Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drop rate of mythic armor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psychoscream View Post
    Dear drgrimmy ,
    if sts made the drop rates for the mythics higher, the price of it will go down and thats regarding for point (2).
    if everybody had a mythic helm and armor and arcane weapon what is the use of it anymore ? imagine a game
    that everybody have the best gears there should be some competition in the game, otherwise the game will be
    boring .
    I don't believe when you say "boring" because lots of people have those items. I, myself would be happy when you have those gears that you're dreaming to. You know, there are still would be lots of arcane, mythic rarities to be made in the upcoming expansions . Why not give there best to give all those locked crate openers a chance of getting those. People would be more happy. Believe me.
    ^ Battle Dragons IGN

Et tu, brute?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greencrow View Post
    I don't believe when you say "boring" because lots of people have those items. I, myself would be happy when you have those gears that you're dreaming to. You know, there are still would be lots of arcane, mythic rarities to be made in the upcoming expansions . Why not give there best to give all those locked crate openers a chance of getting those. People would be more happy. Believe me.
    I can't agree with you on this. Think of lottery tickets, it's very similar.
    Yes they're cheaper but the win rate is lightyears lower than looting a mythic/arcane.
    Yet people still waste money every week buying them even when they know it's near impossible to win.
    However in this game, crating is somewhat of a more guaranteed winning. I'm sure if you open 10 000 crates you'll definitely get something.

As a dev said in another post, these items are obtainable for free. For the players who don't have the time they take the short-cut route and crate while the majority of the population farm and save up their money.
    Once you own one, it really makes you feel "special" b/c people just loveeeee to feel special and unique in online games.
    Yes they're willing to put more time and even personal money to have this status in game, and yes they're also selfish enough to not want everyone else to own them, and yes these players are not wrong in any way to think this way.

Anyways I think one aspect of the "fun" in a game is when a player is saving endlessly for an item they've always dreamt of.
    It's also what any game developer would want, something that keeps a player running.
    If you take this away and give players everything they demand, then that sucks the fun out of it wouldn't you agree?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

I agree, it is nice to have something to work for, and I am definitely not pushing to make these
    items more common. The sense of accomplishment in working/saving for a rare and expensive
    item is great. I am also all too familiar with the crushing blow it is when that rare item becomes
    common because of some unknown change in drop rates (PL, dragon, cough, cough).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

@drgrimmy Looking back my post could be taken as a rude or snarky comment lol.
    If anyone took it as such im sorry, my writing doesn't seem to reflect my emotions well lol
    This is my personal and unique signature.

That took me awhile....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Altic For This Useful Post: