Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Please please fix arcane pets!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Malison is the best pet from season 1, let it be the best till the end of times

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well if nothing changes, yes Malison from season one will forever be the strongest pet in the game. I'm sorry players but if the issue is that there is very little wiggle room for STS to upgrade pets due to game balance, then this proves my point even more that Malison may need to be nerfed as every pet made since Malison, in season 2,season 3, and now season 4, have not been able to out damage Malison from season 1. They've perhaps made Malison (unintentionally) the super OP pet that carapace said they were trying to avoid. We know this to be true as Malison is the main pet everyone uses which makes all the newer pets irrelevant... Glacian,slag,hammerjaw,talon,ripmaw, etc... Everyone still uses Malison as the "go to" pet.

Quote Originally Posted by jtst View Post
    Malison is the best pet from season 1, let it be the best till the end of times

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Malison is the only pet that has +60 sum stats (+20 +20 +20) +5% crit and +15% party dodge on top of it, pet damage not even under discussion: malison is the best. Notice, that I'm not telling to nerf him, just stating the fact that contradict Mr. Carapace's "There is a delicate balance here" statement

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    We have looked at the two a little bit, and no nerf for Malison is in mind.
    *sigh of relief*

You're pushing it seventy .

On Topic: I think a buff for Hammerjaw and Glacian is needed. Especially for their arcane abilities, and give a longer range on glacian's buff. There is absolutely no logic behind making it difficult for party members to get a buff, especially on a ranged pet. You bought the most expensive pet around, getting the full benefits should be a given. Also do this for Colton, you actually have to stand next to him when fighting a boss in order to get the buff.

Sig creds: Beelzzebob
    Igns: Warriorname, Azepeiete, Sorcerername.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The difficult argument I see here is that STS now says glacian is a defensive pet and not meant to out damage a season 1 legendary pet one could purchase for 90 plat or in game gold. However when samhayne was promoting glacian on YouTube , he clearly stated "wait to see how powerful this pet will be at level 30". The implied impression is that glacian is an ARCANE pet and is special not only for its rarity but its abilities. What then makes it special if it can't outperform season 1 pets?

The whole idea of arcane items ,may it be pets or weapons, is to be the top echelon of its class. Hooks and now the warrior arcane hammer are clearly the top echelon for these classes. The next expansion should be redemption for the sorcerers when their arcane weapon is revealed. The arcane pets glacian and Hammerjaw have much to be desired as their top echelon of their class.

As I was leveling to 31 I had the opportunity to play with glacian owners in wt4 and they used malison or slag and did not use glacian for several reasons. 1) glacian has a ranged attack and doesn't come near the players to buff them. 2) the player had to run way past the target area because of poor tracking issues i.e. too slow to follow 3) glacian has single target damage and the player can quickly become overwhelmed. 4) other pets such as slag or malison could handle crowd control much much better.
    There are further examples of why glacian and now Hammerjaw are underwhelming and need to be buffed or given aoe effects that would make them the top echelon of their class.

The point is that ARCANE items in Arcane Legends should be clearly the top echelon items to strive for both in hard work and in opening crates/chests. Malison should not be nerfed and that has clearly been stated by the developers, but arcane pets should clearly be desired not only for their rarity but also for their abilities. The rarity of arcane items does not affect game balance as has been said before by the developers. Therefore buffing up the arcane pets particularly the single target attacks, should have very little bearing in game balance. Lastly I would like to thank you the developers for making an awesome game that enthralls each and every one of us to be as passioned enough to take the time to help mold the game and its player community.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Just two observations here

1. You really are comparing apples and oranges based on stats boost wouldn't koko perhaps be a more fair comparison as far a defensive pet? And for pure damage slag vs Mali would make sense right? Also before you say "Nobody wants defense!" I'd be willing to guess more than a few level 31 mages with less armor than a 26 rouge and no dodge would disagree.

2. We shouldn't really call opening crates hard work should we? I mean you may in fact work hard to earn the money to buy the plat to open the crate but that's for a different thread.

Just my two plat

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzorsedge . View Post
    The difficult argument I see here is that STS now says glacian is a defensive pet and not meant to out damage a season 1 legendary pet one could purchase for 90 plat or in game gold. However when samhayne was promoting glacian on YouTube , he clearly stated "wait to see how powerful this pet will be at level 30". The implied impression is that glacian is an ARCANE pet and is special not only for its rarity but its abilities. What then makes it special if it can't outperform season 1 pets?

