Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Please please fix arcane pets!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Please please fix arcane pets!

Proud owner of glacian that was earned over much work and farming. Finally opened him and even with dual spires, it still seems to not clear a multiple pull mob in elites as fast as Malison ??? Malison a season one pet that cost 90 plat, vs the latest and greatest arcane pet glacian.

Please test out a pull of elite mobs vs Malison and then glacian. due to the fact, Malison can hit unlimited multi targets, this makes glacian with dual spires still a bit slower on pulls. This makes no sense. You spent all this time developing a new arcane pet and its hitting the same if not less than Malison? From season one and rooks nest.

If you don't want to mess with glacians balance then please reduce malisons ae damage or limit the number of targets. It's just not fair for those of us who strived to get your arcane pet.

And before I get flamed about glacian shouldn't be OP... The arcane hammer is 3/4 times stronger than the next warrior weapon this exp. carapace said it doesn't change the game balance due to the scarcity of arcane weapons... Then please do the same for arcane pets.

Thank you for the time and I would very much appreciate any feedback on this topic.

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

We will have QA take a look at this and see if it matches up. Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

As an owner of Glacian I whole heartedly agree with Seventydopey. I have the Arcane pet Glacian leveled to 31 and it still does not keep up with the damage inflicted by my level 30 Malison. Why is this? Here is an example. During a pull of 5 mobs , the level 31 Glacian( damage of 162) is doing damage to two mobs for a total of 324 damage. Pull the same 5 mobs and the level 30 Malison ( damage of 131 ) is doing damage to all 5 mobs for a total of 655 damage. Which one is supposed to be the Arcane pet? I also opened many chests and locked crates and farmed very hard to obtain the extremely rare Arcane pet. Owning Glacian supposedly should make one the envy of all pet owners but it can't even keep up with the damage of a Legenday pet, Malison. Please fix Glacian and make him the truly elite pet that he was supposed to be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thank you. Yes this is exactly the same problem I'm questioning. This must be an oversight to let Malison cause 2 times more damage than arcane glacian. I've done many tests with pulling mobs and if you pull a mob greater than 2 (which all the mobs are grouped together in packs of 4-6), then Malison is 2 maybe 3 times out damaging Glacian. Thank you for looking into this carapace, I'm sure QA will see what I'm talking about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I was with u, untill i readed:

Quote Originally Posted by Seventydopey View Post
    please reduce malisons ae damage or limit the number of targets
    Man... Seriously?
    U are like rage kid, who cant play, so he want destroy other kids enjoy...
    AL: Ishyrionek (31 Warrior)
    AL: Ishyrion (30 Rogue)
    AL: Ishyrionus (30 Wizzard)
    BD: Ishyrion (7)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ishyrionek For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

How about we don't go nerfing pets. I'm all for a buff of glacian, but lets not talk about nerfing malison.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Thank you. Yes this is exactly the same problem I'm questioning. This must be an oversight to let Malison cause 2 times more damage than arcane glacian. I've done many tests with pulling mobs and if you pull a mob greater than 2 (which all the mobs are grouped together in packs of 4-6), then Malison is 2 maybe 3 times out damaging Glacian. Thank you for looking into this carapace, I'm sure QA will see what I'm talking about.
    Don't forget there's much other stuff to take into account when comparing pets. Their happiness buff, arcane ability and debuffs they do with their attacks. I think its quite balanced, I haven't Glacian myself but I've seen it in action and I would take it anyday over Malison Also pets damage is still a minor part of overall damage we deal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Spicy1 View Post
    Don't forget there's much other stuff to take into account when comparing pets. Their happiness buff, arcane ability and debuffs they do with their attacks. I think its quite balanced, I haven't Glacian myself but I've seen it in action and I would take it anyday over Malison Also pets damage is still a minor part of overall damage we deal.
    I am sorry but i have to disagree. I was one of the first players to have Glacian, right after Metadrak. So I am one of the most experienced with this Arcane pet and I can tell you for a fact that it is not balanced. Doing the same run with no other variable changes, the run with Glacian will always be significantly longer than the run with Malison. The same results are repeated with smaller pulls as Seventydopey stated above. I really hope the devs look into why the Glacian is currently underpowered and if the pet is doing the damage it was designed for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

About arcane pets: HammerJaw or Glacian, they both sck.
    1) Glacian arcane cooldown - 30 (!!!) seconds. Rly?! As Glacian is ranged pet, it's often very hard to apply arcane buff for your party, so you wait 30 seconds and then the buff doesn't cover anyone from your party though you waited your pet to catch up, nice..
    2) Glacian 'Arcane Buff' is not so bad statwise, thou other class specific pets are competitive or even better (Talon for Rogue, Colton for mage, even Mali for rogue)
    HammerJaw stats and buff? It's almost same as Deary buff.. Oh, no deary is 15/15/15, where HammerJaw's is 10/10/10/5crit. Slightly better than Deary's. Awesome! This happiness awaits you every 18 seconds (cooldown)
    3) Pet's attack, that was discussed before me, glacian or hammerjaw deals same single target damage on practice as Malison, but in crowd of mobs Malison is 4x more effective cause hits 4 targets.

Conclusion:
    1. Change rarity of HammerJaw and Glacian to Epic or Legendary
    or
    2. Put a signature for these pets 'Incredibly rare and Incredibly useless'
    or
    3. Make the pets worthy their rarity and price, add % arcane buff and more damage output (as example +10% party crit buff for hammerjaw, +10% damage buff for glacian, and buff stats in percentage, +5% int/str/dex)

These pets are considered to be super-effective for party, but they are not

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm glad other people are seeing what I'm seeing with glacian. It's basically like when the arcane hooks first came out and after the first couple hooks hit the community, the rogues were completely underwhelmed and they still hit with ALPs, because the ALPs caused more damage vs the arcane rogue weapon. STS did further testing and realized the hooks needed to be buffed ALOT and the ALPs were nerfed. I'm sorry, I'm not advocating for malison's to be nerfed BUT then simply add AE damage to glacian with 5-6 multiple spires, exactly like malison ae damage. I don't see the problem with this because malison already does this, so just add multiple spires for glacian.

Yes I agree with yoho as well about making it % buff vs just numbers because as you can see below, the happiness bonus for glacian isn't really that much better than malison.

As for happiness bonus- glacian is only +10% Crit, +15 STR, +15 DEX, +75 Mana, and +8 Mana Regen, malison is +20 STR, +20 DEX, + 20 INT, +5% Crit... so you get MORE stats buff with malison and just 5 less crit %. So that's not really a big selling point for glacian.

The party buff is nice like yoho said but glacian has really bad tracking issues, he is very far behind and then his AE buff is so small that you literally have to run PAST the mob you are trying to fight so that glacian will be in the middle of your party, then activate his buff, then run back to the fight. If you stop right in the middle of the action, glacian normally stands on the outside of the mob because he has range attack, and then his buff misses most of the party that's in the center of the mob.

Anyways, I can learn to adjust playing style for Glacian's tracking issues, but his stats and most importantly lack of AoE damage are really underwhelming to put it politely. It's pretty disheartening when other players who got arcane weapons got these truly RARE and POWERFUL items, and then you get glacian and realize that it takes longer to clear a zone with glacian than malison. So you leave your arcane pet in the stable. It's really sickening.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Played along side with others with glacian and I feel for u guys. Slag is many times better! Should have been glacian mythic, and slag arcane! No one would have complained!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Nerf Mali?! You're smoking low grade crack! Deal with it, it's not a bug so...just deal. That's like the Arcane Hooks Agrument "please bluff my hooks cause other weapons will catch up to or might be as good as an Arcane item". Just like them, it won't be the last Arcane pet...
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ishyrionek:1068655
    I was with u, untill i readed:

please reduce malisons ae damage or limit the number of targets
    Man... Seriously?
    U are like rage kid, who cant play, so he want destroy other kids enjoy...
    Man who woulda thought, first time I agree with ya!

