Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Top Guilds Listing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

basically its a mage/others ratio thing
    the more mages you got the less achievements and vise versa

still sounds like a nice idea i can imagine whos gonna be top 3

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #22
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deadroth View Post
    Just put Rage Of Mages on first place and this will be OK!
    RoM is in the top 10 in the preliminary list.

Assuming RoM is true to its name and is composed mostly of sorcerers, so much for theory (see above post) that "the more mages you got the less achievements..."
    Last edited by H2N; 05-02-2013 at 09:24 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

eh May Get Meh Playing Again
    SILENTDANKZ MALE VAMP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

I do approve of the suggestion.

But I can't say in all honesty that I approve of ratios being listed. My reasoning behind this is that people already leave in pvp matches after getting killed twice in a row because their precious ratio could be ruined. Adding this statistic to the leaderboards as a leaderboard statistic will only make this worse. Doing pick up groups the same thing would occur. I just can't see adding ratios adding any real positive quality to the game.

-Jexy

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jexetta For This Useful Post:

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #25
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jexetta View Post
    I do approve of the suggestion.

But I can't say in all honesty that I approve of ratios being listed. My reasoning behind this is that people already leave in pvp matches after getting killed twice in a row because their precious ratio could be ruined. Adding this statistic to the leaderboards as a leaderboard statistic will only make this worse. Doing pick up groups the same thing would occur. I just can't see adding ratios adding any real positive quality to the game.

-Jexy
    As an alternative to listing actual numbers, one possibility is to just list the ranking number of the guild in that category, so instead of listing the actual 1.8 CTF K/D for a guild, we just list 1 to indicate that the guild is ranked #1 in the CTF K/D category among the top 50 guilds. So, in short, for the Achievement Points, PvE K/D, PvE Kills/Member, CTF K/D, CTF Kills/Member, and CTF Captures/Member data, we don't list the actual number, just the rank number. For the activity % numbers, we would list the actual numbers. Discuss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Just put vengeance up there already, I mean rasi is #1 ove rall, im #1 warrior overall we all have great kd ratio. Hyun has 1000000 pve kills, we should be up there.......... I like the idea though eventhough kd is lame cause people just leave game once getting killed, I also suggest adding times somehow to this (% of guildies with time records) vengeances very own xxsaraixx is the best time trial player out there ahould get credit for that...could u list prelim top 10 ? In no orde r, just curious
    Last edited by Darko; 05-02-2013 at 01:43 PM.
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #27
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    Just put vengeance up there already, I mean rasi is #1 ove rall, im #1 warrior overall we all have great kd ratio. Hyun has 1000000 pve kills, we should be up there.......... I like the idea though eventhough kd is lame cause people just leave game once getting killed, I also suggest adding times somehow to this (% of guildies with time records) vengeances very own xxsaraixx is the best time trial player out there ahould get credit for that...could u list prelim top 10 ? In no orde r, just curious
    Remember, making the Top 50 Guilds listing requires achievement points. Regardless of the guild's other numbers, if the guild isn't in the top 50 in achievement points, it won't make the list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by H2N View Post
    Remember, making the Top 50 Guilds listing requires achievement points. Regardless of the guild's other numbers, if the guild isn't in the top 50 in achievement points, it won't make the list.
    Cool thanks
    Last edited by Darko; 05-02-2013 at 04:06 PM.
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    Would I be safe to say we are up there, 4 out of top 25 in achoevement points are vengeance, I assume wed be up in top 50
    lol hold your horses darkko, this isnt SL

anyways with this kind of content i believe it can make guildies more helpfull with each other.
    you now give us a cause to persue all achievements

Cero has lots of work to do:/
    not much maps, pets, flags, kills, elite/non elite bosses

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    lol hold your horses darkko, this isnt SL

anyways with this kind of content i believe it can make guildies more helpfull with each other.
    you now give us a cause to persue all achievements

Cero has lots of work to do:/
    not much maps, pets, flags, kills, elite/non elite bosses
    If it was sl id still be leveling to 31 right now in sloucho.....haha im wired caffiene

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

H2N / Devs,

I see your concept for posting rankings. From a player perspective I think I would like to know if my guild is nipping on the heels of the guild 1 spot above me or if a guild is closing in on our spot below me. I think most players would like to see the actual numbers.

Really, my only qualm is manipulation of data in non-violating sts terms and conditions ways. My biggest issue with the leaderboard as it stands is the lumping together of all levels of characters together. You can easily have a twink that's level 16 having a 9,000 kills to 400 deaths pvp ratio which doesn't take into reality the realm in which top capped players are fighting in. This isn't something I think can be avoided as any player could farm twink pvp kills and just level up afterwards or do "guild farm" sessions to fix their pvp numbers. It is, however, another leaderboard / category statistic that would highlight the underlying problem that I see. It's kind of like if you lumped kindergarten grades with highschool and had a leaderboard "who has the most A's this year" - the kids at the bottom can easily get better grades and with the older kids at the top it's going to be much more difficult. By adding another layer to the system I think it's going to force a lot of people to be even more conservative with their picking and choosing of teams and quitting if they die a couple times - same goes for pve pick up groups and that's my biggest concern.

Everything else besides k/d ratio I'm all for. I always like to encourage guild members to get elite achievements and help with farming / leveling. Often they see little reason to go for achievements the further along we get in the game if they are new because the achievement mountain is that much higher every expansion. One of the most positive aspects of this proposal is that it encourages guild members to help each other - and that I'm all for.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jexetta For This Useful Post:

14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #32
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jexetta View Post
    H2N / Devs,

I see your concept for posting rankings. From a player perspective I think I would like to know if my guild is nipping on the heels of the guild 1 spot above me or if a guild is closing in on our spot below me. I think most players would like to see the actual numbers.

Really, my only qualm is manipulation of data in non-violating sts terms and conditions ways. My biggest issue with the leaderboard as it stands is the lumping together of all levels of characters together. You can easily have a twink that's level 16 having a 9,000 kills to 400 deaths pvp ratio which doesn't take into reality the realm in which top capped players are fighting in. This isn't something I think can be avoided as any player could farm twink pvp kills and just level up afterwards or do "guild farm" sessions to fix their pvp numbers. It is, however, another leaderboard / category statistic that would highlight the underlying problem that I see. It's kind of like if you lumped kindergarten grades with highschool and had a leaderboard "who has the most A's this year" - the kids at the bottom can easily get better grades and with the older kids at the top it's going to be much more difficult. By adding another layer to the system I think it's going to force a lot of people to be even more conservative with their picking and choosing of teams and quitting if they die a couple times - same goes for pve pick up groups and that's my biggest concern.

Everything else besides k/d ratio I'm all for. I always like to encourage guild members to get elite achievements and help with farming / leveling. Often they see little reason to go for achievements the further along we get in the game if they are new because the achievement mountain is that much higher every expansion. One of the most positive aspects of this proposal is that it encourages guild members to help each other - and that I'm all for.
    Remember, only guild members of level 10 or above are included in the calculations, so it does require the guild member to do some work to get up to at least level 10 before she can contribute to the guild's standing as far as the Top 50 Guilds listing is concerned. The level 10 cutoff is just a number we're currently tossing around. The final list may use a different level cutoff. What are your thoughts on the level 10 cutoff? Should it be higher? lower? Should it be fixed? Should it be relative to the level cap currently in place at the time the report is run - like "half the current level cap" (which would be 15 at this time), or "10 levels below the current level cap" (which would be 21 at this time)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by H2N View Post
    Remember, only guild members of level 10 or above are included in the calculations, so it does require the guild member to do some work to get up to at least level 10 before she can contribute to the guild's standing as far as the Top 50 Guilds listing is concerned. The level 10 cutoff is just a number we're currently tossing around. The final list may use a different level cutoff. What are your thoughts on the level 10 cutoff? Should it be higher? lower? Should it be fixed? Should it be relative to the level cap currently in place at the time the report is run - like "half the current level cap" (which would be 15 at this time), or "10 levels below the current level cap" (which would be 21 at this time)?
    10 levels below would be good

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

just wondering if this "top guild" would have a sub-top guild??

Top Guild over all

Top PvP Guild - Top AP Guild - Top PvE Guild

since this Top50 is based mostly on pvp,pve and ap. that would make some guild to be able to put their name on LB.
    Last edited by Cero; 05-02-2013 at 06:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

I would rather have this be a board in game, along with what cero said. Only with this, i would see it more as another top 25 board tho. But another thing that would motivate members would be to give banners, working similar to the top player board. All the members of a guild on the top 25 ap guilds would get banners. Same with the pve and pvp guilds. But only the #1 top overall guild's members would get the top guild banner.

On a side note, this could also be a bad thing, and could cause something that was already brought up in this thread. Guild hopping. Someone might temporarily jump over to the top guild just to get top banner. So yes, its definitely an idea that would have to be worked with.
    Last edited by Erdnase; 05-02-2013 at 07:27 PM.
    ERDNASE
    Retired Co-Master/Guild Elder of
    CHIVALROUS UNION

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #36
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    just wondering if this "top guild" would have a sub-top guild??

Top Guild over all

Top PvP Guild - Top AP Guild - Top PvE Guild

since this Top50 is based mostly on pvp,pve and ap. that would make some guild to be able to put their name on LB.
    It's still open how we'll determine the "top" guild, considering all of the categories of data that will be displayed. We're giving the following some serious thoughts:

Guild achievement points would be used to determine the 50 guilds that make the list. These 50 guilds would then be ranked by the individual categories of data that would be displayed (achievement points, PvE K/D, PvE Kills/Member, CTF K/D, CTF Kills/Member, CTF Captures/Member, 1d active %, 3d active %, 7d active %, 15d active %, and 30d active %). The average of the guild's ranks in all the individual categories would determine the final ranking. Achievement points would be used as the tie-breaker if 2 (or more) guilds have the same average rank. Discuss.
    Last edited by H2N; 05-02-2013 at 07:57 PM.

19.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #37
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Erdnase View Post
    I would rather have this be a board in game, along with what cero said. Only with this, i would see it more as another top 25 board tho. But another thing that would motivate members would be to give banners, working similar to the top player board. All the members of a guild on the top 25 ap guilds would get banners. Same with the pve and pvp guilds. But only the #1 top overall guild's members would get the top guild banner.

On a side note, this could also be a bad thing, and could cause something that was already brought up in this thread. Guild hopping. Someone might temporarily jump over to the top guild just to get top banner. So yes, its definitely an idea that would have to be worked with.
    We'll look at rewards as a phase 2 thing. Rewards would most likely be title and/or banner, and would probably be given to just the members of the top guild. The rewards would most likely *not* be permanent. It would only be available during the week that the guild is at the top of the list. When the next listing goes out the following week, it would be automatically removed unless that guild is at the top of the new list. So basically, you get the title and/or banner only for the week that your guild is at the top of the list. This is not a seasonal thing, but a continuously ongoing thing, so there is only one set of "trophy" that will get "passed around" to the guild currently at the top of the list.

As for "guild hopping" to the winning guild to get the title and/or banner, we would probably restrict it so that only guild members who were in the guild at the beginning of the weekly period would be eligible for the title and/or banner. Or put another way, a guild member must have been a member for the guild for at least 7 consecutive days at the time the guild makes the top of the list in order to be eligible for the title and/or banner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

the temp banner/title reward is a good idea.

7days of wait seems endurable and short, how about a month?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

I'm a fairly new member of AL - been playing for a month or so now. I started off with a rogue, capped to 25, then a warrior, capped to 25 and finally found my thunder with the mage Meecah, which I capped to 25 during double exp weekend.

I've been working my mage ever since to get the achievement points and get on the leaderboard some day. I find it very difficult to 'compete' with people who have been playing since the beginning because I can never make up for the extra 4-5 months of playtime they've had, unless they take some time off

So I'm a bit concerned with numbers that just build up because it can be quite discouraging for a new member. I'm all for rankings as I'm one of those who strive to be on top, but make it so players perceive it as an achievable goal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

That's greatttt !
    It will be good to us to see all top list guild