Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I don't think that exp elixirs are working correctly?

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Lets take one issue at a time, shall we?

First, it appears that elixirs are working correctly. There is a significant multiplier gained from using them.
    Agreed, can set that to rest.

Secondly, experience per run. I'm sorry but I don't have a benchmark number for that. Exp has always been fractional per kill. To go from 16 to 17 doing only Hauntlet runs at 17 xp per run is some 94 runs. If you're knocking those out in 3 minutes then 4.7 hours of grinding. If that's how you choose to play, then power to ya.
    Hauntlet previous to the "scale to 31" gave 100 experience to a level 16 player (and all level players, since it scales difficulty with the player), so that 17 xp per run is a bug. There seems to be something that happened with the recent change that disrupted the lower level players experience, which should be fixed, especially since it is in a level 16 town.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #42
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaleagle View Post
    4.7 hours from 16 to 17? Excuse me, but that's NUTS. There is a bug there. Not normal to kill 80 mobs to get only 17 experience. So, kill 4 to 5 mobs for ONE experience point? Sam, lol?
    That time to level is without any elixir. Load up some elixirs and you're cutting that down to 1 hour 54 minutes.

Yes, experience has always been fractional so it is entirely possible that killing 4-5 mobs (especially minions) could = 1 exp.

You chose to use the word NUTS, so I'll also use it in my reply to you.

I personally think that leveling a 0 death character to 26 with over 60,000 pve kills is nuts. To then expect to go into a new expansion (where you don't know the boss mechanics) and not expect to die is a bit nuts as well. Further, to then go on to delete that character, that you have invested clearly a lot of time and effort into, is sorta nuts as well. Then, to go back and level up a new character, not remember just how long it took to level up and then come to the Official Message Forums and complain loudly, well, given your history, doesn't seem so nuts does it? It seems perfectly reasonable for you to do so.

I'm sorry Mysticaleagle, but I don't think there are valid issues to your complaint. Maybe that the blue ring isn't there with the combo elixir, but that's all that I see.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #43
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Hauntlet previous to the "scale to 31" gave 100 experience to a level 16 player (and all level players, since it scales difficulty with the player), so that 17 xp per run is a bug. There seems to be something that happened with the recent change that disrupted the lower level players experience, which should be fixed, especially since it is in a level 16 town.
    Where did this 100 exp per run number come from? You feel that someone without any elixirs should be able to level from 16 to 17 in 16 runs of the Hauntlet? If you are doing those runs in 3 minutes (some can go much faster) then it would take you 48 minutes to level from 16 to 17, without any elixirs? Add elixirs in and you'd be there in a matter of minutes? That doesn't seem all that right to me. I think we'll just have to agree to disagree?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Lets take one issue at a time, shall we?

First, it appears that elixirs are working correctly. There is a significant multiplier gained from using them.

Secondly, experience per run. I'm sorry but I don't have a benchmark number for that. Exp has always been fractional per kill. To go from 16 to 17 doing only Hauntlet runs at 17 xp per run is some 94 runs. If you're knocking those out in 3 minutes then 4.7 hours of grinding. If that's how you choose to play, then power to ya.
    Well, I'm not sure this is correct.

The entire last season I leveled 2 toons solely in Hauntlet (lv 21-26). I consistently got around 125 exp by clearing the entire map using the 7 day elixir.

And even right now. I just ran Hauntlet with my L28 sorc with the 7day. Just clearing the first area alone I went from 1308xp to 1351xp.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

That time to level is without any elixir. Load up some elixirs and you're cutting that down to 1 hour 54 minutes.

Yes, experience has always been fractional so it is entirely possible that killing 4-5 mobs (especially minions) could = 1 exp.

You chose to use the word NUTS, so I'll also use it in my reply to you.

I personally think that leveling a 0 death character to 26 with over 60,000 pve kills is nuts. To then expect to go into a new expansion (where you don't know the boss mechanics) and not expect to die is a bit nuts as well. Further, to then go on to delete that character, that you have invested clearly a lot of time and effort into, is sorta nuts as well. Then, to go back and level up a new character, not remember just how long it took to level up and then come to the Official Message Forums and complain loudly, well, given your history, doesn't seem so nuts does it? It seems perfectly reasonable for you to do so.

I'm sorry Mysticaleagle, but I don't think there are valid issues to your complaint. Maybe that the blue ring isn't there with the combo elixir, but that's all that I see.

