Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Mage Heal Aggro

Lady_Pebbles

Default Mage Heal Aggro

If there is ONE nerf Mages need (at all) it is THIS!

Im so sick & tired of pulling all the aggro on ANY map with my Mage but especially on elite maps. This is ridiculous. Even with the hp at 2.7k, 2.8k etc. my toon dies easily because I try to help out my teams.

As it is now, we have to wait until the elite mobs are almost killed in order to heal and regen mana because if we do it in the middle of a mob all their attacks hit our Mages and die rather quickly. Especially when Tanks don't help us out with Horn of Renew or Rogues don't drop packs. THIS is one of the main reasons why Mage's heal is hella useless for farming. I have it merely for PvP purposes and wish it was better for PvE.

SO PLEASE NERF THE AGGRO. -.-

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lady_Pebbles For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

+1! I'd thank you if I had any left Been giving out too many lately...
    On-topic. Yes. The mage is a support class. We are the only ones who heal mana AND the most amount of health. And what do we get in return? Mob hate. I have to risk my death in the huge elite maps to support a tank who's mana has run out.
    At the very least, reduce the aggro.
    I've created a rogue alt and will stick with it unless sorcs are made better.

Lady_Pebbles

It really irks me because even if our teams do try to help out, the freaken mobs still hit us hella hard in the process. Despite all the pots being consumed too* its like dam, give us a freaken break.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

So needed so many of us have specced out of heal for this reason. Healing should not = instant death
    Just my 2 plat

Lady_Pebbles

Its so frustrating. It does more damage and benefits others more than the caster itself. Its really ridiculous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

This is why I dropped heal. And even the people I run with don't ask me for heal. Only people that are broke and have no pots. Maybe if they gave us armor as good as rogues we could handle the aggro. Why do rogues have armor as good as warriors? But they give us heal which attracts aggro and give us ridiculously low armor. Its not logical.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Lady_Pebbles

I completely agree with you.^

I miss the days when the game first came out and Mages had 1k armor (& understandably got nerfed) lol. At this point, we need at least 900 armor or somehing cuz 600-700/800 doesn't seem to do anything. Its so frustrating. We need a lot of our skills fixed but the aggro on heal is a huuuuugely needed right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

On my mage, I don't seem to care that much about the aggro when you heal. It is frustrating dying nearly the second you pop the heal. But if you have a good warrior usually they do keep aggro on them. In elites and WT4 when I'm playing my warrior, I keep aggro off the mage 9/10 times. But the bigger issue is even with 1302 armor, 3914 health (buffed hits over 4k) and 24.92% dodge. I get knocked down nearly as fast as a mage would. They need to nerf some mobs as even if we all pop our heals, we're still hitting a lot of potions to stay alive while the heals are on cooldown.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ozusaunake View Post
    On my mage, I don't seem to care that much about the aggro when you heal. It is frustrating dying nearly the second you pop the heal. But if you have a good warrior usually they do keep aggro on them. In elites and WT4 when I'm playing my warrior, I keep aggro off the mage 9/10 times. But the bigger issue is even with 1302 armor, 3914 health (buffed hits over 4k) and 24.92% dodge. I get knocked down nearly as fast as a mage would. They need to nerf some mobs as even if we all pop our heals, we're still hitting a lot of potions to stay alive while the heals are on cooldown.
    i agree with this, better healing system, no matter what thers always hundred of pots needed, which i find ridiculous.

on topic. yes sorcerers heals cant pull aggro. i was helping my brother to lvl up in wt4. everytime he used heal he was dead meat. poor thing. he wasnt first, always back, behind warrior, but still. he was affraid to use it lol. if he could without worries, it would be better for the whole party.

i droppped it on my sorcerer too. doesnt play it much. its so weak compared to rogue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

The developers clearly need to re-evaluate some mage's skills. The aggro from Lifegiver is too much (how are mages going to support when their skill are the cause of their death). Follow up by 2 regen upgrades which is again useless in high level...

