Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Shield - How it works as of 5/7/13

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    That post by Swede is probably the single best, technical, game oriented post I've come across in quite some time!

Please, please, please describe some of the other calculations used in this game!

It's not that I actually like math formulas, but to actually understand what is happening, instead of just guessing at it, well, that is priceless. It helps me refine my build and improve my tactics tremendously. Without this little tidbit, most people would continue to assume that the only worthwhile benefit of STR for Sorcerers is just HP, at the cost of mana and DMG. Now we have a real reason to respec and use STR!

Hopefully, we can get some insight into what Bonus DMG% does, how critical hit damage is calculated, how armor reduces damage, etc. It would help me with those agonizing decisions on whether to sacrifice armor for HP and on which passives I should be spending my skill points.
    +1337 to you Syntax.

Personally when i get to a certain point in a game, in this case grinding out the experience to go from 30 to 31, i tend to really critique my gear, stats, skills, pets, play-style, etc.
    Meaning i break down the math. Which in this game (without confirmation from insiders) it is nearly impossible to do so.

I was trying to figure out how much of certain stats increase their associated attributes at each level, only to find out that there is NO DISCERNIBLE PATTERN WHAT SO EVER...
    Just as an example I found out info like; 1 Dex at lvl 1 would increase your dodge buy .02 percent, lvl 2 .01, lvl 3 .014, and so on.

Needless to say i quickly gave up on that adventure.... lol.
    This is my personal and unique signature.

That took me awhile....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Altic View Post
    +1337 to you Syntax.

Personally when i get to a certain point in a game, in this case grinding out the experience to go from 30 to 31, i tend to really critique my gear, stats, skills, pets, play-style, etc.
    Meaning i break down the math. Which in this game (without confirmation from insiders) it is nearly impossible to do so.

I was trying to figure out how much of certain stats increase their associated attributes at each level, only to find out that there is NO DISCERNIBLE PATTERN WHAT SO EVER...
    Just as an example I found out info like; 1 Dex at lvl 1 would increase your dodge buy .02 percent, lvl 2 .01, lvl 3 .014, and so on.

Needless to say i quickly gave up on that adventure.... lol.
    It would be immensely beneficial to have the ability to calculate diminishing returns for stats & skills... hint hint - get on it @Samhayne