Quote Originally Posted by sanchomundo View Post
Thanks for the explanation. I have wondered about that.

I do agree with the general premise. If you want to play bow style, why not just use the bird? Bird skills seem ideal for that style. Of course, if you want to mix it up in close, why not use a bear? Foxes are stuck in between.

I am only a 33 fox, but so far, bosses are much easier to handle than mobs. Rage tonic and armor shredder with the combo attack does a nice job on the bosses I've seen so far.

I still feel like fox is the weakest class, and it's not close. But it is a fun class with all the darting and the cool looks. It's tough to solo levels. Tough to clear out mobs. Harder to come by good items. I think you have to live with that if you decide to go fox.
I think you are right about soloing with fox, it is tough. Mobs provide difficulty as fox is best at fighting single enemies. I think fox is great against boss tho and any single enemy, just mobs, especially ranged attack mobs, provide a tough time. The aoe moves fox has are ok but not enough to effectively clear mobs.

However, I disagree with your statement that fox is weakest class. I think rhino is. They seem to be somewhere between bear and mage but not as good at aoe as mage and cant keep aggro the way bear does. Fox is really fun to play as long as a bear is present. Playing fox has given me a special appreciation for bears. The way I see it, is they hold aggro and I kill everything, especially boss.

Just my opinions though.