The whole idea of arcane items ,may it be pets or weapons, is to be the top echelon of its class. Hooks and now the warrior arcane hammer are clearly the top echelon for these classes. The next expansion should be redemption for the sorcerers when their arcane weapon is revealed. The arcane pets glacian and Hammerjaw have much to be desired as their top echelon of their class.

As I was leveling to 31 I had the opportunity to play with glacian owners in wt4 and they used malison or slag and did not use glacian for several reasons. 1) glacian has a ranged attack and doesn't come near the players to buff them. 2) the player had to run way past the target area because of poor tracking issues i.e. too slow to follow 3) glacian has single target damage and the player can quickly become overwhelmed. 4) other pets such as slag or malison could handle crowd control much much better.
    There are further examples of why glacian and now Hammerjaw are underwhelming and need to be buffed or given aoe effects that would make them the top echelon of their class.

The point is that ARCANE items in Arcane Legends should be clearly the top echelon items to strive for both in hard work and in opening crates/chests. Malison should not be nerfed and that has clearly been stated by the developers, but arcane pets should clearly be desired not only for their rarity but also for their abilities. The rarity of arcane items does not affect game balance as has been said before by the developers. Therefore buffing up the arcane pets particularly the single target attacks, should have very little bearing in game balance. Lastly I would like to thank you the developers for making an awesome game that enthralls each and every one of us to be as passioned enough to take the time to help mold the game and its player community.
    Just my 2 plat

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kraze For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks for the input guys. Yes I must admit that Samhayne's you tube video showing how powerful glacian's dual spires was at level 30 is what got me thinking glacian would catch up to malison in the damage department. He showed Glacian handily beating 2 elite mobs, but if we showed the same video with Samhayne using a lvl 30 malison and decimating 5-6 elite pirate mobs... people would not think twice about trying to get Arcane Glacian. Glacian inflicts more single target damage than malison, so I thought once it got 2 spires, that's how STS would make the 2 pets comparable. If Glacian hit multiple targets like malison, the conversation is pretty much over, as that little difference is what makes malison so powerful.

Just in my personal opinion, I'm a bit confused how glacian was supposed to be a defensive minded pet. All the happiness stats are stat boosters and +10 crit (not dodge nor AC). Glacian's only defensive aspect is his arcane buff of ice armor, however Malison's arcane buff is 15% party dodge (defensive spell as well), yet malison is made to be offensive and glacian is defensive? I think these pets are just 2 well rounded pets.

If Glacian had dodge or armor boosted in his happiness like Koko or Shiloh, it would be clear this was a defensive pet. It looked more like Glacian was meant to be a well rounded pet (like malison) and his stats reflected that, however Glacian only hitting 2 targets and malison hitting 5-6 or whatever his max number, just tipped the balance of towards malison waaayy over. Such is the case for malison compared to any other pet for that matter, due to his multi target damage.

Anyways I'm patiently waiting to see what STS can come up with. I'm hopeful that he will be brought up to eliteness as his arcane name implies, but I do understand they have to to test out what stats they can boost without overtipping the scales and this takes time and testing. I get it and I'm a patient fan waiting for the outcome
    Last edited by Seventydopey; 04-29-2013 at 10:03 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Seventydopey For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

30 sec cooldown (if it's true) of arcane ability is a deal breaker to use arcane pet.
    Hammerjaw attributes are very poor indeed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    Just two observations here

1. You really are comparing apples and oranges based on stats boost wouldn't koko perhaps be a more fair comparison as far a defensive pet? And for pure damage slag vs Mali would make sense right? Also before you say "Nobody wants defense!" I'd be willing to guess more than a few level 31 mages with less armor than a 26 rouge and no dodge would disagree.

2. We shouldn't really call opening crates hard work should we? I mean you may in fact work hard to earn the money to buy the plat to open the crate but that's for a different thread.

Just my two plat
    1) This would be an apples to apples comparison if Glacian was initially labelled the best defensive pet money could buy. You have made my point that this was not described as such when the pet was promoted as an über level 30 pet of arcane status.

