Thread: The future of Mythic Helms and Hooks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default The future of Mythic Helms and Hooks

Hi.. Just wanted to ask, what will happen to these items next patch? Ive read before that they could be "traded in" for a better set.. But where?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Ucan trade in armor and helm only in next cap, no one knows and sts wont say cause its still early an maybe they dont even kno yet *cough dragon sets cough*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LwMark View Post
    Ucan trade in armor and helm only in next cap, no one knows and sts wont say cause its still early an maybe they dont even kno yet *cough dragon sets cough*
    I wonder what those dragon sets look like, maybe after the next expansion (mage storyline) *cough a new class cough* with a new storyline.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

i dont know about everyone else but i read about mythic set being upgraded at lvl36 cap (devs mentioned in a couple of threads)

but what about the mythic weapons? are the only going to be upgraded with the mythic set too?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

hooks - stay lvl26
    hammer - stays lvl31
    mythic armor and helm - upgrade to lvl36 (the way of upgrade or price is unknown)
    mythic weapon - unknown

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matanofx View Post
    i dont know about everyone else but i read about mythic set being upgraded at lvl36 cap (devs mentioned in a couple of threads)

but what about the mythic weapons? are the only going to be upgraded with the mythic set too?
    Still there is something that stirs my mind.. The Mythic achievement gives Mythic Title and Banner Rank I..
    So maybe there will be Mythic Rank II and so on?? For example New Mythic Helms II

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

I was talkin bout pl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

hooks and maul will just become the most epic twink weps of all time. As for mythic gear, refer to lws post
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

I Don't think anyone from STS ever stated that the mythic armor and helm would be upgraded at level 36. They said that something may happen at level 36, such as a trade in for a vanity, but I do not believe that there has ever been any definitive statement from STS. If you can find such a statement, please post it rather than spreading rumors. I would be careful as there was the rumor that hooks were going to be upgraded to 31 with this expansion, with claims that developers stated this in the forums, and of course this did not come true.
    Last edited by drgrimmy; 05-18-2013 at 12:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Please refer to the following thread for the most "definitive" statement from the developers on the future of arcane and mythic gear.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ghlight=mythic

As you can see they have "plans" for the mythic armor and helms at the lvl36 expansion, but they never specifically stated that they would be upgraded to lvl36 items. In fact they specifically mention that it is not their intention to have items that continue to get upgraded so you will never have to buy new ones. Frankly it would be a bad business decision for STS to upgrade the mythic and arcane items, as I am sure they are going to introduce new mythic and arcane items, and there needs to be incentive to spend money on the new ones. I therefore think anyone would be foolish to assume that they are going to upgrade the mythic armor and helms to lvl36 at the next expansion.
    Last edited by drgrimmy; 05-18-2013 at 01:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    Please refer to the following thread for the most "definitive" statement from the developers on the future of arcane and mythic gear.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ghlight=mythic

As you can see they have "plans" for the mythic armor and helms at the lvl36 expansion, but they never specifically stated that they would be upgraded to lvl36 items. In fact they specifically mention that it is not there intention to have items that continue to get upgraded so you will never have to buy new ones. Frankly it would be a bad business decision for STS to upgrade the mythic and arcane items, as I am sure they are going to introduce new mythic and arcane items, and there needs to be incentive to spend money on the new ones. I therefore think anyone would be foolish to assume that they are going to upgrade the mythic armor and helms to lvl36 at the next expansion.

Foolish and hopeful are two different things. In my opioin, it would be a smart business move for StS to make the set upgrade able at lvl 36, but no further. It would display good faith to those who have granted the most support I.e "big spenders". It was questionable that they bought the set out in two different expansions in the first place and doing this would more than make up for it. As for Mythic Weapons, it has been stated that they would be available at other time, maybe that time will be at the lvl36 cap.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Thers something abt plans for improved set but who knows what it will be and if it will be

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    The Item Plan

Mythic: There is a Mythic rarity Helm available for each class. The plan is that a Mythic rarity Armor for each class will drop in the next expansion to match. In the expansion after that, these Mythic rarity Helm and Armor set will be able to be turned in for an improved set.
    from: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?87248

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Just putting it out there. I have been playing STS games for a while now (since well before my join date here on the forums) and I have been burned by making such assumptions in the past. People just need to be careful when they make assumptions about such high ticket items, because otherwise they are at great risk of being greatly dissapointed. This is why LW refers to drangon sets from PL in the post above...
    Last edited by drgrimmy; 05-18-2013 at 01:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uzii View Post
    Thers something abt plans for improved set but who knows what it will be and if it will be

from: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?87248
    Nice find, but my link is from a more recent post from the developers with somewhat different and less definitive statements. I would just be careful. You are at risk of wasting a lot of hard earned gold if you assume that these are going to be upgraded to better items...
    Last edited by drgrimmy; 05-18-2013 at 01:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Nice find, but my link is from a more recent post from the developers with somewhat different and less definitive statements. I would just be careful. You are at risk of wasting a lot of hard earned gold if you assume that these are going to be upgraded to better items...
    I agree with drgrimmy.. and as I said in my earlier post, there exists a Mythic Rank I, so there would be a II and so on..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

no worries . i know they r very vague at this kind of things. i dont waste my money on things i dont know what im buying in it.
    but this thread can be a good place to actualy say whats reall plan. the expansion is probably planning so some dev can say something abt this already.
    i do understand that thers no such thing as "best item for ever" but it should be good for some time, bc ppl blow up a lot of money real or ingame on it.