Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: My opinion on AL platinum reliance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Maybe not trading plat, cause some people will abuse it. Maybe a gold into plat option for the free players : )

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iluvataris For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Unfortunately, they can't. You can thank Apple for that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by braverock View Post
    indeedm, lim, why they not make players can be back to the map when accidentally DC or clicked out, etc... hhhh, i often only 2 ppl left till boss, even solo sometimes,,, took 1 hr moreless sometimes,,, geezzzzz, bad party elite system,,,i think im dead collectorrr now,,,

Brave! don't feed the beast...lol. Even when ppl leave we still own every map we go to (;
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zuzeq For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iluvataris View Post
    Maybe not trading plat, cause some people will abuse it. Maybe a gold into plat option for the free players : )
    yeah 15 plat or 15k gold for open locked crate will be fair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzeq View Post
    Brave! don't feed the beast...lol. Even when ppl leave we still own every map we go to (;
    beasttt,,,,,lol, need armor more than 1400 to not 1 hit dead,,,,, bugs??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

The problem with the game is the drop rate. The game should make it fair to players who farm all day all week to get good drops.

With enough time doesnt guarentee you to get good drops which is why a lot of players are leaving.

The drop rate/chance must be fair to players.

*DivineHawkz -46 Operative
    Tired and sad but fun.. - Feitan

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kateku For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

no one cant abuse,,we can't buy plats from game with gold, coz they drops things and give gold for free, so their revenue will down if that happen,

so the option only between players can be traded. they (the AL game) can keep sell plats with real money,,,,we can buy plats from the players that have alot plats, with any agreement how much gold they can accept,,,, this will be better environment for all players free or not, coz sometimes player has plats but dont have any gold, or need fast gold,,,,,,
    Last edited by braverock; 05-10-2013 at 05:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kateku View Post
    The problem with the game is the drop rate. The game should make it fair to players who farm all day all week to get good drops.

With enough time doesnt guarentee you to get good drops which is why a lot of players are leaving.

The drop rate/chance must be fair to players.
    This is the true problem with the Nordr expansion. Unlike the prior seasons there's no map were you can do Elite runs that last anywhere from 2-6 minutes (depending on the skill of the group of course), for example Brackenridge Village (Jarl), Tower of Mardrom (Mardrom) or Southern Seas (Hammerhead). Instead we have now Elite maps that take anywhere from 8-12 minutes (even more, again depending on the skill of the group) to complete and the drop rates are still ridiculously low. This can get very discouraging for many players. To spend so much time doing a run and probably dying a lot (if not in good groups or properly geared) and getting absolutely nothing for their efforts at the end. It even gets discouraging for me who has the luxury of not only playing with plat but everytime I do runs I'm in very good groups (friends & guildmates). So imagine how the "casual" player who might not have those luxuries feels? I think drop rates for chests and crates should increase or the bosses difficulty (maybe HP) should be considerably lowered!
    PL: Enisceloz: Level 76 (Warrior/Tank/Eni Express...Choo Choo!!!!)
    AL: Enisceloz: Level 26 (Warrior/Tank/Exterminator)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

When you have the drop rates so low you need to do the maps as fast as possible. Its like rolling dice, the more rolls you get the more chances you have to hitting a certain number. So I am reluctant to play with random people now and just sit around either inviting or waiting for invites. Its not worth the time or gold to play with random people if it takes 20 mins to complete a map. And without this juggernaught quest, I wouldn't have any elite golden warchests lately. But I have farmed so much, I have gotten silvers and coppers but no goldens. Its kind of sad and I am wondering why I am even bothering to put in the effort. I feel like there needs to be at least one map where you can join and be able to play quickly like under 5 mins. And longer maps should have some attraction that makes it more profitable to farm. The legendary weapons that currently drop are pretty much unachievable unless you use a loot reroller constantly. And even then you end up getting a pink that isn't one you want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    When you have the drop rates so low you need to do the maps as fast as possible. Its like rolling dice, the more rolls you get the more chances you have to hitting a certain number. So I am reluctant to play with random people now and just sit around either inviting or waiting for invites. Its not worth the time or gold to play with random people if it takes 20 mins to complete a map. And without this juggernaught quest, I wouldn't have any elite golden warchests lately. But I have farmed so much, I have gotten silvers and coppers but no goldens. Its kind of sad and I am wondering why I am even bothering to put in the effort. I feel like there needs to be at least one map where you can join and be able to play quickly like under 5 mins. And longer maps should have some attraction that makes it more profitable to farm. The legendary weapons that currently drop are pretty much unachievable unless you use a loot reroller constantly. And even then you end up getting a pink that isn't one you want.
    The map you are looking for are the Elite Mines, unfortunately you have to pay 10 Plat lol. Pending what team you get you are able to beat most bosses in 5 minutes or less. This might increase the chance of getting you either a Gold Chest or a Pink Item (if you have a Luck Elixir) per runs! However again you must fork over Plat for the run and the Luck Elixir! So this totally favor plat users like me.
    PL: Enisceloz: Level 76 (Warrior/Tank/Eni Express...Choo Choo!!!!)
    AL: Enisceloz: Level 26 (Warrior/Tank/Exterminator)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enisceloz View Post
    The map you are looking for are the Elite Mines, unfortunately you have to pay 10 Plat lol. Pending what team you get you are able to beat most bosses in 5 minutes or less. This might increase the chance of getting you either a Gold Chest or a Pink Item (if you have a Luck Elixir) per runs! However again you must fork over Plat for the run and the Luck Elixir! So this totally favor plat users like me.
    Plat mines are just paid cheating. I would rather pay a one time fee to get access to new maps, then pay a re-occurring cost to play the same thing over and over again. Which is nothing new just a time saver. Because if I do 80 free runs and I get nothing, I would have still done 16 free runs and spent 160 plat and still got nothing. I understand they have to pay bills.
    Last edited by Justg; 05-10-2013 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Don't insult the devs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Sorry to barge in this discussion... but you get:

- A game
    - Online suport
    - Online servers
    - Most of the things are acessible trough gold or other options
    - Mobility (iphone, android, pc)
    - NO ADS

And all this is for FREE... but you still complain... LOL... i don't get it... and i had tis dicussion with a friend of mine... if there's no real money involved... how do you expect the game to survive? Platinum players are a necessity... and since they are expending their real money they expect advantages...

Anyway that's only my two cents on the matter,

Regards
    Dany

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dsantoz View Post

- A game
    - Online suport
    - Online servers
    - NO ADS

And all this is for FREE... but you still complain... LOL... i don't get it... and i had tis dicussion with a friend of mine... if there's no real money involved... how do you expect the game to survive? Platinum players are a necessity... and since they are expending their real money they expect advantages...

Regards
    Dany
    I can't agree with you more. This game can be played for free if you choose to. The only real advantage of platinum players is they save time by paying for elite mines/locked chest.

All of the arcane/mythic items can be obtained from elite golden chest. There are only a few platinum exclusive pets and their stats aren't great enough to give unfair advantage to platinum players.

And seriously, if you like the game enough to care about drop rate and arcane/mythic items, maybe you should support STS by buying some platinum or doing some free platinum offers. I understand there might be people who can't buy platinum or some countries don't get the free platinum offers, but the rest of you should show them some support (if you really the game).

I think kids nowadays are just used to the idea of "free" content through pirate and torrents and they forget that nothing is really "free" in the real world.

FYI, I've only spent about $10 on platinum when I first played game to show my support, and did a few free platinum offers, and I've never open a locked chest, so I am not really a big platinum player.

Lady_Pebbles

@Aracnus & Zanpakuto: Exactly. Its really frustrating. If the casual aspect of the game was back then it would be more enjoyable. Also, if the elixirs from Shazbot & Klaas actually lasted long enough during runs then it would also be more enjoyable. Too much time wasted looking for a PuG or guild run thats not only consistent but actually has full runs with a Tank that stays before & during the runs. Its really annoying for players like me who don't play the game that much due to many factors (life in general & the game becoming more of a chore than fun).

I actually want to keep playing but not sure what to do anymore. I put money into AL and all the other games like many others did too so it would be nice if I can enjoy it when I can't afford to spend moola.

Maybe they could allow the Nordr dungeon to be accessible for free once a day and let the freaken free elixirs last long enough.. then perhaps these unneccessary long maps wouldn't be such a drag to run. Especially when your main is a Mage & hence more squishie lol.

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 05-10-2013 at 11:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

+99!

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk HD
    ^ Battle Dragons IGN

Et tu, brute?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dsantoz View Post

- A game
    - Online suport
    - Online servers
    - NO ADS

Regards
    Dany

Im not complaining about anything plat based aside from nordr regular bosses basically requiring plat elix boosts or plat tesurrection at end just to beat and get credit for lol.

Im cool with crates and such causes u gotta pay employees but my god the casual non-elite random team has no chance at normal norde bosses. Plain and simple. Yeah sure half the thread commenters can solo them due to awesome gear but us majority free play casual players cant even get randoms to stay and fight boss...

I had a random team fight grimnr yesterday while waiting on transit to work and once he got to 40% and started spamming wide red and vacuum and swinging onhitters they all bailed and i raged. Even bloodhammer wasnt this bad nor was the other hard kraken bosses. U could actually get ppl to stay and finish ..if they didnt reset..oh god dont get me started on 10%the health party kill then rest and rage fest...even when u plat respawn...and then spawn in ice and auto die cause he comes and onehits u again...rage...rage...

I mainly.merch now and wait till next expansion so i can lvl up enough to beat this campaign and rage over next.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stackz View Post
    Im not complaining about anything plat based aside from nordr regular bosses basically requiring plat elix boosts or plat tesurrection at end just to beat and get credit for lol.

Im cool with crates and such causes u gotta pay employees but my god the casual non-elite random team has no chance at normal norde bosses. Plain and simple. Yeah sure half the thread commenters can solo them due to awesome gear but us majority free play casual players cant even get randoms to stay and fight boss...

I had a random team fight grimnr yesterday while waiting on transit to work and once he got to 40% and started spamming wide red and vacuum and swinging onhitters they all bailed and i raged. Even bloodhammer wasnt this bad nor was the other hard kraken bosses. U could actually get ppl to stay and finish ..if they didnt reset..oh god dont get me started on 10%the health party kill then rest and rage fest...even when u plat respawn...and then spawn in ice and auto die cause he comes and onehits u again...rage...rage...

I mainly.merch now and wait till next expansion so i can lvl up enough to beat this campaign and rage over next.
    I think it's getting better now that there is a daily quest to kill normal bosses. I was trying to level up my mage yesterday, there were plenty of pug group willing to stay and fight the boss on the normal map. I remember before the new daily quest when I was level up my rogue, I can hardly find anyone from PUG willing to stay for the bosses; I had to solo the maps with lvl 26 pink gears and spent thousands in pot.

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by wawawa64:1099286
    I think it's getting better now that there is a daily quest to kill normal bosses. I was trying to level up my mage yesterday, there were plenty of pug group willing to stay and fight the boss on the normal map. I remember before the new daily quest when I was level up my rogue, I can hardly find anyone from PUG willing to stay for the bosses; I had to solo the maps with lvl 26 pink gears and spent thousands in pot.

Its a tad better with a small set back. The new Nordr Quests from Bard in stronhold that make you go to an entirely new map; kill boss 10x & 200 enemies etc... some give 300exp as a reward when we finish. The problem is we don't get gold or exp while waiting for the boss to spawn each time and so we waste pots like crazy.