Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Can sts please make one way gates for spawn zones in PvP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Hello Threny, I did say that it was in the flag room in DL!

I really do miss those gates, and sunlight switches in DL pvp - they really were so much fun when used properly.

I'm really looking forward to those magic swirls from Swede! Thanks for taking in all the suggestions lately guys

I think what Dark is suggesting is probably the easiest solution to implement. I'm not sure it is this easy, but developers would only need to code "when x player dies, re-spawn player and apply the invulnerable elixer buff". The benefits are as Dark mentioned above.

The other suggestions I've heard to bullet and summarize them for everyone :

• 3 second invulnerable buff
    • Only 1 person from the opposite team would be able to enter the opposite players spawn zone
    • Every player that enters a opposite teams spawn zone would receive damage over time similar to the flag carry damage over time
    • Clickable gates
    • Fog of war
    • Kills do not count in circle portion of the spawn area - once you leave the spawn area however the kill will count - you can't just run back in to be safe. Then it resets again when you die and respawn.

Obviously graphical solutions are the hardest to implement, though they would be really fun - I love the thought of adding another layer of strategy to the game. I think I like the invulnerable and the graphic solutions the best. I can see the other suggestions people taking advantage of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

None of the others games have gotten this so I doubt it will happen any time soon (We've been waiting for 2 years for this update in PL, no reply)

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djironlung View Post
    cero is just simply afraid to have to face people on a level playing field when everyone else just agrees this is a good idea
    lol. says to the guy who only cares for flags.

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #44
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Alright, should be changed in the next patch.

I made players who die in PvP maps invulnerable when they resurrect, until they leave the spawn room. So if you want to spawn camp, you'll be fighting invulnerable players in that room.

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Swede For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post

I made players who die in PvP maps invulnerable when they resurrect, until they leave the spawn room. So if you want to spawn camp, you'll be fighting invulnerable players in that room.
    yay a safe zone but make sure ppl in that room cant fire also lol. its like people gonna camp there and shoot outside the little room (or block it so people cant receive damage from people that are camping in the room.. a invulnerable timer at time of spawn could work too "10 sec" head start to run away and cant fire). XD
    Last edited by octavos; 05-17-2013 at 05:21 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #46
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    yay a safe zone but make sure ppl in that room cant fire also lol. its like people gonna camp there and shoot outside the little room (or block it so people cant receive damage from people that are camping in the room.. a invulnerable timer at time of spawn could work too "10 sec" head start to run away and cant fire). XD
    There shouldn't be a reason for enemy players to go near that room, so not too concerned with them sitting in there and shooting out. Just stand out of range.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

There shouldn't be a reason for enemy players to go near that room, so not too concerned with them sitting in there and shooting out. Just stand out of range.
    I see, hope it works out..if not the 10 sec head start works too lol. thz for the reply.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well. I would settle for a more interesting (outdoors) pvp arena. It was a nice small setup, but I find it has become too boring.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Cool :-)
    AL: Ishyrionek (31 Warrior)
    AL: Ishyrion (30 Rogue)
    AL: Ishyrionus (30 Wizzard)
    BD: Ishyrion (7)

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by Swede:1099352

Niiiiiice. Thanks for that Swede.

Maokaje

Glad to see a response to this matter. Of course its till death, if you go pvp expect to die at some point, but thats no reason to gang or spawnrush any other player just to make it easy for yourself NOT to die. Stay fair, this is a game, its about fun, seems like a lot of people have a too big ego for pvp ^-^

Thanks to the devs for caring. I like the idea about the invulnerability, it'd make pvp a much more fair and fun place Much appreciated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Awesome glad u took suggestion. . Question though, are spawns rooms always invulerable, or just after resurrection....reason I ask if the room is this presents two issues....1. They can easily run away and now in a safe zone....2. People play 1 vs 1. In spawn rooms, if they can't hurt each other in them in will upset a lot that like that... if its only invulnerabilty after death than cool
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Lady_Pebbles

Darko, PvP in CtF was never meant for 1v1 so they'll have to jump on the band wagon. If not, just figure out another way to do it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

Darko, PvP in CtF was never meant for 1v1 so they'll have to jump on the band wagon. If not, just figure out another way to do it.

Agreed, I don't 1 vs 1, still hope its not safe zone. . People close to dying will run for safety
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Nice. Congrats Djironlung for setting the wheels in motion, and thanks Swede for a quick response, and actually making work of players' concerns. Pleasantly surprising.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Asireuz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Asireuz View Post
    Nice. Congrats Djironlung for setting the wheels in motion, and thanks Swede for a quick response, and actually making work of players' concerns. Pleasantly surprising.
    Still concerned if its safe zone peopke will just kick it there and not come out...just stick with buff for a certain duration

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

2 years we have been waiting without a reply, 1 day of waiting and AL gets a reply.... I'm sensing something's wrong here...

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Woohoo. This'll sure make things easier! Especially for a squishy mage like me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I'd put a time limit on it man. We're going to end up with people not leaving the room. There's going to be a lot of complaints because of this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Hmm this should make matches more interesting and wonder how some players will react to this, pvp really needed something like this or the gate system from dl.

Though i agree that it should have a time limit on how long you can stay inside of the safe zone because if not people will try to take advantage of it and stay there.