Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Closing statements, please read PL forumers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griffinfan View Post
    Clear some PM space
    Oh! Oh! Is it about me?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Clear some PM space
    I did.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

3.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #23
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    803 Posts

Please keep this thread constructive.
    | | |

| |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Oh! Oh! Is it about me?
    Maybeeeeeeeee, maybe not.

The Land Of Trolls. Graduated Medic from The Land Of Trolls.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    The truth of the matter is this:

Until developers take a firm stance against all trolls AS WELL AS those who cause the trolling to initiate (by irking people, spamming the forums, etc), it will not cease.

Those of you know who I am talking about know how you are and also know that I have personally tried. There is only so much you can do.

In short, nice speech, but wrong environment. The people you are talking to are bored players. If you don't believe me, take a look at the AL section. It is much more constructive than the PL side.

I hope you decide to stick around.

Cheers,

~Apollo

This stems from boredom. The forums is already in the troll mentality (I get caught in it as well at times, not going to lie.)
    Actually I'll agree with Griffin, the community nowadays consist of only 10% useful threads, the other 90% not so useful. Also many of us has a choice to troll in the forums. It all depends on your self-control and your mentality.

Sure, I don't condone trolling done here in our forums; I myself admit to occasional trolling at times, but have you noticed many other forums outside of STS? You would see that many trolls still exist in every forums available, from forums that are based on real life, to those that are based on workplaces. Nobody could get rid of trolls altogether, however, you could be the opposite of that by continuing to be a well-known constructive person that gives out opinions or even create great guides for newer generations of players to see. Let the trolls troll, let the developers take care of this matter rather than you having to comment about it. I'm sure that's probably why Hanko, Elyseon and Yich are banned from forums altogether.

However, I do agree with you stating that we should be kind-hearted in the forums altogether, after all, new players and old would prefer a great person in forums that is willing to teach the basics and advanced mechanics of the game, rather than a mean person that brag and troll in forums. I'm so sorry to see a great forumer like you go, but should you ever return, I'm sure I'll be one of the first to welcome you back with open arms.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wendellism For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Delphina View Post
    Please keep this thread constructive.
    Thanks Del.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bootdaddy View Post
    Him and his friend gonna troll it till they get there point across
    their*

I still am not sure how making the forums more readable is trolling
    I am here to help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wendellism View Post
    Actually I'll agree with Griffin, the community nowadays consist of only 10% useful threads, the other 90% not so useful. Also many of us has a choice to troll in the forums. It all depends on your self-control and your mentality.

Sure, I don't condone trolling done here in our forums; I myself admit to occasional trolling at times, but have you noticed many other forums outside of STS? You would see that many trolls still exist in every forums available, from forums that are based on real life, to those that are based on workplaces. Nobody could get rid of trolls altogether, however, you could be the opposite of that by continuing to be a well-known constructive person that gives out opinions or even create great guides for newer generations of players to see. Let the trolls troll, let the developers take care of this matter rather than you having to comment about it. I'm sure that's probably why Hanko, Elyseon and Yich are banned from forums altogether.

However, I do agree with you stating that we should be kind-hearted in the forums altogether, after all, new players and old would prefer a great person in forums that is willing to teach the basics and advanced mechanics of the game, rather than a mean person that brag and troll in forums. I'm so sorry to see a great forumer like you go, but should you ever return, I'm sure I'll be one of the first to welcome you back with open arms.
    After being in these forums for nearly 3 years, Wendellism, trust me when I say that the trolling does infact stem from boredom.

Me, MysticalDream, and others have seen the good, the bad, and the ugly of the forums. To all of those who think that MysticalDream & Elyseon are mean, ugly trolls, I will have to disagree. Yes, sometimes it gets out of hand, I will be the first to admit that.

However, also take a look at their contributions in forums history. There is a saying that goes something like this: "Good deeds will often be ignored while each bad deed will stick out like a sore thumb."

Most of those that troll now were previously huge contributors in the forums community and a contributing reason as to why the game is like it is today. Please, do not forget that because of their current behaviors, which does in fact stem out of boredom.

I believe the player WhoisThis said it best. Each generation of players, the quality decreases. Simply, this is what it is. You see it in game; you see it in forums. In game, it is the annoyance that the wide majority of players do not know simple in-game mechanics. On here, it is that a wide majority of forumers maturity levels & contribution levels have decreased.

That is simply the way MMO life goes.

Now, if you can somehow minimize trolling, I will be the first to give you applause. I have already given my $.02 on this matter to JustG.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wendellism:1082209
    The truth of the matter is this:

Until developers take a firm stance against all trolls AS WELL AS those who cause the trolling to initiate (by irking people, spamming the forums, etc), it will not cease.

Those of you know who I am talking about know how you are and also know that I have personally tried. There is only so much you can do.

In short, nice speech, but wrong environment. The people you are talking to are bored players. If you don't believe me, take a look at the AL section. It is much more constructive than the PL side.

I hope you decide to stick around.

Cheers,

~Apollo

This stems from boredom. The forums is already in the troll mentality (I get caught in it as well at times, not going to lie.)

Hank and ely trolled harmlessly
    Yich, flamed me to heck.
    Griff, you r one of my best buddies (screw that, you're my BEST buddy) and I will miss your posts now and then.
    Yea, many people troll and flame. Im not going to name, but im pretty sure Griff knows who (and he told meh) .
    Its kinda ironic..when me and Griff first knew each other, he hated me cuz of my noob guides. Now months later, hes my best buddy.

Griff, come back to forums sometime whem the community is Better

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

After being in these forums for nearly 3 years, Wendellism, trust me when I say that the trolling does infact stem from boredom.

Me, MysticalDream, and others have seen the good, the bad, and the ugly of the forums. To all of those who think that MysticalDream & Elyseon are mean, ugly trolls, I will have to disagree. Yes, sometimes it gets out of hand, I will be the first to admit that.

However, also take a look at their contributions in forums history. There is a saying that goes something like this: "Good deeds will often be ignored while each bad deed will stick out like a sore thumb."

Most of those that troll now were previously huge contributors in the forums community and a contributing reason as to why the game is like it is today. Please, do not forget that because of their current behaviors, which does in fact stem out of boredom.

I believe the player WhoisThis said it best. Each generation of players, the quality decreases. Simply, this is what it is. You see it in game; you see it in forums. In game, it is the annoyance that the wide majority of players do not know simple in-game mechanics. On here, it is that a wide majority of forumers maturity levels & contribution levels have decreased.

That is simply the way MMO life goes.

Now, if you can somehow minimize trolling, I will be the first to give you applause. I have already given my $.02 on this matter to JustG.

I agree, Except there is always opportunity for the next generation to be better, kinder, and more helpful.

It is a worthy goal.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Griffinfan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

I agree, Except there is always opportunity for the next generation to be better, kinder, and more helpful.

It is a worthy goal.
    ^This deserves top marks!^

Anyways, I would try to guide the new generation of players in the right track, but if they refuse, well... at least I did my part.

There has been many endgame players whose skills are completely bad, I tried to teach them but if they refuse, it's up to them to change themselves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Yea Griffinfan I like the thread, but ya dont have to worry about me though, when it comes to being nice, I'm the 2nd best at that, I'll always welcome new players with big opened arms

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheBedtBird View Post
    Yea Griffinfan I like the thread, but ya dont have to worry about me though, when it comes to being nice, I'm the 2nd best at that, I'll always welcome new players with big opened arms
    Griffin is going and you dare to annoy him with this unthoughtful comment? Please for once show some respect, before I burn you in forums for your trolling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

+1 to that post, Griffin!

I too admit that I've fallen into this boredom that Apollo has brought up and will try to do my best to stay away from that. Others should be encouraged to do the same but obviously not everyone will be able to follow these guidelines.

However, if these are are truly your last posts, I'll miss you here on the forums. I've always enjoyed your posts and threads, so good luck to you in your future endeavors.
    Jcyee: 76 PL Bear | 41 AL Warrior | 36 DL Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Griffin is going and you dare to annoy him with this unthoughtful comment? Please for once show some respect, before I burn you in forums for your trolling.
    I wanted to let GriffinFan know that I'll always be the nice guy here on forums Good thing hes not leaving the game though, I cant speak for the others but; Griffinfan, I'll miss ya man hope you come back one day

Until then, as a romodel of the forums I'll be spreading a positive influence, by every post I post, containing only nice constructive words in them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

I wanted to let GriffinFan know that I'll always be the nice guy here on forums Good thing hes not leaving the game though, I cant speak for the others but; Griffinfan, I'll miss ya man hope you come back one day

Until then, as a romodel of the forums I'll be spreading a positive influence, by every post I post, containing only nice constructive words in them
    What kind of influence will you show off? A dubious influence that gives everyone the impression that you are trying to annoy others? Plus repeatably claiming you best bird/fox isn't going to help most topics and I believe you are merely trying to annoy others by your "Ephesius" showdown.

I'm sorry. I will not respect such annoying behavior like yours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

What kind of influence will you show off? A dubious influence that gives everyone the impression that you are trying to annoy others? Plus repeatably claiming you best bird/fox isn't going to help most topics and I believe you are merely trying to annoy others by your "Ephesius" showdown.

I'm sorry. I will not respect such annoying behavior like yours.
    My intentions arent to annoy, its to help, in my own little special way But Im sorry if my posts do annoy you, again thats not my intention

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

My intentions arent to annoy, its to help, in my own little special way But Im sorry if my posts do annoy you, again thats not my intention
    So stop with that Ephesius brawl. And while you're at it quit calling yourself the best/second best.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Anyways, I would try to guide the new generation of players in the right track, but if they refuse, well... at least I did my part.

I'm pretty sure you've summed it up best right here, and in addition to Apollo's idea of the quality of players decreasing with every generation, everything seems to make sense. The oldies have tried incessantly to educate and advise the newer generations to emulate those of the past, the true 'founders' of the game and forums, per se. However, as you said, some (and in this case, many) of the newer players have refused to heed our advice. Because of this, the quality of the game and found has declined exponentially.

I heard it explained best in the lyrics of a rap song; the lyrics talked about how new rappers try to emulate older rappers and look to them for guidance and inspiration, but the current rappers have degenerated more and more from what true rapping is, and just imagine what the rappers of tomorrow are gonna be like if things are so bad right now. PL is much in the same, newer players are just following in the footsteps of the older generations but with their own twist on things and things have degenerated so badly that they'll never return to what they've once been before.

Basically, live with it if you can, if you can't then I guess you'll leave if you really can't put up with it.

-------AEO-------

23. The Following User Says Thank You to NECROREAPER For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

So stop with that Ephesius brawl. And while you're at it quit calling yourself the best/second best.
    Dont worry, I wont say it all the time, because my sig says it for me Glad we can reach a understanding Wendalism, thanks for the good chat Now time to get back on topic, and it is 3:31 in the morning, gotta catch some shut eye