AL was good game and challenging..

But do you think they still play when they saw the reality that AL in game character has imbalance class?

For example in PVP, Most rouges dominates the CTF Just Using Deprave Blades a quiet low price on the market, and some warriors too.. with nice armor def, HP boosting.

But look on the mages class what we got here? a staff not good in pvp and pve?

If you will advice us to buy like firesquid staff... you know how much the firesquid staff cost... most of us cant avail those kind of weapon...

And how about the skills? like lifegiver?.... we need to sacrifice to death every time we heal with lifegiver our fellow players on the party...

Simply because it attracts aggro...

Imagine guys the low def and low hp mages pull the mobs with that skill and after casting, Boom! instant death.

If mages dont want to get an instant death just buy plats and avail pets with good stats and buy again another plats pet and trade it to gold to have a mythic armors, helm and weapon so he can survived.

We all know you need those buyers of your platinum to make this game running, But pls give kind consideration to those players who not using plats.

Because we help this game to be more lively everytime some newbie entering windmore map looking for somebody to ask a few questions, helping them by telling which is the right way to do on leveling, give some golds for their pots.

Most of us tell to our friends this game was nice, and they tried it, and after a few hours of playing they pass the good news to others that AL was fun to play, we do that to attract more players to keep this game alive, and i hope guys you get my point.

What i say here what if 70% of players who dont used platinum dont play anymore, because of imbalance community?
    imbalance game, armor, skills, weapon etc etc.

The economy of this game will be goin down for sure, and the players left are those who spent their real money in game and if that happens maybe they started to ask themselves why they left us?

Its simply because those quitters can't play equally to those platinum user and all those players left in game starting to think... thats why most of players quit because of imbalance AL community
    Last edited by Totoymagic; 04-23-2013 at 11:27 AM. Reason: editing

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Totoymagic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Hope the devs give us attention regarding this matter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

This is exactly what I wanted to say, the rogues just dominate pvp and how about flags? WARRIORS! Mages? Hmmm.. Lets see, NOTHING! I do not want to be the medic class, supporting the group with heal and hiding behind, afraid to die while the rogues start killing and getting kills and the warriors starts mashing mobs with a hammer and gets kills too. Mages get.. DEATHS! Mods, please take a thought into this, maybe til the next expansions for sorc but either have a change of skills or improvement of skills and stats. Better weapons.. Watch Rifle gets worse -> Oracle gets worse -> Ice bibs (gets worse) -> until a weapon is the same as a splintered stick? We mages can't keep being the underdog, we should be just as strong as the warrior and as the rogue. I hope sts will do something about this fast, this can't wait until the sorcerer expansion, it has to be done now!

Elner [Level 40 Mage]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Other than being sniped by another Rogue, a lot of my deaths have come from Sorcerers. It seems that Clock is one of my worst enemies, whether dropped solely for me, or strategically placed in the middle of a group fight, the snare and DoT are quite effective.

Often times when I see a Sorc and press an attack I usually get a Fireball to the face, a Clock dropped on my head, a shot of Lightning and an Ice Bolt before I die. Many times, the stuns from these skills leave me unable to retaliate, so I just watch helplessly while a Sorc nukes me to death.

Remember that Sorcs seem to have this uncanny ability to spark up Lightning or Fireball at the perfect instant to wipe an entire group and get all the kills - at least the Sorcs I run with seem to do that to me all the time.

I have to check the stats on the new Sorc guns, but it seems that in this expansion, DMG and Skill DMG seem to be the focus more so than DPS. At least that is the case with the best Warrior and Rogue weapons.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained