Thread: The future of Mythic Helms and Hooks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Please refer to the following thread for the most "definitive" statement from the developers on the future of arcane and mythic gear.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ghlight=mythic

As you can see they have "plans" for the mythic armor and helms at the lvl36 expansion, but they never specifically stated that they would be upgraded to lvl36 items. In fact they specifically mention that it is not their intention to have items that continue to get upgraded so you will never have to buy new ones. Frankly it would be a bad business decision for STS to upgrade the mythic and arcane items, as I am sure they are going to introduce new mythic and arcane items, and there needs to be incentive to spend money on the new ones. I therefore think anyone would be foolish to assume that they are going to upgrade the mythic armor and helms to lvl36 at the next expansion.
    Last edited by drgrimmy; 05-18-2013 at 01:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    Please refer to the following thread for the most "definitive" statement from the developers on the future of arcane and mythic gear.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ghlight=mythic

As you can see they have "plans" for the mythic armor and helms at the lvl36 expansion, but they never specifically stated that they would be upgraded to lvl36 items. In fact they specifically mention that it is not there intention to have items that continue to get upgraded so you will never have to buy new ones. Frankly it would be a bad business decision for STS to upgrade the mythic and arcane items, as I am sure they are going to introduce new mythic and arcane items, and there needs to be incentive to spend money on the new ones. I therefore think anyone would be foolish to assume that they are going to upgrade the mythic armor and helms to lvl36 at the next expansion.

Foolish and hopeful are two different things. In my opioin, it would be a smart business move for StS to make the set upgrade able at lvl 36, but no further. It would display good faith to those who have granted the most support I.e "big spenders". It was questionable that they bought the set out in two different expansions in the first place and doing this would more than make up for it. As for Mythic Weapons, it has been stated that they would be available at other time, maybe that time will be at the lvl36 cap.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Just putting it out there. I have been playing STS games for a while now (since well before my join date here on the forums) and I have been burned by making such assumptions in the past. People just need to be careful when they make assumptions about such high ticket items, because otherwise they are at great risk of being greatly dissapointed. This is why LW refers to drangon sets from PL in the post above...
    Last edited by drgrimmy; 05-18-2013 at 01:42 PM.