2) I did say opening crates/chests because I was trying to include the work involved in getting chests of all types without typing that specifically.

I appreciate the feedback but it still remains the same that arcane pets are not worth keeping if looted and should be sold for mad money to the unsuspecting buyer. I doubt that was the intention STS had in mind when someone was lucky enough to loot an arcane item. If the arcane pets are significantly improved for end game use, then they again will command the "specialness" that was intended for arcane items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Something may be done to Glacian to make him a little more sexy in the damage department.....
    Oooohhhh this sounds promising. Thank you Carapace for taking a closer at the Arcane pets. I know the developers and Arcane pet owners are striving for the same thing. A pet that when you open up , You say " Oh my gosh..." then you abruptly faint.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

+1. This made me lol by the way. Here's hoping I lose consciousness to any new sexy stats you do to help bring glacian up to par.

Quote Originally Posted by dpswyland View Post
    Oooohhhh this sounds promising. Thank you Carapace for taking a closer at the Arcane pets. I know the developers and Arcane pet owners are striving for the same thing. A pet that when you open up , You say " Oh my gosh..." then you abruptly faint.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Any word on when you will make an adjustment to the Arcane pets? Thanks for your response!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

To me it seems like every new thing released is better than the previous.
    I'm sure the next arcane pet later this season will beat glacian by a mile which glacian did to hammerjaw.
    How else will they keep old players entertained & contributing to this game?

I really don't think it's that difficult to adjust a few numbers for these 2 pets and in comparison to what the arcane weapons do, but these pets atm are just dreadful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Exactly gundamsone,

The point is the new content should at the very least be slightly better than old content. Of course we are talking about ARCANE pets. I agree that hammerjaw is in need of a buff and glacian is the most recent arcane pet. Glacian did seem to beat hammerjaw in stats but glacian is still underpowered compared to Malison.

Any word on what QA has come up with Carapace? I was hoping this new update may have updated arcane pets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

STS indeed should buff Glacian. Give some STR, DEX, INT, Speed and Damage. Honestly, it's like the Hooks. Something ultra rare and hard to get.
    (I don't even have it, I just understand the owners 100%).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thank you myst for chiming in. I think it's a general consensus for all the players...now it's just a wait and see from STS.

I should photoshop a screenshot of glacian sitting at the corner of paradise pier with a note around his neck, "will work for more damage"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Bump until we heard the nal world

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Carp,

That's a pretty weak statement and feels like a little copout from sts...sam bragged about its offensive ability and how powerful it is... All of glacians attributes have zero to do with defensive ability and let me explain

1. Zero armor or health buff like koko or orion
    2.zero reduction in incoming damage or health regen like ripmaw or shiloh
    3. No heal

The only defense it provides is a 10% armor buff for a few seconds and you call it defensive? The very aspect of dedensive skills as mentioned above is lacking. ...so therefore its not evem close to a defensive pet...furthermore as clearly illustrated it lacks offensive firepower as well. So if its not offensive and not defensive wheres that leave glacian? It looks cool and u get to put ice suits on everybody yay!

It clearly needs a remake and buff as every one of your customers with this item agree...Orion is way better for me at lvl 31 as his aoe damage is ridiculous and he actually reduces enemies armor, hit and crit provides defense with health and is more of an arcane pet than glacian.......simple fix...add 5% damage redection , health regen, nd armor and health buff if its defensive.... if offensive do triple spires. ...increase damage output,

Lastly Its arcane, 15 sec cd please...... 30 is ridiciulous...also its not like weapons where a lvl 31 mythic is better than lvl 26 mythic. Arcane is arcane....any aecane pet should be way better than any other pet.....regardless of season. ...hammerjaw and glacian are both just average pets....id use orion, mali, ribbit, ripmaw over either of those two
    Last edited by Darko; 05-10-2013 at 02:08 PM.
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Darkko is so right. Neither glacian nor hammerjaw can be called offensive or defensive, malison gives both better defense and offense in compare to arcane pets. Sad its not fixed yet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jtst View Post
    Darkko is so right. Neither glacian nor hammerjaw can be called offensive or defensive, malison gives both better defense and offense in compare to arcane pets. Sad its not fixed yet
    sad we have no responses on awhile in this thread.. a 90 plat pet shouldnt be better than either of the uber rare arcane pets..
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer