Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drop rate of mythic armor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Default Drop rate of mythic armor

Is it me, or does there appear to be a serious shortage of mythic armor out there? It seems to
    me that there were far more mythic helms than there are mythic armor at compatible time points
    after their introduction. There seemed to be plenty of mythic helms in the ah a couple weeks after
    their introduction, but you rarely see a mythic armor for sale in the ah or on the forums now a
    couple weeks after their introduction. My thoughts on why this might be:

1) People are just not opening as many crates as they did last season, or...

2) Something is wrong with the drop rates.

STS, could you please shed some light on how the drops of these from the crates works? I am a
    little concerned. Say the drop rate of a mythic item is 1% from a crate. Then last season 1 mythic
    helm would drop for every 100 crates opened. Now fast forward to this season. Say the drop rate
    of a mythic item from a crate is still 1%, but it now has to be shared between mythic helms and
    mythic armor. Then 1 mythic armor is dropping for every 200 crates opened. This would make
    mythic armor much less common than mythic helms, and make it impossible for matching mythic
    armor to complete the sets of all of the mythic helms already out there. This on top of the fact that
    helms are also still dropping. I hope this is not the case. I also hope it is not the case with arcane
    items, as this will mean that arcane hammers will be less common than hooks, and the arcane mage
    weapon will be incredibly rare next season as the already incredibly rare drop of a mythic item from
    a crate will have to be split between three different items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

No it's b/c golds flooding the market somehow and most of the farmers/pvpers/leaderboarders are willing to fork out the 10-15m it takes to buy one so ofc theres a shortage atm.
    Unlike pinks, mythic items seem to have a good track record and it's a great investment in many ways.

& also imho the average player is much richer in this expansion than they were at l31 or even l26/16 which explains why even mythic helms are being bought up and seems to be "short on stock" as well.

For the game developers I think the current market right now is pretty ideal.
    If you're willing to fork out the extra 10-20% above market prices, you can definitely find a seller so they're in no way as rare and unobtainable as the arcane items.
    This is why we don't see too many "raise drop rates for mythic" threads.
    This also in turn keeps craters crating which helps support this game and it's future expansions.

For the drop rates, it's really possible helms have a higher drop rate than armors which makes perfect sense.
    In pretty much all mmo's the most valuable gear is always the weapons slot followed by chest piece and helm and finally jewellery.
    If you make the higher valued gear as common as the lower valued gear then that would most definitely offset the balance.
    Last edited by gundamsone; 05-08-2013 at 02:30 AM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gundamsone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

"STS, could you please shed some light on how the drops of these from the crates works?"
    I'm almost positive they won't give any definitive numbers in regards to drop rates.

"Say the drop rate of a mythic item is 1% from a crate. Then last season 1 mythic
    helm would drop for every 100 crates opened. Now fast forward to this season. Say the drop rate
    of a mythic item from a crate is still 1%, but it now has to be shared between mythic helms and
    mythic armor. Then 1 mythic armor is dropping for every 200 crates opened. This would make
    mythic armor much less common than mythic helms, and make it impossible for matching mythic
    armor to complete the sets of all of the mythic helms already out there. This on top of the fact that
    helms are also still dropping. I hope this is not the case."

Actually no, what you suggest wouldn't make either of the items more common than the other. The helms may seem more common because there are still a lot floating around from the previous season.

"I also hope it is not the case with arcane items, as this will mean that arcane hammers will be less common than hooks, and the arcane mage
    weapon will be incredibly rare next season as the already incredibly rare drop of a mythic item from
    a crate will have to be split between three different items."

See above reply.
    This is my personal and unique signature.

That took me awhile....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Altic View Post
    "STS, could you please shed some light on how the drops of these from the crates works?"
    I'm almost positive they won't give any definitive numbers in regards to drop rates.

"Say the drop rate of a mythic item is 1% from a crate. Then last season 1 mythic

Actually no, what you suggest wouldn't make either of the items more common than the other. The helms may seem more common because there are still a lot floating around from the previous season.

"I also hope it is not the case with arcane items, as this will mean that arcane hammers will be less common than hooks, and the arcane mage

See above reply.
    I think what Drgrimmy was implying is the fact that mythic helms instantly popped up in the ah in dozens within the first few weeks of the l26 expansion, compared to what we're seen seeing now.
    I'm not 100% sure on this but i've only seen/heard around 6-10 mythic armors being listed in the AH since this expansion began.
    Ofc with such a steep price tag, it's common practice to avoid the gross 5% fees and sell outside the AH which also contributes to the low numbers being seen in there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Really ive never opened a 2k work of item in the locked crates!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I wish there were more mythic & arcane items floating around, some legendary armour is like painted papier mache in comparison.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

does anyone know an approximate drop rate, or at least range, for the mythic armor in the elite gold warchests? also, is the % higher or lower than receiving it in a crate?
    red, white, blue's in the skies. summer's in the air and baby, heaven's in your eyes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Altic View Post

See above reply.
    I am fully aware that STS does not appear to ever release specific drop rates for certain items. I just want to raise a possible concern about the current drop rates of mythic and arcane gear, and I hope that it is something that STS took into consideration. It does not appear as though my original post was clear, so I will restate with a more clear example of what I am talking about. And, yes, if mythic armors and helms are currently dropping at the same rate there will always be a surplus of mythic helms in comparison to mythic armor, up until the point they just become collector items.

Lets take the example of arcane weapons, and for the sake of simplicity we will ignore the presence of arcane pet drops: Assume that approximately 10,000 crates are opened per season and that the rate of an arcane weapon dropping from a crate is 0.1% or 1 in 1000. Now we will set up two different scenarios: 1) the drop rate of arcane weapons overall from crates is kept consistent between seasons and is split between the various arcane weapons that are available; and 2) the drop rate of each individual arcane weapon is kept consistent between each season with the overall drop rate of arcane weapons from crates increasing between seasons as more arcane weapons become introduced (I think less likely).

1)
    Hooks Hammer Mage Weapon
    Season III 10,000x0.001=10 0 0
    Season IV (10,000x0.001)/2=5 (10,000x0.001)/2=5 0
    Season V (10,000x0.001)/3 = 3.3 (10,000x0.001)/3 = 3.3 (10,000x0.001)/3 = 3.3
    Total 18.3 8.3 3.3

2)
    Hooks Hammer Mage Weapon
    Season III 10,000x0.001=10 0 0
    Season IV 10,000x0.001=10 10,000x0.001=10 0
    Season V 10,000x0.001= 10 10,000x0.001= 10 10,000x0.001= 10
    Total 30 20 10

In either scenario there will always be less of a supply of the mythic and arcane items that are introduced later. Furthermore, if the drop rates are alloquated as in scenario 1), in which the overall drop rate of arcane weapons from a crate is kept constant between seasons but just becomes divided up between the available items, the supply of items introduced later is alarmingly low in comparison to those first introduced. I am somewhat concerned about this as I cannot really imagine STS increasing the overal drop rate of arcane weapons from season to season as new items are introduced.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

WOW to complicated for my little brain..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Dear drgrimmy ,
    if sts made the drop rates for the mythics higher, the price of it will go down and thats regarding for point (2).
    if everybody had a mythic helm and armor and arcane weapon what is the use of it anymore ? imagine a game
    that everybody have the best gears there should be some competition in the game, otherwise the game will be
    boring .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psychoscream View Post
    Dear drgrimmy ,
    if sts made the drop rates for the mythics higher, the price of it will go down and thats regarding for point (2).
    if everybody had a mythic helm and armor and arcane weapon what is the use of it anymore ? imagine a game
    that everybody have the best gears there should be some competition in the game, otherwise the game will be
    boring .
    I don't think he ever asked STS to increase drop rates.

@Drgrimmy... are you saying the helms still drop from crates??

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    @Drgrimmy... are you saying the helms still drop from crates??
    Yes, they do.

The point he's trying to make is that from opening crates, the chances of getting mythic armor are literally half of what they were getting helms last season. Because within the chance to get a mythic loot, there are now 6 different gears to get instead of 3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Ive seen more arcane hammers than mythic armor, that doesnt make since to me.....mythic was a little more abundant before, ive yet to see one in auxtion yet
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    Ive seen more arcane hammers than mythic armor, that doesnt make since to me.....mythic was a little more abundant before, ive yet to see one in auxtion yet
    Honestly, I think the problem with no seeing them in Auction is that its cost prohibitive for a lot of people. I know several people that have mythic armors that would like to sell (and some people with multiples). But they don't want to pay 150k or whatever it is just to list it.

I don't remember what mythic helms topped out at. I want to say around 8M. Mythic armor are going for almost 2x times that (or have been)

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

What imho? lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    No it's b/c golds flooding the market somehow and most of the farmers/pvpers/leaderboarders are willing to fork out the 10-15m it takes to buy one so ofc theres a shortage atm.
    Unlike pinks, mythic items seem to have a good track record and it's a great investment in many ways.

& also imho the average player is much richer in this expansion than they were at l31 or even l26/16 which explains why even mythic helms are being bought up and seems to be "short on stock" as well.

For the game developers I think the current market right now is pretty ideal.
    If you're willing to fork out the extra 10-20% above market prices, you can definitely find a seller so they're in no way as rare and unobtainable as the arcane items.
    This is why we don't see too many "raise drop rates for mythic" threads.
    This also in turn keeps craters crating which helps support this game and it's future expansions.

For the drop rates, it's really possible helms have a higher drop rate than armors which makes perfect sense.
    In pretty much all mmo's the most valuable gear is always the weapons slot followed by chest piece and helm and finally jewellery.
    If you make the higher valued gear as common as the lower valued gear then that would most definitely offset the balance.
    Agreed on Armor-Helm-Jewel analogy

@LinkinCena In my Honest Opinion

@psychoscream He's clearly not asking for the drop rates to be increased, I suggest you go through the OP's thread again and thoroughly examine once more. Repeating the same line all over again with regards to the "Not-gonna-happen-cause-imagine-the-game-with-players-having-the best gear" proves to be a repetitive and excruciating litany that most of us know. Just a head's up We all can foresee that scenario, worry not.
    Last edited by Limsi; 05-09-2013 at 03:15 AM.
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I'll say this much! I've seem more hammers recently than hooks on the market! As for mythic armor, it's mainly too expensive to list of Ah and many people can find buyers outside and not lose the 5%

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zanpakuto View Post
    I'll say this much! I've seem more hammers recently than hooks on the market! As for mythic armor, it's mainly too expensive to list of Ah and many people can find buyers outside and not lose the 5%
    I've noticed the same with Glacian eggs as well. The last 4 arcane eggs sold in the AH were ALL glacians.
    However I did pick up a pair of freshly looted hooks today off a l.27 who took 130 crates to loot it:P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

You don't even know what you don't even know, huh? Not every player is on the forums. Not every player that loots the subject items are selling them. Lastly, not every player that has the subject items brags about them. Saying that, no ones knows how much Mythic and Arcane items there are out there. I know for a fact if I looted Mythic armor, no one would know (wear vanities all the time....ok i might show off to guildies...lol). I looted a Hammerjaw, two ppl knew...me and the person I sold it to. So, You don't even know what you don't even know.

P.S. Plz somebody sell me that freaking armor already...lol.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Not really complaining, not asking for an increase in drop rates, just pointing out an observation
    and a potential flaw that I see in drop rates going forward with the introduction of more mythic
    and arcane gear. And yes, you don't know what you don't know and I believe that STS likes
    keeping it that way, for better or for worse. I will just keep saving, and I am sure if I really want it
    I too will get my armor sometime in the future, that is if I don't quit this game first