I knew you were angry at me. Want me to describe things also? Oh wait, i'll get banned again. Because you won't have any answers and you'll ban me to simply skip it. Sorry sam, but we both have a point here. I am a 0 death fan. My death was caused by a bug that you fixed after my death. Anyways, I buy thousands and thousands of platinums, what's wrong if I delete a character? Nothing since i'll buy platinums again to level up again to find more bugs and get rejected like if I was a murderer. Nice community, nice communications and nice considerations.

I really dislike how you treat the ones that supported you from the start of this company, and still does.

(please don't ban me now, i'm working on a huge thread right now so I don't want all my typing wasted).
    Last edited by Mysticaleagle; 04-24-2013 at 03:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Where did this 100 exp per run number come from? You feel that someone without any elixirs should be able to level from 16 to 17 in 16 runs of the Hauntlet? If you are doing those runs in 3 minutes (some can go much faster) then it would take you 48 minutes to level from 16 to 17, without any elixirs? Add elixirs in and you'd be there in a matter of minutes? That doesn't seem all that right to me. I think we'll just have to agree to disagree?
    Its really not much when you think about it.

100 xp in about 3 minutes? I get about 400 xp in about 6 minutes in watchers tomb with a good party.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I knew you were angry at me. Want me to describe things also? Oh wait, i'll get banned again. Because you won't have any answers and you'll ban me to simply skip it. Sorry sam, but we both have a point here. I am a 0 death fan. My death was caused by a bug that you fixed after my death. Anyways, I buy thousands and thousands of platinums, what's wrong if I delete a character? Nothing since i'll buy platinums again to level up again to find more bugs and get rejected like if I was a murderer. Nice community, nice communications and nice considerations.

I really dislike how you treat the ones that supported you from the start and still does.

(please don't ban me now, i'm working on a huge thread right now so I don't want all my typing wasted).
    Honestly Myst... the problem here is that you're taking it very personal. If you state the problem and give information they can look into it. From a developer standpoint, I understand where Sam AND Lojack are coming from.

When I get bombarded by a customer saying "Your stuff is broken fix it fix it fix it. I'm being robbed" While at the same time many of my other customers are using the same thing and don't have any issue, it really tunes me out. And naturally, in my head I think "f u." Conversely, I've had several customers that are very helpful in resolving major issues that are difficult to root cause (especially when they are localized to a specific customer only)
    Last edited by Rare; 04-24-2013 at 03:42 PM.

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #48
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post

100 xp in about 3 minutes? I get about 400 xp in about 6 minutes in watchers tomb with a good party.
    Aedenos, can you please provide some additional data about your experience in Watchers Tomb when you're getting 400 xp per run? What level is that at? What's the party make up? Are you using elixirs? Which Tomb zone exactly? Can you provide some actual numbers of xp change?

It's nice to compare apples to apples
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

I don't feel anything, or have any opinion on how fast it takes a person to level. Hauntlet is a level 16 area, and prior to the "scale to 31" players got at least 1 XP per mob killed, more with a full team. They are now getting less.
    Something changed. This is either a bug or a nerf. If it is not intentional, then I thought the team might like to look into it. If it is intentional, well it is your game.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Honestly Myst... the problem here is that you're taking it very personal. If you state the problem and give information they can look into it. From a developer standpoint, I understand where Sam AND Lojack are coming from.

When I get bombarded by a customer saying "Your stuff is broken fix it fix it fix it. I'm being robbed" While at the same time many of my other customers are using the same thing and don't have any issue, it really tunes me out. And naturally, in my head I think "f u." Conversely, I've had several customers that are very helpful in resolving major issues that are difficult to root cause (especially when they are localized to a specific customer only)
    I don't want to be the ''nice guy'' when I get treated like dirt.

Especially from someone I like a lot. Yes, you Sam.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Aedenos, can you please provide some additional data about your experience in Watchers Tomb when you're getting 400 xp per run? What level is that at? What's the party make up? Are you using elixirs? Which Tomb zone exactly? Can you provide some actual numbers of xp change?

I don't have exact figures. I'll try to get them in a bit when I have time.

