Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Default My Characters

The Character List

I have been playing this game long enough now to realise that people have loads of characters! Some may be used more than others and that can be a problem. On the forums your username has stuck with you since you created your account and many things may have changed since then or your forum name may be completely different. Many people don't always use one main character and can always swap between them. This becomes a problem when you are using the forums and you see someone selling something for example. When you want to buy from someone and you have no clue what character they use you wonder if you will ever find them in game and complete your transfer. Also when you just see people around and wonder who they are. This is where this thread will come in handy.

Some people like to put the names of their characters in there signatures, but you can never get them all (Unless you only have a few).

This thread will be used to list all your characters and then link that into your signature! So it becomes one simple click and your characters appear before your eyes!

Also I know some people like to keep a few characters secret, that's OK. You don't need to put them up.

Instructions

First you will get to this post. In the reply box you will begin by typing in your main characters and their levels. Like the example below (or near enough to it).

Mains:
    *Character Level* *Character name* *(Character class)*
    You will continue this pattern for your 'main' characters.
    Note: If you only have one main character you only need one of these.

Next is the part is your alts or just the rest in other words. They would be best listed in order of level unless there are some that you just never use and never will use, they can go at the bottom.

Alternate Characters:
    *Character Level* *Character name* *(Character class)*
    Continue this pattern for all of your remaining characters.

Feel free to add what guild they are in or add comments about them, whatever helps you sleep better at night.
    Once you have finished your post, post your reply and you have done that part.

Now that you have completed your forum post we will get on to linking it to your signature!

This bit can be a bit tricky if you misread. Feel free to send me a PM if you need some extra help!

So now that you have replied to this thread it will show up on your profile page, the one that looks like this:
    Name:  Untitledff.png
Views: 572
Size:  153.6 KB

You will notice this link saying 'see more'. Clicking this will take you straight to that post. Right click on it and select the 'Copy link address' option in the menu.
    Name:  ssdf.png
Views: 560
Size:  24.8 KB

Next you will need to edit your signature. You can do this by Clicking 'Settings' (Found in the top right corner)> 'Edit Signature' (Found on the left hand side in the 'My Settings' box.

You are able to edit your signature from here.

Now to link your post to your signature you will need to click on the little globe option that says 'Link'.
    Name:  Untitledsd.png
Views: 562
Size:  13.5 KB

A pop-up box will appear. In that box you will paste the link you earlier copied. Once you have done that click 'OK' and it will appear in your signature. You will notice that the link has been added twice, the second link you see is what you will actually read in your signature. Replace this with 'My pro characters' or something like that. That will be what everyone clicks on in your signature and that will take them to your post.

I think that's it! Click 'Preview Signature' to make sure it worked, then click 'Save signature'.

Your link is now done!

Remember that as you progress in the game your characters and levels will change. There is no need to make another post, just edit your original post so you don't have to go through everything again.

Hope this is helpful. Feel free to send me feedback and anything you think I have done wrong/missed etc. through PM rather than post here, just to avoid clutter and all.

My example is below if that may help anyone.
    Last edited by Dreuefesie; 05-19-2013 at 05:14 AM.

Just an average signature

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreuefesie For This Useful Post: