I remember a time, where 2 bears were needed to get a succesful shadow cave run... this much as a prolog.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
The problem with taunt, even in a maxed state, is the amount of damage bears deal. With the insane amount of damage mages and birds do, taunt only works long enough for for a bird/mage to get a hit and aggro is focused back on them. The best chance a bear has is to use either a two-handed sword/weapon or a bow which drastically decreases the tanking abilities. Some of us can handle the pot spamming, but not many can.

I agree that bears are truly a dying breed. However, it has been this way since elixirs hit it big back at the end of Sewers, beginning of Nuri's.
I agree with the point of potsmamming. It can be very exhausting. I experience it quite a few times lately when tanking with dex gear the dragon campaign. It is nothing you will learn overnight, you must practise it to switch between skills and pots quickly or throw in 1 or more pots between your skill sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by outcastranger View Post
So am I correct in saying that the bear is the worst class? I mean the paladin like never dies, the mage has good skills overall, the archer does tons of DPS, and the ranger has tremendous DPS with skills that could probably challenge the archers. The bear just has health, rage, iron-blood, and beckon/stomp combo. However, I do believe that all classes are needed to make the game. We can't have a pocket legends of just archers or just paladins, I still think that the bear is some-what needed. Just not as much now that the paladin(a health tank) has come out.
Call me old school but for me I just cant imagine a farming session without a single bear in my party.

Actually, those of us who know how to play the class properly would argue, bears, are the best class.
Totally agree with this.

It is not just about "rage" and the other skills. "Smash" (beckon+stomp) may be the most powerful/useful skill in game when used appropriately. Beckon is the only skill in game with the capability to quickly effectively group a large mass of mobs, place them in a particular spot on the map, stun, and cause damage all at once. When combined with Stomp and a mage's Ice Storm, it's game over. Stank and I have cleared thousands upon thousands of maps with just these three "damage" skills.

One must have an understanding of all classes to truly understand the benefit of one.
The biggest advantage of the bear class is the massive crowd controll skill effects along with the huge mass debuff. Pull, Hellscream, Stomp, Taunt. That are most efficient skills. Combine them with a mage and bird and you can easily farm any dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Troncaat View Post
If you decide to spam skills, then sure, bears do suck.
But as a bear you should think about control. Which is my absolute favorite thing about bears. You control where you want your enemies to go. Think strategically.
If it wasn't for beckon, half of the skills used by other classes would be way worse. You group beckon to the wall, run around, stomp, and everyone else can use their skills to where it'll hit all of the enemies rather than some if they were scattered around.

On the rage subject... I have no idea what you're talking about. Bosses always attack me.

Bears are awesome. They can survive, deal alot of damage, and have control.
Totally agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Noi`ya View Post
Elyseon is so generous!
Elly is a jk.