Warrior/Rogue "Mana! mana plz!"
    Mage *Cast Lifegiver*
    Mage #laying on the floor#
    AL IGN: Zweixii

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zweixii View Post
    The developers clearly need to re-evaluate some mage's skills. The aggro from Lifegiver is too much (how are mages going to support when their skill are the cause of their death). Follow up by 2 regen upgrades which is again useless in high level...

Warrior/Rogue "Mana! mana plz!"
    Mage *Cast Lifegiver*
    Mage #laying on the floor#
    For me it's:

Them: "Mana heal?"
    Me: "Little blue icon at the bottom of the screen"
    Them: "You suck noob"
    Me: "LOL"
    Them: *leaves*

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

I agree with all of you ^^ For me, its usually
    Them: mana
    Me: *ignores and spams pots*
    Them: mana heal
    Me: *still ignores*
    Them: Mage
    Me: yes
    Them: heal
    Me: fine...
    I heal...
    I die...
    Them: thx.

OR when I refuse to heal, this happened to me once

Them: mana
    me: *ignores*
    them: mana
    me: spam mana pots
    them: no u heal
    me: use pots, i'm not gonna heal
    them: *leaves*
    and outside (in this case watcher's tomb entrance)
    Them: looking for a mage who knows how to heal
    Them: watch out for ALHUNTRAZECK he cant heal. nooooooob
    Me: ...

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alhuntrazeck For This Useful Post:

Somewhere in Asia, on an island over the rainbow...double rainbows...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I played Maple Story previously and there is this job called the Cleric/Priest where they will do the healing. When it comes to the undeads, the healing will be damage to the undeads. And if the healing crits, crits damage to the undead.

Back to Arcane Legends, I was thinking if the healing draw so much agro, wouldn't it be nice if they do damage as well? At least if i die from the massive mobs, I would have healed some of the undead skeletons to death before i die.

In the meantime, i dropped the healing skill on my mage. Now becoming more like a battle mage/warlock type. LOL
    PL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) SL: Surfy Com, Meowy Ops, Gravelyn Engi, Warstorm Com DL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) AL: Surfie Sorcerer, Orpisai Warrior, Chiobuu Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

And that becomes the issue because you don't want to die every time you heal you spec out of it. When you spec out everyone particularly warriors with no taunt skill freak out and get abusive ( makes me lol) or quit meanwhile if an elite sang sneezes I get one shot Ko'd
    Last edited by Kraze; 05-01-2013 at 10:00 AM.
    Just my 2 plat

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kraze For This Useful Post:

Lady_Pebbles

Im actually relieved that many other players have the same problem with this skill (& probably the rest of the skills for Mages too). Lets me know Im not the only one lol.

I also refuse to waste money on respecing from a PvP build to a PvE build. Its really annoying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

Im actually relieved that many other players have the same problem with this skill (& probably the rest of the skills for Mages too). Lets me know Im not the only one lol.

I also refuse to waste money on respecing from a PvP build to a PvE build. Its really annoying.

Yes, I stopped using Heal. I didn't spec it out, but I don't use it. Its pretty much useless in elite. Getting aggro from even one elite mob will pretty much kill me.

I also DID stop PVPing because of the necessity to respec.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I fire off a charged heal from the back. If people are over on the other side of the mob, they don't get healed. I like being a healer. I don't think I deserve aggro for it.

It would also be cool to make a skill to divert aggro.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    I fire off a charged heal from the back. If people are over on the other side of the mob, they don't get healed. I like being a healer. I don't think I deserve aggro for it.

It would also be cool to make a skill to divert aggro.
    Heal should dump aggro " oh the smurf isn't trying to kill with his little cap gun lets go after the guy with the giant hammer"
    Just my 2 plat

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kraze For This Useful Post:

Lady_Pebbles

Would be nice Kraze but no point. Instead of directing the problem to another class, just nerf it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Well, if the objective for sorcerers is to be a support class, please don't hamstring the best "support" skill they have. I love supporting. Especially Rogues. Keeps things going smoothly if they don't need to spam health AND mana pots.

EDIT: Off topic. If you're a PVE sorcerer you should be using timeshift. done.

Come on sorcerers. We all know you have a problem with this. Speak up and let your voice be heard. Staying quiet isn't going to change anything.