Dont nerf mally.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

If malison gets nerfed because of you we will forever remember you as the guy who killed malison lol.

of : as a recent glacian owner I agree with you that the lack of aoe damage is idiotic. I was hoping for more bang for my buck and instaly regretted opening the egg. So he's hammer jaw and glacian deserve a right full buff.
    Ign - slashyroth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Looks it's not a purpose to nerf malison, but I'm making them aware that they tried to make an "Arcane" pet and it's still not out damaging malison from season 1. This is clearly an issue of QA perhaps misjudging the damage of glacian due to playing style. All PVE players pull mobs into a big bunch, then destroy in a group to shorten time. These mobs are best killed by AoE damage from spells and pets. Glacian needs to be AoE with his spires just like malison hits with AoE. It's pretty simple really.

Yeah most people don't want malison nerfed because they don't own glacian and will probably never strive for it. The casual player could care less about an arcane item because they are not striving for eliteness in the game. Then there are players that are striving to have the best items in the game and they pay plat and farm endlessly to try to obtain these items. These are the players that STS are wooing for arcane items and making them available from locked crates only. ie pay for the possibility to get the best item in the game. No big deal because really they need to make a living and get paid to continue to give us players all the cool expansions and new weapons, etc.

I'm simply letting them know that glacian is NOT nor even close to malison in damage and this is wrong. The Arcane hooks and now arcane hammer are OP as it should be for it's rareness. Glacian came out for this expansion... it needs to damage accordingly, I would even say that if glacian hit with 5-6 targets just as malison.. the day is done. If STS doesn't care, that's fine no one will open crates to try to get glacian but I seriously doubt that is their goal given how much effort they put into ARCANE items. I'm just making them aware and clearly everyone here who has played in a group with glacian agrees with me. It's not a secret to us players about glacian being underpowered, but maybe it's something the developers are not aware of. Please do something for what is supposed to the current "best" pet in the game.
    Last edited by Seventydopey; 04-27-2013 at 08:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yeah but it's not. That's the point I'm making that glacian is their arcane pet. I already know many people that have already stopped trying to get glacian due to all the lackluster review from us glacian owners (and these are serious plat buyers that already have hooks). I mean STS needs to make a living which is why we try to get arcane items, so having one that's not even worthwhile to get hurts their bottom line and revenue that gets put right back into improving gaming experience with new levels, dungeons, maps, weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanpakuto View Post
    Played along side with others with glacian and I feel for u guys. Slag is many times better! Should have been glacian mythic, and slag arcane! No one would have complained!

19.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #17
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

We have looked at the two a little bit, and no nerf for Malison is in mind. Something may be done to Glacian to make him a little more sexy in the damage department, but ultimately he is designed as a defensive pet, and Malison is an offensive pet. The Arcane ability for Glacian is armor and the like associated whereas Malison lays waste to enemies around him.

It's not to say there isn't something to look at and change, however I feel you are comparing apples to oranges a little bit. Making him super duper amazing in all categories eliminates the choice players have on what pet to use to fit their playstyle, and in this case perhaps Glacian is does not do what you were anticipating after reading player reviews. Keep in mind that as we make more content, and more pets come out, we have very little headroom for making a lot of new pets without breaking game balance and keeping them unique without creating a "EVERYONE FORGET THE OTHER 90 PETS AND GET THIS ONE". This scenario is not ideal for us, or for the gamers who are working hard to farm eggs and the like. For example if we released something with 25 all stats AND damage AND crit... why play anything else?

There is a delicate balance here, and it's being looked at carefully as there is more room to do harm than good if we tip the scale too much. Thank you for your patience as we look into it.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Somewhere in Asia, on an island over the rainbow...double rainbows...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    We have looked at the two a little bit, and no nerf for Malison is in mind. Something may be done to Glacian to make him a little more sexy in the damage department, but ultimately he is designed as a defensive pet, and Malison is an offensive pet. The Arcane ability for Glacian is armor and the like associated whereas Malison lays waste to enemies around him.

It's not to say there isn't something to look at and change, however I feel you are comparing apples to oranges a little bit. Making him super duper amazing in all categories eliminates the choice players have on what pet to use to fit their playstyle, and in this case perhaps Glacian is does not do what you were anticipating after reading player reviews. Keep in mind that as we make more content, and more pets come out, we have very little headroom for making a lot of new pets without breaking game balance and keeping them unique without creating a "EVERYONE FORGET THE OTHER 90 PETS AND GET THIS ONE". This scenario is not ideal for us, or for the gamers who are working hard to farm eggs and the like. For example if we released something with 25 all stats AND damage AND crit... why play anything else?

There is a delicate balance here, and it's being looked at carefully as there is more room to do harm than good if we tip the scale too much. Thank you for your patience as we look into it.
    Well Said!
    PL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) SL: Surfy Com, Meowy Ops, Gravelyn Engi, Warstorm Com DL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) AL: Surfie Sorcerer, Orpisai Warrior, Chiobuu Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thank you for your response carapace and I really thank developers taking time to discuss us players issues. I do understand your issue for not trying to make an "overpower" pet and I do understand that glacians ice armor is a nice defensive buff. I was not quite aware that the goal for glacian was to be a defensive pet, because he does do stat buffs to party members as well ie offense.

My one response to having glacian possibly over tip the scale a bit, is that he is an arcane pet and due to his rarity/scarcity this does not affect game balance too much. Just like you said about the arcane hammer or the hooks, I thought arcane was supposed to tip the scale just a little bit due to the rareness and people will farm endlessly to obtain these elite items, ie more people playing the game which is good for STS. A few people who own glacian that then make glacian the "go to" pet does not change game balance and to be honest the people who strive for it, probably have all the pets as well...but your still going to have a "go to" pet, and currently this pet is Malison even with glacian in the stable.

If your goal is to keep glacian to be defensive and let Malison out damage glacian, I can respect STS's, decision but just keep in mind that 99% of players strive for more offense, even tanks which is why their sword and shield are valued less than offensive weapons. We players already have the "go to" pet which is the pet that causes the most damage, and everyone uses Malison. When the few players (maybe 5 or 6) of us in the game actually get glacian and still use Malison, it just seems an utter waste of an arcane pet. I do hope you see the dilemma in having Malison out damage glacian, because glacian will be relegated to non use which seems so wrong for an "arcane" item.

This is currently the consensus for all glacian owners as we have all talked because again there are just a few glacians in the game. I believe we give the best feedback being owners that play with him, and he's simply not as useful as Malison EVEN with his defensive buff.

Anyways, I'm sure my point is understood I just hope sts realizes that it's ok to make glacian more offensive than Malison as that's what players are striving for in the game, otherwise Malison will continue to be the go to pet, and glacian stays in the stable for us current owners, and there goes all the potential future owners as well. As the word spreads that glacian can't out damage Malison, glacian's value will plummet and no one will strive for him which I can't believe would be the goal for STS.

I can't thank you guys/girls at STS enough for taking the time to talk with us players, and listening to our feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

aaand what about hammerjaw? On lvl30 it doesn't obtain any new passive ability, still hits only 1 target, and arcane ability is nothing for lvl30 - 10STR 10DEX 10INT 5 CRIT.. why would anyone use it? If the goal for old arcane pet to become useless, why not cancel its drop and change with new pet?
    My opinion is, nor glacian (arcane cooldown toooo long) nor hammerjaw (what's good about it?) is worth being arcane.
    I bought hooks and never regret it, unlike arcane pets