But I just leveled my Rogue from 30 to 31 in Watcher's tomb 4 (granted mostly in full parties). I want to say the average XP I got was around 400 (using 7 day 50% xp elixir). I'll try to get exact numbers on my sorcerer later.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Nooooooo Sam please leave us our last non broken xp place? I can vouch for myst and the rest. Before the cap was raised to 31 Hauntlet DID give around 87xp per run without elixers (more if killed boss slowly) and this was perfect (got like 2 shilohs from25-26 ) anyways. This was then kinda destroyed by the update when the xp was lowered so much :/ and the difficulty upped alot (not complaining). But watchers tomb is one of the last 2 decent places for fast leveling, the other being kraken mines 3. The xp is being gained at about 350-400 per run of watchers tomb 4, way more with xp elixers added in. Please don't change that :/

But to answer questions, level= 25, party make up (whats this?) uh i prefer 3 warriors and me (mage) and elixers for the 400xp are non really.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Lol. Sam, everyone got 100 xp per run in hauntlet before update. that's why everyone leveled there. it was 80 xp per run without the boss fight and 100 xp with 7 day 50% elixir (no boss). How else do you think people were getting to max level so fast? by running new content? haha. it surprises me that this seems to be news to the dev team when it's common knowledge. from levels 21-25 i was averaging 1 min per run or 100 xp per run. It took my about 30 min to gain a level. Once again, common knowledge.

that was changed this update when mobs attack power and health went through the roof so everyone went to wt4 to level (I can confirm aedenos numbers of aroun 400 xp per run (which takes 6 min with good group and about 8 min with average group)). No one levels in new content, it's way to hard and long. We rush to cap in hauntlet or tombs, buy the new gear then start farming. I, for one, won't go through the time and effort of leveling in the new zones. You guys always make them way to hard and it would take way to long for me to do it that way. If hauntlet and wt4 were nerfed I'd take my gaming dollars elsewhere.
    Last edited by wvhills; 04-24-2013 at 04:00 PM.

14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #54
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Well, I'm not sure this is correct.

The entire last season I leveled 2 toons solely in Hauntlet (lv 21-26). I consistently got around 125 exp by clearing the entire map using the 7 day elixir.

And even right now. I just ran Hauntlet with my L28 sorc with the 7day. Just clearing the first area alone I went from 1308xp to 1351xp.
    Ok, I set my rogue up to level 25 and picked up some gear off the Consignment Shopp. I removed all elixirs.

Attachment 28949

I headed over to the hauntlet and got into a full party run at level 25 with a 23, a 27 and a 25. I think the full party and level 27 in the group bumped the mobs up a bit, as they conn'd yellow to me at 25.

After the run I had made 83 exp. If I had a +50% 7 day elixir that would have been 124.5.... not so far from Aedenos' 125 that he remembers.

Attachment 28950
    | | | |

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

16.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #55
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    Lol. Sam, everyone got 100 xp per run in hauntlet before update. that's why everyone leveled there. it was 80 xp per run without the boss fight and 100 xp with 7 day 50% elixir. How else do you think people were getting to max level so fast by running new content? haha. it surprises me that this seems to be news to the dev team when it's common knowledge. from levels 21-25 i was averaging 1 min per run or 100 xp per run. It took my about 30 min to gain a level. Once again, common knowledge.
    Sounds like we fixed a bug somewhere along the way with the Hauntlet giving out too much exp. Perhaps I should be apologizing for not having better note control and having included that information in a patch somewhere. By your own accord, 30 minutes to gain a level seems a little out of line, no?
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Ok, I set my rogue up to level 25 and picked up some gear off the Consignment Shopp. I removed all elixirs.

Attachment 28949

I headed over to the hauntlet and got into a full party run at level 25 with a 23, a 27 and a 25. I think the full party and level 27 in the group bumped the mobs up a bit, as they conn'd yellow to me at 25.

After the run I had made 83 exp. If I had a +50% 7 day elixir that would have been 124.5.... not so far from Aedenos' 125 that he remembers.

Attachment 28950
    OK, so it is working at 25. Now can the team look into why it is not working at 16?

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Ok one run of WT4 with a party of 4, took 5:40 which is around average. No elixers
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

By your own accord, 30 minutes to gain a level seems a little out of line, no?
    No. It seems perfect to me. On topic, this does mean all the elixirs I bought from 1 to 16 were pointless. Good night.

20.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #59
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

I don't want to be the ''nice guy'' when I get treated like dirt.

Especially from someone I like a lot. Yes, you Sam.
    Mysticaleagle, respect is a two way street. You created this thread and went on to post with words like "ridiculous", calling the game "NUTS" and that it was a "waste of platinums" and "wtf" and saying that elixirs "don't even work properly."

I'm sorry that you feel that way. I'm sorry that your 0 death character died. We do appreciate that you enjoy our games enough to spend your money on them.

I do have to agree with Aedenos' post where he said:

Respectfully yours,
    Samhayne
    | | | |

21.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #60
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    OK, so it is working at 25. Now can the team look into why it is not working at 16?
    The amount of xp gained scales with level. This is by design.
    | | | |