Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Which Battle of Nordr Boss do you Love to Hate?

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Question Which Battle of Nordr Boss do you Love to Hate?

So, which Battle of Nordr boss do you love to hate? Or maybe you hate to love them? Why?

For me, it's that darn spider. Frost patches - 'nuff said!

Name:  spider-boss-small.jpg
Views: 1110
Size:  98.6 KB
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Sam the frost patches need nerf bat. He can fill entire map with them if he wanted and they last so long. Very nice screen shot tho!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I hate it when it drags you to your instant death after running away almost out of the screen.

My IGN: Marshi (Mage), Xhu (Warrior) | Click here to see my signature artworks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    I hate it when it drags you to your instant death after running away almost out of the screen.
    +1 to that also but u can just move to side, if not covered in ice =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

For me it's last boss for sure. He has insane pull range and crits over 8k dmg. Also the known range bug of frostir is so annoying..

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aplyed View Post
    Sam the frost patches need nerf bat. He can fill entire map with them if he wanted and they last so long. Very nice screen shot tho!
    I belive that Frostbite's patches are having their duration brought down a bit so they don't fill up the room on a long fight. Look for patch notes early next week.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

I must say I do enjoy wading through pigs to try to get off the perfect Aim Shot on the first boss.

Got through the second once to progress, but will never again try to kill a Mother while her puppies come out crying

The rest ... well, hmm, not sure since other then when I either solo'd or killed with one other player, it is hard to tell since no one sticks around.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

if you're a sorc, anything that moves on Elite grounds is what we HATE.
    even your team

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cero For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    I belive that Frostbite's patches are having their duration brought down a bit so they don't fill up the room on a long fight. Look for patch notes early next week.
    The one time I did fight him it was really fun. The patches made for some good pattern circling to get in shots and traps. Personally, I don't think ice patches should be nerfed, but I do think they should work on everyone, including the Mobs. Now that would make for some interesting strategy

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    803 Posts

I hate the Alpha Wolf! I always get killed when he puts his shield up. I just can't help but attack which equal an instant death
    [Name:  Screenshot_2013-04-26-15-32-40.png
Views: 1102
Size:  280.8 KB
    | | |

| |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Sam, idk if you guys were trying to recreate what we had in PL with the overlord or, more recently, vlad where we have a really tough boss and everyone comes back time and time again to try to beat him and thus form a love-hate kind of relationship. But if so, i feel like the lack of a revive skill in AL really puts a damper on that. In PL when we were one shotted there's a chance a mage survived and could rev the team and we could resume the fight. It's not like that in AL. Either you spend plat or you have to run the whole way back. While we're running back there's a high chance the team will wipe because they're a man down and that adds even more time to the run with waiting on everyone to regroup and start again. It's even worse in elites because if someone gets frustrated and leaves it's impossible for anyone join and help out.

I feel like if each class had a revive subability added to our existing skills and you guys would ditch the timers and party system and implement PL's join system AL would be vastly improved and you wouldn't have people complaining so much about boss difficulty level because we could revive and have people join us to help finish runs. I know you went with the timers to promote competition to get on leaderboards and increase people's play time but I think doing away with it and adding PL's join system where there's a higher chance of finishing the run would lead to even more people playing.

I know that's not really an answer to your question but I'll liken it to professional wrestling. If a wrestler can get the crowd to love him then he's in good shape because people will pay to cheer him on. If he can get a crowd to hate him then he's in good shape too because people will boo and cuss him but they'll still pay to come watch (and hope he gets beat). The wrestler's who struggle are the ones who don't get cheered or booed, the ones the crowd is indifferent too. That's how I feel about the bosses in this cap. I don't love them and I don't hate them, I'm indifferent because I've had too many failed runs because people get killed/frustrated and leave the run.
    Last edited by wvhills; 04-26-2013 at 03:45 PM.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Delphina View Post
    I hate the Alpha Wolf! I always get killed when he puts his shield up. I just can't help but attack which equal an instant death
    [Name:  Screenshot_2013-04-26-15-32-40.png
Views: 1102
Size:  280.8 KB
    You mean the stay away from my babies shield? Look at the picture, their coming to her defense!

(I just adopted a dog which meant looking at HUNDREDS of pictures of shelter dogs)

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

16.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    803 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    You mean the stay away from my babies shield? Look at the picture, their coming to her defense!

(I just adopted a dog which meant looking at HUNDREDS of pictures of shelter dogs)
    I'm hitting so quick that by the time I notice the shield up ... dead.
    | | |

| |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Delphina:1069372
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post

I'm hitting so quick that by the time I notice the shield up ... dead.
    Watch yur tank i get exactly 3 chestsplitters in between each howl :-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

The last boss for sure. That dude's range and speed when he gets down to 1/4 HP is redic...lol. I have some tricks for all other
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

I hate Frostr because of the instadeath I get when I am not in the red area. I have to hang so far back its difficult to target my skills and gun. I hate playing this map but its where you can get a PUG and most people want to farm it. So I just suck it up and deal with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Two for me that one in othgar and frostbite. For the wolf i just have to member not to use time-.-
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Frostir. With my hp gear and Ribbit out, I have 3120 hp and can only occasionally survive the red circle stun with 1% hp. The rest of the time? Instadeath. Plus his range indicator lies. It's always bigger than what it shows.

Oh and that's just on normal mode. -_-
    Airys <Average Joes>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills:1069369
    Sam, idk if you guys were trying to recreate what we had in PL with the overlord or, more recently, vlad where we have a really tough boss and everyone comes back time and time again to try to beat him and thus form a love-hate kind of relationship. But if so, i feel like the lack of a revive skill in AL really puts a damper on that. In PL when we were one shotted there's a chance a mage survived and could rev the team and we could resume the fight. It's not like that in AL. Either you spend plat or you have to run the whole way back. While we're running back there's a high chance the team will wipe because they're a man down and that adds even more time to the run with waiting on everyone to regroup and start again. It's even worse in elites because if someone gets frustrated and leaves it's impossible for anyone join and help out.

I feel like if each class had a revive subability added to our existing skills and you guys would ditch the timers and party system and implement PL's join system AL would be vastly improved and you wouldn't have people complaining so much about boss difficulty level because we could revive and have people join us to help finish runs. I know you went with the timers to promote competition to get on leaderboards and increase people's play time but I think doing away with it and adding PL's join system where there's a higher chance of finishing the run would lead to even more people playing.

I know that's not really an answer to your question but I'll liken it to professional wrestling. If a wrestler can get the crowd to love him then he's in good shape because people will pay to cheer him on. If he can get a crowd to hate him then he's in good shape too because people will boo and cuss him but they'll still pay to come watch (and hope he gets beat). The wrestler's who struggle are the ones who don't get cheered or booed, the ones the crowd is indifferent too. That's how I feel about the bosses in this cap. I don't love them and I don't hate them, I'm indifferent because I've had too many failed runs because people get killed/frustrated and leave the run.

frustration is what i feel on my elite runs. 3rd map boss kills me even if im already out of his red zone plus almost all people rush it.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I hate them all you guys get a big fat F in striking this balance. It's hard to survive when I have my sorcerer with over 2700 health and 800 armor. The normal bosses instant kill you, I haven't tried some elite yet because of this. This type of frustration makes me not play as much and when I don't play u guys don't get paid.

Currently I feel like STS is biting the hands that feed them which is ironic because one of the ways they are doing it is with s wolf.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to jb57542 For This Useful Post: