Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Orion

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Default Orion

When the Orion attacks , dont inflinge damage to enemies , I prove this in story tokens and all the times , when orion attacks , I reading: miss, miss, miss, miss....

Regards

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Spacetime Studios Dev
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    210 Posts

Your pet is too low a level and the mobs in the stories scale to your level, so your pet misses more

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

When doing the story token quests, I can confirm that my Orion (lv31) deals damage just fine.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Ok thanks guys!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Orion Pet Miss, Miss, Miss - No Damage!!

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    When doing the story token quests, I can confirm that my Orion (lv31) deals damage just fine.
    I have to disagree with this or agree with Puntus. My Orion does no damage what so ever. he is level 20 and goes thru the motion of attacking but does not hit and no damage. Miss, Miss, Miss......

I have taken a video of the problem to show what is happening. When I let him do the attacking of baddies by himself he does no damage to them while they continue to hit away at me.

To be honest, I have only just noticed this. As my Orion has started to achieve a better level I began to take notice of his interactions out of interest and then noticed this problem. Could it be only certain maps? I need to test that.

Update: After posting I have read other posts where people are saying how good orion is. So I have tested my claims and so far the problem is only occurring (for me anyway) in the Kraaken Mines (I, II and III). If I notice the problem anywhere else I will add to that list.

I did take snaps while i tested but they look the same as the video I took of it.
    Last edited by euromikeym; 05-10-2013 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Testing!

MAXIMUSMIX - ZELVIRA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by euromikeym View Post
    I have to disagree with this or agree with Puntus. My Orion does no damage what so ever. he is level 20 and goes thru the motion of attacking but does not hit and no damage. Miss, Miss, Miss......

I have taken a video of the problem to show what is happening. When I let him do the attacking of baddies by himself he does no damage to them while they continue to hit away at me.

To be honest, I have only just noticed this. As my Orion has started to achieve a better level I began to take notice of his interactions out of interest and then noticed this problem. Could it be only certain maps? I need to test that.

Update: After posting I have read other posts where people are saying how good orion is. So I have tested my claims and so far the problem is only occurring (for me anyway) in the Kraaken Mines (I, II and III). If I notice the problem anywhere else I will add to that list.

I did take snaps while i tested but they look the same as the video I took of it.
    My guess is that, as Lojack stated, it's because you're lvl30 while your pet is only lv20. In every place where mobs scale, like those mines, it means your pet is so low lvl that it hardly can hit anything or destroy/kill/dmg anything.

I'd say, lvl him up to 30 at least. My bet is that it will damage stuff just fine by then.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Another Sigh of Sadness!

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    My guess is that, as Lojack stated, it's because you're lvl30 while your pet is only lv20. In every place where mobs scale, like those mines, it means your pet is so low lvl that it hardly can hit anything or destroy/kill/dmg anything.

I'd say, lvl him up to 30 at least. My bet is that it will damage stuff just fine by then.
    Well if my Pet is so 'LOW LEVEL' how come his attacks work on barrels, crit hits on mobs when I play in the Nordr Crystal Caverns and other Nordr maps?

If he is so weak why does he have no problem with attacking and causing damage to mobs that are more difficult. And with mobs that are easier, and barrels and chests he wont hit. He just misses them. Wont open barrels or chests to get the gold out.

Have STS given us a pet that is pretty much useless until he hits level cap (31)? If so they should be paying us 90 Plat for training him up..

It is '*** about face' as they say. My Orion cant attack lower mobs because he is so weak. But has no problem with more difficult mobs just weakly attacking I guess. Please don't tell me this is just another imbalance in the game!!!!

How can this be right? Do you guys just make it up as you go along?

update: later on I tried with my level 30 Rogue with her level 20 Talon in the same maps (Kraaken Mines) and her pet has no problems attacking and doing damage and opening chests, even though he is so 'WEAK'!

I don't know why I am wasting my breath. If you DEVS can't even fix the problems with stats showing up why would you even want to fix this. Just another example of why this game is unfair to play.
    Last edited by euromikeym; 05-11-2013 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Update!

MAXIMUSMIX - ZELVIRA